CLARINS Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

3.8

on 11/13/2008 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I liked the way this self tanner looked on my skin, it looks natural and it's a very lightweight formula, so you wont feel as sticky as with the cream formulated ones, it also doesn't smell as strong as some other self tanners, which is really nice. Here comes the other side of this... I think this product is quite expensive and I found that Almay has a self tanner that's basically the same at a HUGE less expensive price with two available formulas (cream and gel), which I think is a great option if you don't want to spend that much money. Almay's package is also the same as Clarins's one. Overall, I think it is a nice product but I rated it with 3 lippies because of it's packaging and because I found something that's basically the same and a lot less pricey.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

First time I used it I thought this wouldn't work as it's clear and I have no idea which part of my body I left out and because it takes a while for the colour to show I thought this doesn't work for me at all. But the next day the colour really showed! I was excited because the previous and also first sunless tanner I used is Clinique spf 15 mousse which hardly worked at all. I thought ok maybe if I wash the Clarins gel off the colour would be gone but 90% stayed on!

The colour under different lighting it looks slightly orange to my inexperienced eye. But I was satisfied as I did outdoor tanning before I have areas where it is my original skin colour and there is a very slight colour to those areas. Maybe you need to have a base tan before applying this stuff as the areas where I'm more tanned the colour shows up well.

The next day(which is yesterday) I applied more gel to see if I can achieve a deep bronze and right now my skin looks more orange. I don't know if the colour will improve when I wash it off. Will keep you updated. Edit: too orangey, though smells amazing.

Pros: smells great, smooth application

Cons: takes a while for the colour to show, clear gel so you don't know where you have applied, expensive and colour turns up kind of orangey

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product is OK. You have to apply it often to get visible results. I don't think that this product has an additional bronzer because the color result is light after one use. The smell is bearable compared to other sunless tanners. The best thing about this product is that it dries almost immediately so you can put your clothes on right away. It does not stain clothing.

on 12/13/2007 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely love and adore this product. Clarins is the best in self tanning and bronzer products. I have used the liquid tanner and loved it. This one is even better. My skin picks up the goldish shade in the third application. I applied the product, let it dry and applied it again. At the third trial, my face turned to this gorgeous 24 karat gold color. I am not that pale to begin with but my coloring is a bit too ashy. Other self tanning products made me look ashier and an ugly shade of brown. This did not. I also have a confession about applying this. I did not exfoliate. For some reason whenever I exfoliated before, the tanning was patchy and it streaked. Also, I love the way that this feels on my skin. It is a bit on the oily side but my skin looks 500 times healthier and nicer. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

on 7/5/2007 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love this self-tanner. The color is believeable, and is easily darkened by each application. I have had only one issue with streaking, but that is because I didn't exfoliate before I put it on. Yes, the price is pretty steep, but a little goes a long way and I think that it's worth it for the "tan" that you get. The smell was strange at first, but after awhile I don't even notice it. I will repurchase when I run out.