CLARINS Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

CLARINS Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel
Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

4.1

on 4/24/2017 3:38:00 AM

I'm very pale and i really like the colour of this.

Spread evenly and not streaky. I can apply it with my hands and it washes off them completely so no need to use a mitt. I cover hands in moisturiser then wash them after and use a makeup brush to spread a little more around my wrists and hands and get a good result.

It takes a while to dry, about an hour. It's clear and easy to spread. You do feel like it doesn't dry completely but doesn't bother me. It doesn't transfer into anything at all, bed sheets and pyjamas stain free.

Good colour lasts about 3 days and then fades but it's still there 7 days after. You do need to top up mid week.

Overall it's reliable and a great tanner. Looks natural on the face as well. I don't find i need much so i don't mind the price.

on 6/1/2010 10:58:00 AM

I bought this based on the recommendations here and I'm not really convinced it is worth the money. The first time I applied it (with a glove) I didn't notice any color at all! I am super pale, so I figured SOMETHING would show up. I reapplied the next morning and now can tell I'm slightly more "golden". It's not orange, but not bronze either. It doesn't look bad, but I was expecting more for the money. It did apply very evenly without splotching, although I was being meticulous and exfoliated well. I'm glad I bought it because I am going on the lake this weekend and don't want to blind people with my paleness, but when this bottle runs out (which won't take long) I'm looking elsewhere for a sunless tan.

The BEST self-tanner I have ever found - and I've used every single one you can think of (GlowFusion, St. Tropez, Coppertone, L'oreal, and on and on....)!! I'm extremely pale, so I'm always trying new ones and I keep coming back to this one. It dries in about 15 minutes (not 5 minutes, like the bottle says) but it's still considerably faster than any other self-tanner. This is also the only self-tanner that has never streaked on me. I apply it 30 - 60 minutes before going to bed and I wake up with a perfectly-colored, streakless glow. The only drawback is the price, but it's worth it for the ease of use and perfect results.

I love this product. I use it primarily on my face, so a tube lasts a long time. Being a gel, it's so light and absorbs quickly and evenly. I've tried so many cream tanners that just feel heavy and greasy, like the sun-creams you smeared on your face before going to the beach as a kid. It's really easy to apply and you don't need a lot of it, it washes of your hands easily (no orange fingers the next day), the scent is perfumey and strong but pleasant compared to a lot of tanners, and the tone is natural and buildable. I'm extremely pale, so I actually don't want to look really brown, but just to lend a little apricoty glow to my sometimes ashy skin. In this sense I use it almost more as a complexion brightener than a tanner, and it does make my skin glow and elicit question-mark-compliments (eg., "oh, you look pretty today?", "new makeup?", "good night's sleep???"). I wear full-coverage foundation, but it still glows from underneath, and makes underye shadows and discolourations less obvious. It also seems to work very quickly. I'll definitely keep buying this stuff in spite of the price for those days when I just need a little help.

on 10/30/2007 7:19:00 AM

Really really great product. I was a bit sceptical at first because I seem to remember having a bad run-in with a Clarins self tanner once, which left me livid because of the horrific price. But, after reading the reviews here I decided to go for it, and I was not disappointed. I honestly can't fault this product on anything except for the price - but such is the way of things I'm afraid. Lovely texture, dries beautifully, leaves my skin soft, great even colour. I'm really pale, so I'm very happy with the colour that develops after only one application.

Hmmm had to take away a star cos I found it does get a little patchy - though this could also be my fault for being a tard when it comes to application. I hate to say this, but I think Neutrogena's gradual tan thing is better :(

on 10/7/2007 9:50:00 PM

Can't believe I've never reviewed this before! Used to use this (my first expensive self-tanner ever....was in HK and couldn't find anything else). I am switching back to this regardless of the price due to the fact that they switched the formula of my drugstore favorite...L'Oreal Sublime Tinted in Medium / Dark). Anyway, I've always gotten an even, beautiful golden tan from this stuff despite the fact that I literally glow in the dark naturally! I am a PPP to the extreme! And it is fool proof! As I mentioned, it's one of the first self-tanners I have ever tried! After all these years.....I'm going back to my true love! :)

I absolutely love this self tanner. I asked for "expensive" self tanner for my birthday last year and thankfully this is what my Mum gave me. It dries very quickly, doesn't mark your clothes at all and actually smells quite nice when it dries. Applied once a week I get a nice subtle tan, twice a week I look like I've been away for a couple of weeks.

I made the mistake of trying another gel tanner last week. What a big mistake it did not compare. I will throw away this other one and look forward to the arrival of my new clarins one that I ordered online today.

on 9/9/2005 12:21:00 AM

I bought this based on its rating on this site and im so glad i did! have only used once so far, was easy to apply and worked well on my very pale skin - looks very natural and no streaks! Gives only a light colour, so may try a second application to darken it a bit. Scent when it goes on is quite subtle, and the smell when it develops is a lot lighter than other cheaper brands. Pretty pricey (NZ $48) but definitely worth it!!

The smell is not pleasant, but the results are worth it. I think the color is great, very natural. I am already on my 3rd bottle. I just wish it wasn't so expensive.

on 4/11/2005 1:35:00 AM

I didn't like this self-tanner at all. It smells awful, it takes ages to dry and leaves a greasy feeling on your skin for hours. The colour is ok. I put it on before going to bed and it stained my clothing.