CLARINS Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

Filtered by age: 30-35
CLARINS Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel
Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

3.7

The first time I tried it I hated it, but I decided to go ahead and finish the bottle since it was $35+tax CAD. It was summer while I had a natural tan and I found the tanner enhanced it, so I changed my mind.

It gives a subtle glow, and if you re-apply it again the next day it helps. The gel is white/clear might scare you but its ok, no streaking which is nice. The smell I could do without and it does seem to take a long time to dry, but I did re-purchase it. It does look very natural and very pretty. There is also another formulation called "MILK" which more like a thick white cream and this is great as well, I use the cream for my face and the gel for my body!

on 10/26/2011 4:34:00 PM

Struggled to tolerate the (overpowering) smell with this product. In the end, the smell was a deal-breaker, even though the tanning result was welcomed (light, natural). Pity, really.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Over rated....just use st tropez mousse...much better

It just smells so offensive...I'm using it (at night only) and only because it cost so much and I hate to waste the money! Now my sheets and pj's have the smell...it has a real chemical smell. I can't believe how many reviewers gave 5 lippies! Doesn't anyone else think it stinks? The color it gives is okay, but many self tanners (that don't cost as much) do just as good a job.

Beautiful self tanner.....really! Fabulous color after just one application...makes me feel like I've been to the beach for the day overnight! Love it and once again, would have never tried if it weren't for wonderful MUA reviewers....thank you!!!!!

on 5/15/2010 5:40:00 PM

I'm going to start by telling you that I had a terrible experience with a self tanner a very long time ago when I first tried an inexpensive one by Coppertone... does anyone remember that horrible product??? it was the dual pump, which had left me streaky and orange. I never touched a self-tanner again since. Lucky for us bronze lovers who are also concerned about skin damage, self tanners have come a long way!
Earlier in the year, I had a wedding to go to and it was still very cold so there was no chance I was going to get a miracle tan without stepping into a tanning salon, which I wasn't prepared to do! So I went to my beloved Clarins counter and asked a few questions, after reading read rave reviews about this particular self-tanner. I was still apprehensive about purchasing this product because of my past experience and also because of the price tag ($35 CAD). I caved and bought it because I really had no choice... I had about a week to go! I started by exfoliating as suggested and I applied that evening after the shower. As many reviewers stated, it does have a strange smell, but that doesn't last long. It doesn't take too long to absorb, although it does feel a little sticky at first. I didn't see too much of a difference the first night, but I was warned about that. I think you need to be patient when you start with this product! I put it on again the following evening and started to see the difference! I wasn't orange, I wasn't streaky, just lightly tanned and natural! By the third night I could defnitely see that you can easily achieve the color you want by layering this product, and it looks great! I haven't used it since, but I will start again as it's getting warm and I'm pretty pasty white, which isn't fun for anyone to see in the sun...I am very happy with this product and would definitely recommend to anyone! Will repurchase!

on 3/6/2010 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my favorite self tanner. Great tan color (no orange hue) with even results. While it still smells like self tanner, it's not nearly as bad as some other brands.

It's expensive, so I reserve this for my face or for special occasions (and I can't afford a mistake). For everyday body use, I use L'Oreal self tanning gel.

on 3/5/2010 3:40:00 PM

I have very fair skin and my legs NEVER tan. This product is a lifesaver for the days I wear skirts or shorts. The tan is great and not a gross orangey color nor does it leave streaks. The smell is pretty awful though and the packaging is not the greatest. I usually cut off the top part of the package to get the remaining gel...it's expensive so you better believe I'm going to get my money's worth!

on 7/13/2009 12:43:00 PM

I'm really disapointed in this product. I guess I had my hopes up from reading all the reviews but it didn't live up to the hype IMO. To me, Loreal Sublime is just as good and a lot cheaper. I'm taking it back. ;-(

I've tried a lot of self tanners and this is the best. The smell after applying is not great, but all self tanners have that odor. I get a lot of compliments on my tan when I use this. It's not orange at all, the color builds up gradually, and fades gradually. No blotches or spots when it's fading. Very expensive, but worth the price in my opinion.