CLARINS Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

4.2

on 4/1/2018 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the color results! Nice subtle color that didn't look fake and lasted about 3 days. I applied with my hands and afterwards washed my hands with regular hand soap and didn't notice any staining. I also didn't notice any color transfer to my sheets or clothing. It did seem to take a long time to soak in, like 20 - 30 mins, before my skin didn't feel tacky. It's expensive for a self-tan product, but if you buy Clarins products then it's about what you'd expect to pay. The only thing I really couldn't tolerate was the smell; it's very strong at first and to me is a combination of strong perfume and tanning chemical. I have found other products I like just as much, with a more pleasant smell and much lower cost.

on 6/1/2010 10:58:00 AM

I bought this based on the recommendations here and I'm not really convinced it is worth the money. The first time I applied it (with a glove) I didn't notice any color at all! I am super pale, so I figured SOMETHING would show up. I reapplied the next morning and now can tell I'm slightly more "golden". It's not orange, but not bronze either. It doesn't look bad, but I was expecting more for the money. It did apply very evenly without splotching, although I was being meticulous and exfoliated well. I'm glad I bought it because I am going on the lake this weekend and don't want to blind people with my paleness, but when this bottle runs out (which won't take long) I'm looking elsewhere for a sunless tan.

Beautiful self tanner.....really! Fabulous color after just one application...makes me feel like I've been to the beach for the day overnight! Love it and once again, would have never tried if it weren't for wonderful MUA reviewers....thank you!!!!!

on 11/20/2009 8:46:00 PM

After much consideration I decided to purchase this self tanner as the sales woman at sephora raved about it.

THIS IS THE WORST SELF TANNER I HAVE EVER USED! Its basically the same quality as any drugstore brand, with all the same resuls and for 3 x the price.
The color was the opposite of natural on me. it was bright orange, which is strange considering everyone else on here seemed to end up with a gorgeous brown tan. It smelled beyond nasty, like pee almost. and it took forever to dry and left a greasy film on my face. NEVER AGAIN!! sticking with bliss's a tan for all seasons.

This product is awesome, it is by far the best self tanner I have ever tried. I LOVE being tanned, and I used to tan all the time but quit because I worried about the effects of real tanning. So I have always been searching for a self tanner that would give me a deep, glowing tan. And this is perfect! About once or twice a week I apply this all over after my shower and it develops into a nice, bronzed colour. For every day use I mix a bit of this with lotion and apply it all over just as I would regularly apply my lotion. When I go out, I mix this with a sparkly lotion to give my legs and shoulders a sexy, shimmery glow.

This is the only apply n' go self-tanner product I have found so far. Others say they are, but this one really is for me. I pretty much put this on like body lotion after a shower or before I go to bed and it never feels greasy or tacky under clothes or bedcovers. The scent is light and agreeable (I hardly notice a scent after a few moments so it must be agreeable). I do find that the tan it provides is quite gradual, but this can be seen as a plus as it does not require a guide. Since the color develops so gradually, it's practically idiot-proof and I have plenty of time to make sure I even out any darker spots with subsequent coats. Although I don't use it constantly, I will apply several days in a row to get the shade I want. I find that my skin does not dry out with this product as with some others after several applications. The resulting color is a soft-gold very believable finish.

This is my favourite self tan. I use St Tropez mousse if I want to get brown quickly but it's a lot of work to apply, wash off, etc etc. This gel is easy to apply and never streaks. It dries quickly, doesn't leave marks on clothes or bedding, and in a few hours develops into a lovely golden glow. I am very pale so this suits me and can be built up. I use a little bit every day in my body moisturiser to build a nice colour, I find those holiday skin lotions are just cheap tan and make me orange. This is a very good quality product, I will continue to use it. Thank you Clarins!

This is the best self-tanner I've tried so far and at my school ball I got asked if I had gotten a spray tan!

Pros:
-Really smooth application, much better than lotions or spray from my past experience
-Pleasant smell
-Good colour, quite natural. With one coat, noone can even tell that I faked it!
-Dries relatively fast. I usually apply it overnight and it shows up wonderfully by the time I wake up.
-Fades nicely also, not patchy like other tanners.
-Incredibly moisturising. My skin feels like velvet afterwards, this is actually one of my favourite part.

Cons:
-Price. I don't know how much it usually retails for but I bought it at about 2x the price of a l'oreal tanner of the same type as it was on sale. I probably wouldn't have gotten it at it's normal price.

All in all, I'd highly recommend this product.

I absolutely love this self tanner. I asked for "expensive" self tanner for my birthday last year and thankfully this is what my Mum gave me. It dries very quickly, doesn't mark your clothes at all and actually smells quite nice when it dries. Applied once a week I get a nice subtle tan, twice a week I look like I've been away for a couple of weeks.

I made the mistake of trying another gel tanner last week. What a big mistake it did not compare. I will throw away this other one and look forward to the arrival of my new clarins one that I ordered online today.

on 8/31/2005 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This gets high marks for ease of application, color results (I have natural golden undertones in my skin and this looks very natural, yet noticeable on me-not orange or muddy), and the fact that I can use it all over the body & face without any irritation. Only two downsides...1)takes a while to dry completely without having color transfer to clothing. I have to wait at least 15-20 minutes before dressing, and even then my skin still feels a bit sticky; 2) the scent is kind of a faint floral-chemical that reminds me of hair color developer mixed with generic dog shampoo (LOL!!!)...it's not as bad as it sounds, but the strange scent does linger on the skin the whole day & will stick to clothing. I find that most self tanners have less than appealing fragrance in general. This is a good self tanner product for dry skin especially because it remains dewy -- I don't need a separate moisturizer after using this.