CLARINS Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

3.0

on 5/11/2015 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pros: on me, this gave fast results (started developing color in a couple of hours), the color looked great on me, not orangebut a nice honey bronze color, and the smell was pleasant.

Cons: STICKY!!!! Feels sticky going on, stays sticky until you can get showered. In order to use up the tube I had (I certainly wasn't going to trash it due to the $$$) I would slather it on before I took the dog for a long walk. By the time I got back home, then got showered I had some color and could get the sticky washed off.

I've found that Clinique's self tanning gel is more effective, better price and not sticky.

on 5/14/2012 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Curly, Medium

Beautiful effect. Not exactly instant, but pretty quick. Natural looking, not orange. Smells like dried fruit,,,but not overpowering. Generous amount in tube. Will definitely buy again!

on 4/28/2010 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

OK, this is the first and only self tanner iíve ever tried, so...
I have pasty white legs and no plans to sun bathe, but summerís coming, and i want to look less larval. I figured iíd test this before my legs might be visible when itís warmer. I exfoliated my legs in the shower before my first application, as recommended. I read how horrible self tanners smell, but this wasnít so terrible and the chemical scent went away fairly quickly. I applied it as suggested, with my hands, using circular motions, and i had no obvious streaking. It dried fairly quickly and didnít rub off on my clothes. It made my skin slightly less white. A week or so later, i applied a second coat without showering or exfoliating first. Still no streaking, and the skin on my legs is now a nice golden color. Not quite my natural tan color, but definitely not orange. Iím satisfied.

on 3/8/2006 2:32:00 AM

Orange. Glad I did a patch test first. Returned.