Clarins Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

Clarins Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel
Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

3.9

on 6/17/2001 9:31:00 PM

I love this self tanner. I'm the type that stays the same color year round and this is great for me. One application and I get a beautiful streak free golden color. Very natural looking. My only complaint is that no matter how much a scrubbed my hands after applying, it still stained my nailsbeds. Otherwise, great self tanner. Would recommend to anyone.

on 7/11/2001 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this!! I just tried my first tube this past month and this is my favorite and the one I will buy from now on! It has almost NO scent and I love this. It tans as well as the milk. No orange, no streaks, but it does seem to stain my nails more than the milks, and I don't know why. It lasts as long as the Milk tanner, I am getting 5-6 days before noticeable fading. Always exfoliate first and use on lotion free skin. You can use this one on your face too, but I have not tried it yet. I hate to try new products on my face. My skin is sensitive and I never know what they are going to do. But I will try it and then amend this review. It does not come in shades, like the Clarins face tanner, so we will see if it makes my face too dark.

on 3/7/2002 7:17:00 PM

This is the longest lasting, most natural tan color, streak free self tanner I have ever used!! Worth every darn cent!! HIGHLY recommend this one!!

on 4/28/2003 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This stuff goes on super easily (although it's a bit sticky there for a while and it takes a long time to dry) and you wind up with great, great color that lasts about 4 days. It's hard to make a mistake with this one; just wish it dried quicker. Highly recommended, though; it's practically mistake proof!

on 5/1/2003 3:27:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

My love of Clarins self-tanners continues with this Gelee! What a gorgeous golden bronze I've achieved with this fabulous potion! I applied it once, and although it feels sticky for a long time, it didn't streak or rub off on my clothes. I was initially concerned that the gel formula would dry too quickly to spread in evenly, but that's not the case...it blends very easily, and stays moist long enough to ensure proper absorption. The color I achieve with one application of this is darker than the results from one application of the eternally moist-feeling Tanning Milk from Clarins. I prefer this formula to other brands since it doesn't have a tint to it...it won't make nasty brown stains on your bras & stuff if you don't bathe right away like tinted ones do. After my initial application, I felt like I needed a bit more color (since I'm remarkably pale anyway), so I reapplied the gel before bed, and in the morning I looked like I'd spent a week in Aruba:) I will certainly purchase this again...it's a treasure for $26USD! The tan lasts for about 2 or 3 days beyond what other tanners can provide (a total of about 4 days), and the color is much more natural, not orange at all. I've even used this formula on my face, with perfect results, no irritation and no breakouts. My Clarins Gelee is definitely accompanying me on my cruise to the Caribbean in June:)

on 5/28/2003 5:45:00 AM

This is very moisturizing and works very well. No streaking and I like the smell. Works great for the face too. Wonderful natural colour!!!

on 5/29/2003 11:42:00 PM

I really wanted to hate this product because of the price ($29 Canadia, $33 with both taxes) but it turns out that I love it! The smell isn't that great but I got over it pretty fast. It develops into a nice golden colour (and I'm pretty fair) with no streaks or blotches! I was on the search for a new sunless tanner since my grad formal is next week and I think I have found it!

on 7/15/2003 6:10:00 PM

I Have bought this product so mant times hoping to get darker results but I never do. I had stood by this product but it does not get you dark just a light tan. I liked the color it made me although it was always too light. I do not honestly know if I would buy again. I like the fact you can take a bath after only an hour after application so I keep hoping.

on 9/23/2003 5:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've tried a lot of different self-tanners, and have been having trouble with developing color. That is not the case with Clarins though, it gives me a nice(not orange!) color after two or three applications.
However, it DOES rub off to your clothes(I have plenty of "not so white t-shirts anymore" to prove it), and it also (on some occasions) streaks.
The smell isn't too great either, and EXPRESS color is not true, it takes about 4-6 hours to see the color.
BUT,I like how the gel is easily absorbed and make my skin soft, and the color is nice too. All in all I would buy it again, but I don't feel my search for the best self-tanner is over just yet.

on 10/18/2003 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

this is so general -like all other sef tanners