CLARINS Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

CLARINS Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel
Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

3.9

on 4/24/2017 3:38:00 AM

I'm very pale and i really like the colour of this.

Spread evenly and not streaky. I can apply it with my hands and it washes off them completely so no need to use a mitt. I cover hands in moisturiser then wash them after and use a makeup brush to spread a little more around my wrists and hands and get a good result.

It takes a while to dry, about an hour. It's clear and easy to spread. You do feel like it doesn't dry completely but doesn't bother me. It doesn't transfer into anything at all, bed sheets and pyjamas stain free.

Good colour lasts about 3 days and then fades but it's still there 7 days after. You do need to top up mid week.

Overall it's reliable and a great tanner. Looks natural on the face as well. I don't find i need much so i don't mind the price.

on 2/8/2016 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Tried this gel for the first time this morning. Applied after my shower/exfoliation - I used a mitt. It went on smooth and it felt a bit sticky for a while. I stayed undressed for about 20 minutes to avoid blotchiness. By about an hour it felt like I had nothing on my skin, which was good. I haven't applied any to my face as I prefer to just use foundation to match my neck (I have had breakouts from tanners in the past when I applied them to my face), so I can't give a judgement on that aspect.

Pros
- Colour - very nice natural tone. I am white as snow normally and this has given me a great subtle healthy colour.
- Smell - There is a fake tanner smell with this product but I found it fades fast and it didn't bother me at all during my day.
- Coverage - So far hasn't streaked which is fantastic. It's fairly even all over and I'm impressed with how it looks on my neck, as the colour hasn't gotten into my lines.

Cons
- Price - for $50 it's hard to justify purchasing. I will buy it again but it's very expensive!

It's taken about 6 hours for the colour to develop and I'm really liking it. I think I will continue to build until I reach a colour level I'm happy with, so probably about two more applications worth.

on 8/3/2015 11:45:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I tried this awhile back and really have mixed feelings about it. The color was nice, that I really liked. But the smell and application process is REALLY bad. As others have commented, it's very sticky and "wet" feeling. It honestly feels like it never dries! The smell isn't very good either. Way too chemically. Just an average self tanner in my IMHO.

Being as ghostly white as I am, I've tried countless amounts of sunless tanning products. After reading some pretty good reviews and seeing the 4 star rating I decided to give it a go. Firstly, applying this stuff was not what I expected it to be. I thought a "glee" would glide on smooth and easy. I was wrong. This stuff is so hard to spread, especially when you're trying to get that perfect EVEN tan. I kept having to reapply. Annoying. I then felt pretty sticky which is normal for self tanning products. After finding a few that dont have the side effect though ,this real bothers me. The stickiness went away in about 2 hours. I also stunk. Bad. And was kind of disapointed in the morning with the color because it was so faint. I want to be A TAN GODDESSSS. I dont just want to glow. On to the next one!

on 5/12/2012 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This self-tanner works very gradually on my skin, I am NW15 and even if I applied it every day the difference wasn't very big, maybe my skin went up to NW20. What I really liked was that it faded in a pretty natural way, I didn't have orange scales all over my skin a week after using it, I just became paler and paler with every day. It did leave me a bit streaky which was quite surprising to me because the product isn't that ''pigmented''. I really disliked the scent, it's not as bad as the Clarins self-tanner with mirabelle oil but it's still very unpleasant, I much prefer the standard self-tanning scent (that most people seem to hate).
Overall I though it was an OK product but the Victoria's secret tinted self-tanner is still by far the best one I have ever used (not to mention much cheaper). Even if I couldn't buy that one the Garnier Ambre solair dry body mist and the Collistar (italian brand) self-tanners are also better and cheaper than this product.

on 4/22/2012 2:23:00 PM

I used to like this product as I though it provided me with a subtle and beautiful tan, but that was on the mirror. Until I saw myself in pictures and discovered that I was looking like an alligator...completely green!!. What a shame.

on 10/26/2011 4:34:00 PM

Struggled to tolerate the (overpowering) smell with this product. In the end, the smell was a deal-breaker, even though the tanning result was welcomed (light, natural). Pity, really.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Over rated....just use st tropez mousse...much better

on 6/1/2010 10:58:00 AM

I bought this based on the recommendations here and I'm not really convinced it is worth the money. The first time I applied it (with a glove) I didn't notice any color at all! I am super pale, so I figured SOMETHING would show up. I reapplied the next morning and now can tell I'm slightly more "golden". It's not orange, but not bronze either. It doesn't look bad, but I was expecting more for the money. It did apply very evenly without splotching, although I was being meticulous and exfoliated well. I'm glad I bought it because I am going on the lake this weekend and don't want to blind people with my paleness, but when this bottle runs out (which won't take long) I'm looking elsewhere for a sunless tan.

on 4/28/2010 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

OK, this is the first and only self tanner iíve ever tried, so...
I have pasty white legs and no plans to sun bathe, but summerís coming, and i want to look less larval. I figured iíd test this before my legs might be visible when itís warmer. I exfoliated my legs in the shower before my first application, as recommended. I read how horrible self tanners smell, but this wasnít so terrible and the chemical scent went away fairly quickly. I applied it as suggested, with my hands, using circular motions, and i had no obvious streaking. It dried fairly quickly and didnít rub off on my clothes. It made my skin slightly less white. A week or so later, i applied a second coat without showering or exfoliating first. Still no streaking, and the skin on my legs is now a nice golden color. Not quite my natural tan color, but definitely not orange. Iím satisfied.