CLARINS Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

4.1

on 4/1/2018 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the color results! Nice subtle color that didn't look fake and lasted about 3 days. I applied with my hands and afterwards washed my hands with regular hand soap and didn't notice any staining. I also didn't notice any color transfer to my sheets or clothing. It did seem to take a long time to soak in, like 20 - 30 mins, before my skin didn't feel tacky. It's expensive for a self-tan product, but if you buy Clarins products then it's about what you'd expect to pay. The only thing I really couldn't tolerate was the smell; it's very strong at first and to me is a combination of strong perfume and tanning chemical. I have found other products I like just as much, with a more pleasant smell and much lower cost.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've been using this for a couple weeks and it gives a nice color, but I just cannot stand the stickiness. This never dries on me. I feel like I'm covered in maple syrup all night. It has a nice light smell and the color is nice, but it does not dry. That is a deal breaker for me. I will use up the tube because it is a little pricey, but I will not repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I said yes to repurchasing this product but with hesitation (I wish there were an option for that) because of the price tag in comparison to the amount of product.
Clarins is known for their self tanners and this one lives up to the hype.
If you can get past that horrible self tanner smell and the stickiness, this product gives a nice subtle tan that doesn't look orange.
The smell does dissipate and the stickiness does too. I apply it mainly on my legs about half an hour before bed and I haven't woken up to blotchy sheets.
I'm hoping to find a less expensive alternative but if I don't, I'll repurchase this or try the Clarins delicious self tanning cream.

on 7/25/2012 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I don't like this product, it's sticky for a while. It goes on very thin, and it takes a long time to dry. It will stain your clothes quickly if you don't let the product dry for at least 1 hour before you get dressed.This product stays sticky to the touch for at least almost an hour.
I would recommend the Sally Hanson Airbruah Spray on Tan Makeup in Light to Medium.. You can see where this product goes and it last 1 week to 10 days before having to reapply.

on 7/3/2012 11:22:00 AM

I expected more fom Clarins. I used to use one of their self tanners years ago and it worked fine. This barely shows on my skin and can be a bit greasy. I think I'll stick with L'oreal Sublime. It's much cheaper and gives me a nice natural tan.

on 6/14/2009 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Have been using this product for years. Provides the MOST natural, even looking tan that just fades away gradually, (not blotchy). Nothing compares. It is expensive, but worth it. I have tried cheaper ones, but always come back to this one. NO orangey, fake looking color. Just a beautiful, brownish glow. As anemic looking as I am, I would never be without this product. I have enough sun damage from my sunbathing days and will never lay out again.

on 6/24/2007 10:30:00 AM

I recently purchased this before going on vacation and was very disappointed in how long it took the color to develop. I'm quite fair, but needed to reapply several times to get ANY color. I actually had to go pick up a bottle of L'oreal to give me quicker color. This product is way too expensive considering how much you need and how many applications are necessary to get a decent color. The smell is not bad at all, no streaking and it dries fairly quickly, but way too pricey IMO. May be ok for extremely fair people who don't need much color.

on 5/28/2007 12:19:00 PM

Like the other Clarins Self Tanners, the Gelee gives a lovely, natural golden glow. I use this on my face and neck, where I must use oil free products to prevent breakouts. Application is very easy and it leaves my skin clear and beautifully bronzed.

I love this self-tanner. I've used countless others and this is the best. This is very easy to apply and it's the first product I've ever used that I don't have any streaking.

on 6/5/2005 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was very pleased with this product. It goes on easily, dries quickly, and smells nice. The color was subtle enough for my fair skin and not streaky. Would definitely buy again. It is pricey, but it is a good product. I used some priced even higher that were not as good.