Clarins Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

3.9

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I said yes to repurchasing this product but with hesitation (I wish there were an option for that) because of the price tag in comparison to the amount of product.
Clarins is known for their self tanners and this one lives up to the hype.
If you can get past that horrible self tanner smell and the stickiness, this product gives a nice subtle tan that doesn't look orange.
The smell does dissipate and the stickiness does too. I apply it mainly on my legs about half an hour before bed and I haven't woken up to blotchy sheets.
I'm hoping to find a less expensive alternative but if I don't, I'll repurchase this or try the Clarins delicious self tanning cream.

This is my all time favorite self tanner! The colour looks amazing on my skin and I get plenty of compliments when wearing this self tanner

on 12/4/2012 6:15:00 AM

This is the first time I'm commenting on Makeupalley. And I just had to make a review on this product because it is a HUGE favorite of mine.

I think the divided opinions on this tanner might be because it has different results on different hair/skin types. I am a light skinned natural blonde, and for me this tanner is just PERFECT. I feel like a bombshell everytime I use it! It just gives me this perfect natural, golden brown color as if I've been to the beach every day for a week. I think the perfect color comes out when I've used the cream for 2-3 days in a rode, but that is just my personal taste.

I do agree that the smell is a bit strange, but its definitely not a bad smell. My boyfriend even says I smell wonderfully after I put this cream on! and I do think the smell is much less intense the morning after. I usually put it on in the evening and shower it off in the morning, that way any possible smell is gone when you're off for work or school.

There are so many things I like about this product - it's so difficult to get a bad result! I never get streaks or uneven color, or spots on my hands for example. Also, the cream leaves my skin really really smooth. I have acne prone skin, and I don't get breakouts from using this on my face.

I've even got compliments from people about my "lovely color" when I've been using it. No one believes me when I say I use a self tanner!

So - my conclusion is that if you're a blonde with light skin - you might want to try this out!! It works wonders for me!

on 5/14/2012 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Curly, Medium

Beautiful effect. Not exactly instant, but pretty quick. Natural looking, not orange. Smells like dried fruit,,,but not overpowering. Generous amount in tube. Will definitely buy again!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For a very fair gal who has never used a tanning booth or gotten any more sun than absolutely necessary, let's just say most self-tanners scare me to death! But I moved near the beach and the peer pressure got to me. I tried the Clarins Instant Gel and all of a sudden, I'm a Tan-O-Rexic! I look like the biggest beach bunny and I never left home! Its natural, easy to apply and leaves my skin sooo silky smooth. Honestly, i played with several brands and this is the ONLY self-tanner you will ever catch me buying! Love it!

on 4/20/2011 9:03:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've tried, St. Tropez, Fake Bake, SevinNyne, Too Faced Tanning in a tube, both Jergens,Tan Towels, Comodynes, Elarriia to name a few lol. This one is one the best because it doesn't leave streaks and it doesn't look darker in certain areas than other. I know its hard to fully massage into exfoliated skin and make sure the creme penetrates completely, but rest assured this product doesn't need all that extra "work". I put in on my regular unshowered skin. Many times I don't massage it as well as I should and I still get brilliant results. The price might be a little on the high side for some, but it beats dreading over worrying about all the other things you have to worry about to get optimal result for this self tanner. The smell is quite nice too. Many people worry about the smell. But I don't mind, Unfortunately it comes in 4 oz, which is pretty small, so use sparingly. During the winter months I use is on my upper body cause only one person gets to see my legs. I don't use it on my face because for me this is the only part of the body it didn't turn out too good on, The outcome, a repeat customer.

on 11/2/2010 6:35:00 AM

On the more expensive side but worth it. I apply it to my arms and legs and the colour is very believable. I like the texture of this product and it is not messy. The only negatives are a slight fake tan smell and a highish price.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This product is not tinted but the application is smooth and even. I never have problems with streaking. It has the typical self tanner smell but its not strong to me. To avoid uneven tan, scrub your skin before applying and the color is quite natural and develops very quickly over the night. I use this on my face and neck only because its so expensive.

Product description mentions this product performs best within 6 months of opening. Quite true, by 8th month, it doesn't seem to work much anymore.

Beautiful self tanner.....really! Fabulous color after just one application...makes me feel like I've been to the beach for the day overnight! Love it and once again, would have never tried if it weren't for wonderful MUA reviewers....thank you!!!!!

on 5/19/2010 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Excellent self-tanner, very beautiful tan - looks very natural - something between golden and bronze. Lasts longs. Just great!