CLARINS Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

Filtered by age: 36-43
CLARINS Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel
Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

3.8

This product might be good for very fair people, but it does nothing for me. My skin is NC 25/30 in Mac and I put this on at night and the next morning there is a HINT of color on me - I applied again the next night to get darker and I detected a tinge of orange. The smell is really strong - worse I think than Jergen’s tanner. Both get me the same shade after one night so you might as well just use Jergen’s because it’s $20 cheaper than the Clarins. I will use the rest of this tanner for my face only - that’s the only good thing about it is that it gives my face a hint of a tan and doesn’t break me out. My favorite self-tanners are Jergen’s wet skin lotion in medium to dark (no tanner smell and is pretty strong for a gradual tanner), L’Oreal Sublime Bronze in Deep, and Tanwise one hour tan lotion. I have no positive recommendations for high end ones because every single one I’ve tried from Tarte to FakeBake have made me itch severely.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a sticky smelly product. I can't even comment it's performance because I couldn't bear the smell and the fact that it wasn't drying. Washed it off, returned the tube.

on 4/22/2012 2:23:00 PM

I used to like this product as I though it provided me with a subtle and beautiful tan, but that was on the mirror. Until I saw myself in pictures and discovered that I was looking like an alligator...completely green!!. What a shame.

I was about to buy this product but I thought I'd check with makeup alley first! I need a self tanner for my face but my combination skin breaks out easily with a lot of them. The Olay one I'm about to throw out is particularly bad, the Lancome Flash Bronzer gel is ok but smells. Any recommondations? Thanks!

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This product is not tinted but the application is smooth and even. I never have problems with streaking. It has the typical self tanner smell but its not strong to me. To avoid uneven tan, scrub your skin before applying and the color is quite natural and develops very quickly over the night. I use this on my face and neck only because its so expensive.

Product description mentions this product performs best within 6 months of opening. Quite true, by 8th month, it doesn't seem to work much anymore.

on 4/23/2010 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I finished one tube. I am really not sure about this. Surely it is overrating.
Yes, it looked natural on my skin, but not very flattering.
I am NC25 and probably I needed more glow than flat finish.

In the past, I tried Estee Lauder gel, the finish was more gorgeous than Clarins.

I plan to buy other products such as Bliss tan and see how I like other products.

on 12/30/2009 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

If you can handle the smell which reminds me of Avon's Skin So Soft, this product is great, but if like me, you find it offensive then you probably won't like this.

The color of the tan is awesome, more of a very slight and natural pink shade added to the tan instead of an orange tint that is produced from similar products. I found that the tan is a bit more gradual and you may need to use 2 applications to get the desired tan but that seemed to also make it appear more natural with a healthy glow.

It is quick drying, no sticky legs or arms and no worries of product wearing off on your clothes which was a huge plus. I also didn't notice the scaly dry skin that other self tanners can produce.

I really wish they would change the scent of this. It is an expensive product that smells cheap and overbearing :(. I simply could not get past the smell.

on 7/27/2009 3:39:00 AM

I'm very pale normally & most self tanners either make me look orange or don't really do much of anything at all. I've tried all the drugstore name brands (L'oreal & the like) as well as some higher end ones (Bare Escentuals, Repechage,etc.) but nothing works as well as Clarins. This gel goes on so easily & dries very quickly-no tacky residue. It doesn't have that awful self tanner smell either. The result is a nice realistic looking tan with no streaks. It fades evenly as well. This is totally goof proof (provided that you exfoliate beforehand). This is my HG self tanner!

on 5/12/2009 7:12:00 PM

I'm on my third bottle of Clarins Gelee Auto Bronzant Express and while I agree about it drying slowly and pu-wheeee it stinks (the price we pay for beauty, eh?!), I really like the results it delivers. A beautiful color that is buildable...people ask if I've been to the beach.
I applied it once before bed and was awakened throughout the night by the smell, but I do have a super-sensitive nose! Now I apply it around noon; then put on something old, sleeveless, and short to scoot around in until I bathe in the evening. Since I use Veet Hair Remover (which I loooove!) instead of shaving (which removes tan), color usually lasts 5-6 days for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Normally I'm a Chanel junkie and I love Chanel's self tanners but unfortunately I ran out and Chanel apparently did as well. :(
So I bought Clarins and I'm loving it. The smell is a little worse than Chanel's which is why I took off one lippie, but the color is just as good and the smell goes away fairly fast.

I'm pretty light-skinned and like the fact that this stuff doesn't overwhelm you with color on the first application. You can build it up to the color you're satisfied with. It's great. I highly recommend it.