CLARINS Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

Filtered by skin type : Other
CLARINS Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel
Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

4.2

The first time I tried it I hated it, but I decided to go ahead and finish the bottle since it was $35+tax CAD. It was summer while I had a natural tan and I found the tanner enhanced it, so I changed my mind.

It gives a subtle glow, and if you re-apply it again the next day it helps. The gel is white/clear might scare you but its ok, no streaking which is nice. The smell I could do without and it does seem to take a long time to dry, but I did re-purchase it. It does look very natural and very pretty. There is also another formulation called "MILK" which more like a thick white cream and this is great as well, I use the cream for my face and the gel for my body!

on 5/28/2011 5:08:00 PM

The only other self tanner that I've tried was Jergens natural glow but that did nothing for me. I could tell a difference after 1 application, but I like the color best after 2 applications. It does exactly what I want, keeping people from getting blinded by my pale pastry veiny legs. Nobody's going to ask me if I've been on some tropical vacation, but this self-tanning gel gives me a nice soft natural color. Also, I had no problems with streaks. The smell does not bother me. I like this but it's a bit pricey so I might try something cheaper. If that doesn't work out, I'd be happy to buy more of this.

It just smells so offensive...I'm using it (at night only) and only because it cost so much and I hate to waste the money! Now my sheets and pj's have the smell...it has a real chemical smell. I can't believe how many reviewers gave 5 lippies! Doesn't anyone else think it stinks? The color it gives is okay, but many self tanners (that don't cost as much) do just as good a job.

on 2/13/2009 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

UPDATE 3/16/09: I still have scabs from the rash this self tanner caused. I totally forgot about the rash until I saw the chicken skin, which has scarred my upper thighs and the outside of my legs by my knees. Scary huh? Definitely won't be repurchasing, but who knew the rash took this long to go away?

UPDATE 02/28/09: OK, I've been breaking out in a itchy, burning rash on my thighs and backs of my knees. In some areas, the rash takes 1-2 days post-application to develop. It starts off looking like chicken skin and then gets progressively redder. This is officially going in the trash and I am definitely NOT repurchasing!

UPDATE 02/21/09: I've used this several times on my legs without any problems. But then I decided to apply this to my arms, since I'll be wearing a sleeveless dress to a ball next week. When I woke up today, I had a visible itchy rash on both of my arms, specifically in the nook of my arm (opposite my elbow). I am not sure why I'm having this reaction since it works fine on my legs and I don't have any skin conditions or sensitive skin. I guess it's a blessing in disguise because I won't shell out $20+ for another tube of this...

ORIGINAL REVIEW:

Well, great. I am now a fan of 20-something dollar self-tanner. I was a religious user of Jergens natural glow, but it was too "natural" for someone who has a formal event at the end of this month. It's the dead of winter and I am pasty. I don't need natural, I need TAN, like I've been vacationing in the tropics, not schlepping around my apartment in sweats.

Out of the tube, this stuff is sharp smelling and stung my nose. However, the scent dissipates. It's a translucent orangey colored gel that absorbs quickly without any greasy afterfeel. I usually apply this, put on my pajamas and go to bed. In the morning, I am about 2-3 shades darker. For my event, I'll probably start self-tanning the Thursday before in order to achieve my ideal shade of tan come Saturday night.

Like all self-tanners, there is the distinct self-tanner smell, but I have to say it's not as strong. I like this and would repurchase. continued >>

on 6/12/2007 10:22:00 AM

I got this because Sephora was out of St. Tropez (which I have yet to try), so I got this as so many people recommend it.

I don't really have strong feelings on it one way or the other. It did an OK job, but I don't really feel it's worth the price. I didn't get streaky at all (I made sure to rub in circular motions *very* thoroughly), though it did make my feet kinda orange on the tops. No problems with knees or elbows.

The smell isn't too horrible. It made me feel really sticky, and that feeling lasted a long time. It's not a bad product, it's just average in my opinion. I don't really feel like it's that much better than what you can buy at the drug store. Alas, I am still on the search for the perfect self-tanner.

This is a very light gel with a nice fragrance that provides a light, but believable tan. It can be applied in 2 coats about 30-60 minutes after the first if desired.

It doesn't cause pimples and it should last a while (as I just use it on my face/neck).

This is a decent self tanner I'd buy again. It does have the traditional self tanner stench, and dosent have a color guide. But the color you get from it is perfect. It does take a while to dry. I would buy this again.

on 2/22/2005 7:17:00 PM

The "tan" I got from this self tanner had a distinct orangey tone which I didn't quite like. But the reason why I stopped using it, and won't buy it again, is because it made me break out along my jawline. I hate that.

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

After having had no success with this product before, I hesitantly decided to try the new formula. I am really impressed. The colour is very natural looking and goes on very well. It absorbs quickly and has not yet streaked. You can build up colour gradually and it fades nicely too. Only con: it is very strong smelling. I'll definitely keep some handy during those long winter months!

on 4/25/2004 3:03:00 PM

My favorite self tanner (along w/ EL). HERE'S WHY -->It doesnt streak, the "tan" lasts long, tan fades naturally, golden color (not brown or orange), didnt break my skin out, LOOKS NATURAL. Im a self tanner junkie and this is a must have product!! Recommend