CLARINS Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

CLARINS Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel
Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

3.9

on 4/24/2017 3:38:00 AM

I'm very pale and i really like the colour of this.

Spread evenly and not streaky. I can apply it with my hands and it washes off them completely so no need to use a mitt. I cover hands in moisturiser then wash them after and use a makeup brush to spread a little more around my wrists and hands and get a good result.

It takes a while to dry, about an hour. It's clear and easy to spread. You do feel like it doesn't dry completely but doesn't bother me. It doesn't transfer into anything at all, bed sheets and pyjamas stain free.

Good colour lasts about 3 days and then fades but it's still there 7 days after. You do need to top up mid week.

Overall it's reliable and a great tanner. Looks natural on the face as well. I don't find i need much so i don't mind the price.

on 5/11/2015 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

A bit greasy and sticky, smells strong and leaves skin orange ! Not a good product

on 6/15/2014 11:15:00 PM

Though at first when I had a sample I loved it, so I bought a 7 oz tube. I like the consistency of the gel. What I hate is the smell. It's awful! I thought it was just me but one day after I put it on and sat down, my boyfriend asked me what that strange smell was, and he has a bad nose. I also noticed that when I went to scrub my legs to put some more on, it's like I'm scrubbing it off because the water is dirty. I'm going to use it till the end because I don't like wasting money but I won't be buying it again. I want to try St.Tropez or Tart.

on 5/12/2012 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This self-tanner works very gradually on my skin, I am NW15 and even if I applied it every day the difference wasn't very big, maybe my skin went up to NW20. What I really liked was that it faded in a pretty natural way, I didn't have orange scales all over my skin a week after using it, I just became paler and paler with every day. It did leave me a bit streaky which was quite surprising to me because the product isn't that ''pigmented''. I really disliked the scent, it's not as bad as the Clarins self-tanner with mirabelle oil but it's still very unpleasant, I much prefer the standard self-tanning scent (that most people seem to hate).
Overall I though it was an OK product but the Victoria's secret tinted self-tanner is still by far the best one I have ever used (not to mention much cheaper). Even if I couldn't buy that one the Garnier Ambre solair dry body mist and the Collistar (italian brand) self-tanners are also better and cheaper than this product.

on 5/28/2011 5:08:00 PM

The only other self tanner that I've tried was Jergens natural glow but that did nothing for me. I could tell a difference after 1 application, but I like the color best after 2 applications. It does exactly what I want, keeping people from getting blinded by my pale pastry veiny legs. Nobody's going to ask me if I've been on some tropical vacation, but this self-tanning gel gives me a nice soft natural color. Also, I had no problems with streaks. The smell does not bother me. I like this but it's a bit pricey so I might try something cheaper. If that doesn't work out, I'd be happy to buy more of this.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For a very fair gal who has never used a tanning booth or gotten any more sun than absolutely necessary, let's just say most self-tanners scare me to death! But I moved near the beach and the peer pressure got to me. I tried the Clarins Instant Gel and all of a sudden, I'm a Tan-O-Rexic! I look like the biggest beach bunny and I never left home! Its natural, easy to apply and leaves my skin sooo silky smooth. Honestly, i played with several brands and this is the ONLY self-tanner you will ever catch me buying! Love it!

on 4/20/2011 9:03:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've tried, St. Tropez, Fake Bake, SevinNyne, Too Faced Tanning in a tube, both Jergens,Tan Towels, Comodynes, Elarriia to name a few lol. This one is one the best because it doesn't leave streaks and it doesn't look darker in certain areas than other. I know its hard to fully massage into exfoliated skin and make sure the creme penetrates completely, but rest assured this product doesn't need all that extra "work". I put in on my regular unshowered skin. Many times I don't massage it as well as I should and I still get brilliant results. The price might be a little on the high side for some, but it beats dreading over worrying about all the other things you have to worry about to get optimal result for this self tanner. The smell is quite nice too. Many people worry about the smell. But I don't mind, Unfortunately it comes in 4 oz, which is pretty small, so use sparingly. During the winter months I use is on my upper body cause only one person gets to see my legs. I don't use it on my face because for me this is the only part of the body it didn't turn out too good on, The outcome, a repeat customer.

on 7/25/2010 11:17:00 AM

I purchased this as a face self-tanner as the product description indicates that it is for both the body and face. After using this several times on my face, I came to the conclusion that, while this did give me a good amount of color, the shade I got was more pink (dare I say even orange-y) than bronze. I wasn't altogether unhappy with the effect because I figured that some color was better than none, and it evened out my skin tone. However, I decided to see what else was out there and found a much better product in Dior's self-tanner for the face.

The Dior was certainly more expensive per ounce, but the effects were worth it as it gave my skin a more bronzed look. Another reason I liked the Dior better than the Clarins was the consistency. The Clarins is a thick gel which reminds me more of Vaseline. No matter how thinly I applied it, I was left with a greasy residue on my face that stayed until morning when I washed it off. Just having a coating of product on my face was unsettling, but I also suspect that it was giving me blackheads on my cheeks. Also, the Clarins seemed so thick that it didn't spread well. This was a small problem on my face, but I can't imagine how one would spread it all over the body easily. The Dior, on the other hand, spreads evenly and absorbs quickly.

on 6/1/2010 10:58:00 AM

I bought this based on the recommendations here and I'm not really convinced it is worth the money. The first time I applied it (with a glove) I didn't notice any color at all! I am super pale, so I figured SOMETHING would show up. I reapplied the next morning and now can tell I'm slightly more "golden". It's not orange, but not bronze either. It doesn't look bad, but I was expecting more for the money. It did apply very evenly without splotching, although I was being meticulous and exfoliated well. I'm glad I bought it because I am going on the lake this weekend and don't want to blind people with my paleness, but when this bottle runs out (which won't take long) I'm looking elsewhere for a sunless tan.

on 11/20/2009 8:46:00 PM

After much consideration I decided to purchase this self tanner as the sales woman at sephora raved about it.

THIS IS THE WORST SELF TANNER I HAVE EVER USED! Its basically the same quality as any drugstore brand, with all the same resuls and for 3 x the price.
The color was the opposite of natural on me. it was bright orange, which is strange considering everyone else on here seemed to end up with a gorgeous brown tan. It smelled beyond nasty, like pee almost. and it took forever to dry and left a greasy film on my face. NEVER AGAIN!! sticking with bliss's a tan for all seasons.