Clarins Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

Clarins Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel
Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

3.9

on 4/24/2017 3:38:00 AM

I'm very pale and i really like the colour of this.

Spread evenly and not streaky. I can apply it with my hands and it washes off them completely so no need to use a mitt. I cover hands in moisturiser then wash them after and use a makeup brush to spread a little more around my wrists and hands and get a good result.

It takes a while to dry, about an hour. It's clear and easy to spread. You do feel like it doesn't dry completely but doesn't bother me. It doesn't transfer into anything at all, bed sheets and pyjamas stain free.

Good colour lasts about 3 days and then fades but it's still there 7 days after. You do need to top up mid week.

Overall it's reliable and a great tanner. Looks natural on the face as well. I don't find i need much so i don't mind the price.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a sticky smelly product. I can't even comment it's performance because I couldn't bear the smell and the fact that it wasn't drying. Washed it off, returned the tube.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I said yes to repurchasing this product but with hesitation (I wish there were an option for that) because of the price tag in comparison to the amount of product.
Clarins is known for their self tanners and this one lives up to the hype.
If you can get past that horrible self tanner smell and the stickiness, this product gives a nice subtle tan that doesn't look orange.
The smell does dissipate and the stickiness does too. I apply it mainly on my legs about half an hour before bed and I haven't woken up to blotchy sheets.
I'm hoping to find a less expensive alternative but if I don't, I'll repurchase this or try the Clarins delicious self tanning cream.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've been using this for a couple weeks and it gives a nice color, but I just cannot stand the stickiness. This never dries on me. I feel like I'm covered in maple syrup all night. It has a nice light smell and the color is nice, but it does not dry. That is a deal breaker for me. I will use up the tube because it is a little pricey, but I will not repurchase.

on 8/3/2015 11:45:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I tried this awhile back and really have mixed feelings about it. The color was nice, that I really liked. But the smell and application process is REALLY bad. As others have commented, it's very sticky and "wet" feeling. It honestly feels like it never dries! The smell isn't very good either. Way too chemically. Just an average self tanner in my IMHO.

on 2/8/2016 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Tried this gel for the first time this morning. Applied after my shower/exfoliation - I used a mitt. It went on smooth and it felt a bit sticky for a while. I stayed undressed for about 20 minutes to avoid blotchiness. By about an hour it felt like I had nothing on my skin, which was good. I haven't applied any to my face as I prefer to just use foundation to match my neck (I have had breakouts from tanners in the past when I applied them to my face), so I can't give a judgement on that aspect.

Pros
- Colour - very nice natural tone. I am white as snow normally and this has given me a great subtle healthy colour.
- Smell - There is a fake tanner smell with this product but I found it fades fast and it didn't bother me at all during my day.
- Coverage - So far hasn't streaked which is fantastic. It's fairly even all over and I'm impressed with how it looks on my neck, as the colour hasn't gotten into my lines.

Cons
- Price - for $50 it's hard to justify purchasing. I will buy it again but it's very expensive!

It's taken about 6 hours for the colour to develop and I'm really liking it. I think I will continue to build until I reach a colour level I'm happy with, so probably about two more applications worth.

on 5/11/2015 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

A bit greasy and sticky, smells strong and leaves skin orange ! Not a good product

on 5/11/2015 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pros: on me, this gave fast results (started developing color in a couple of hours), the color looked great on me, not orangebut a nice honey bronze color, and the smell was pleasant.

Cons: STICKY!!!! Feels sticky going on, stays sticky until you can get showered. In order to use up the tube I had (I certainly wasn't going to trash it due to the $$$) I would slather it on before I took the dog for a long walk. By the time I got back home, then got showered I had some color and could get the sticky washed off.

I've found that Clinique's self tanning gel is more effective, better price and not sticky.

Being as ghostly white as I am, I've tried countless amounts of sunless tanning products. After reading some pretty good reviews and seeing the 4 star rating I decided to give it a go. Firstly, applying this stuff was not what I expected it to be. I thought a "glee" would glide on smooth and easy. I was wrong. This stuff is so hard to spread, especially when you're trying to get that perfect EVEN tan. I kept having to reapply. Annoying. I then felt pretty sticky which is normal for self tanning products. After finding a few that dont have the side effect though ,this real bothers me. The stickiness went away in about 2 hours. I also stunk. Bad. And was kind of disapointed in the morning with the color because it was so faint. I want to be A TAN GODDESSSS. I dont just want to glow. On to the next one!

on 6/15/2014 11:15:00 PM

Though at first when I had a sample I loved it, so I bought a 7 oz tube. I like the consistency of the gel. What I hate is the smell. It's awful! I thought it was just me but one day after I put it on and sat down, my boyfriend asked me what that strange smell was, and he has a bad nose. I also noticed that when I went to scrub my legs to put some more on, it's like I'm scrubbing it off because the water is dirty. I'm going to use it till the end because I don't like wasting money but I won't be buying it again. I want to try St.Tropez or Tart.