CLARINS Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

CLARINS Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel
Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

3.9

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a sticky smelly product. I can't even comment it's performance because I couldn't bear the smell and the fact that it wasn't drying. Washed it off, returned the tube.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I said yes to repurchasing this product but with hesitation (I wish there were an option for that) because of the price tag in comparison to the amount of product.
Clarins is known for their self tanners and this one lives up to the hype.
If you can get past that horrible self tanner smell and the stickiness, this product gives a nice subtle tan that doesn't look orange.
The smell does dissipate and the stickiness does too. I apply it mainly on my legs about half an hour before bed and I haven't woken up to blotchy sheets.
I'm hoping to find a less expensive alternative but if I don't, I'll repurchase this or try the Clarins delicious self tanning cream.

on 7/25/2012 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I don't like this product, it's sticky for a while. It goes on very thin, and it takes a long time to dry. It will stain your clothes quickly if you don't let the product dry for at least 1 hour before you get dressed.This product stays sticky to the touch for at least almost an hour.
I would recommend the Sally Hanson Airbruah Spray on Tan Makeup in Light to Medium.. You can see where this product goes and it last 1 week to 10 days before having to reapply.

on 12/30/2009 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

If you can handle the smell which reminds me of Avon's Skin So Soft, this product is great, but if like me, you find it offensive then you probably won't like this.

The color of the tan is awesome, more of a very slight and natural pink shade added to the tan instead of an orange tint that is produced from similar products. I found that the tan is a bit more gradual and you may need to use 2 applications to get the desired tan but that seemed to also make it appear more natural with a healthy glow.

It is quick drying, no sticky legs or arms and no worries of product wearing off on your clothes which was a huge plus. I also didn't notice the scaly dry skin that other self tanners can produce.

I really wish they would change the scent of this. It is an expensive product that smells cheap and overbearing :(. I simply could not get past the smell.

on 6/24/2009 2:21:00 AM

I love this self tanner! at first I didnt see a difference right away but then I got a little darker towards the end of the night..I think it really blends in well with the rest of your skin and where you stop it is not all orange like some self tanners do..but when you use this make sure you exfoliate, moisturize with a lotion that is NOT oil based (victoira secret and bath and body works) a good one would be is pacifica, and then wait for the lotion to settle in and then apply the sunless tanner...but yes I love this sunless tanner!!

on 6/19/2008 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am not normally one to write bad things but this stuff unfortunately was horrible for me! I used it two times - two times and broke out over my entire body, neck, legs, arms, chest places I didn't know I could!! I am extremly disappointed as I loved the smell, consistency and Clarins other sunless products. This was bad for me - I have sensitive skin but come on I have tried several others, St. Tropez, Shiesedo, Netrogena and not once have they...back this goes...ish.

on 8/29/2007 6:49:00 PM

Nice stuff. The only other self-tanners I've tried have been the gradual, lotion-based ones like Jurgens. This is MUCH better. The effect is very subtle, though. It DOES leave your skin so soft!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HG self tanner!! The gel goes on sooo smoothly, it reminds me of the ease of putting a silicone serum on your face. It is also very moisturizing and not sticky... and the greatest thing is it dries in like 10 minutes. The smell i find non offensive even to the point that once in a while i'll put it on in the morning and not notice it all day. and i HATE the smell of most self tanners. the color is fabulous, if i am starting off from pale and i put it on 2 days in a row i look so nice and tan. i'm not super careful about how i put it on, and i've never had streaks, its always even. The price is not bad, pretty on par with most non drugstore self tanners. highly reccomended! ps i have very sensitive skin and have had luck using this as a face self tanner as well. now THAT is a cost effective use, it will truly last forever if used for face only.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HG self tanner!! The gel goes on sooo smoothly, it reminds me of the ease of putting a silicone serum on your face. The smell i find non offensive even to the point that once in a while i'll put it on in the morning and not notice it all day. and i HATE the smell of most self tanners. the color is fabulous, if i am starting off from pale and i put it on 2 days in a row i look so nice and tan. i'm not super careful about how i put it on, and i've never had streaks, its always even. The price is not bad, pretty on par with most non drugstore self tanners. highly reccomended!

on 6/19/2005 6:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Great self tanner which goes on smoothly and gives a very natural looking tan, not orange at all! The gel is very easy to apply although it wouldn't hurt to add a tint to the gel for even application. Despite the gel being clear, I still manage to acheive an even color so it's great. I am PPP and this gives me a very natural look, not too dark and not to orange. Highly recommended!