Clarins Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
Clarins Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel
Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

Being as ghostly white as I am, I've tried countless amounts of sunless tanning products. After reading some pretty good reviews and seeing the 4 star rating I decided to give it a go. Firstly, applying this stuff was not what I expected it to be. I thought a "glee" would glide on smooth and easy. I was wrong. This stuff is so hard to spread, especially when you're trying to get that perfect EVEN tan. I kept having to reapply. Annoying. I then felt pretty sticky which is normal for self tanning products. After finding a few that dont have the side effect though ,this real bothers me. The stickiness went away in about 2 hours. I also stunk. Bad. And was kind of disapointed in the morning with the color because it was so faint. I want to be A TAN GODDESSSS. I dont just want to glow. On to the next one!

on 12/4/2010 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Only get this if you want a very soft glow. I've used this so many times and it only shows when I use it 3 days in a row and that turns me orange. Huge waste of $45.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Product info: Smooth gel consistency, slight floral scent. Light golden colour. I think I paid around $45 at Myer, give or take.

Pros: Super easy to apply, and very natural looking. It has a nice golden colour. Does not streak or smell ridiculous the next day (just the normal post-fake tan smell), fades gradually.

Cons: The colour is too light for my liking (my natural skin colour is medium). This is the only reason I would not repurchase. I like it dark, but for those of you who prefer a light tan, this is perfect.

on 8/1/2008 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE this product! Never streaks. Leaves you bronze, NOT orange and dries fairly quickly! Also doesn't stain your clothes! And the smell, or the lack of is amazing! only con? the price! but definitely worth it in my opinion. i always use it before an event to make me look extra tan. :)

This product is awesome, it is by far the best self tanner I have ever tried. I LOVE being tanned, and I used to tan all the time but quit because I worried about the effects of real tanning. So I have always been searching for a self tanner that would give me a deep, glowing tan. And this is perfect! About once or twice a week I apply this all over after my shower and it develops into a nice, bronzed colour. For every day use I mix a bit of this with lotion and apply it all over just as I would regularly apply my lotion. When I go out, I mix this with a sparkly lotion to give my legs and shoulders a sexy, shimmery glow.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love the color this gives, but i need 2 applications to get a bronze color. I dont like the smell so much though. Its a little floral for my taste. Great moisturizing gel consistency. I always try others but come back to this

on 6/28/2007 6:48:00 PM

This is the best self tanner for me, I have tried Jergen and it sometimes rubs off on my clothes. I also have tried fusion beauty, Roc, Reversa(pretty good but its been discontinued :( ) I like to use Fusion on my face but not on my body, it dries too fast and gave me blotchy patches and its very expensive, $70 cdn for 148ml, So far I still think Clarins is the best, I always get compliment and people are often shocked about my fake tan :P

on 6/10/2007 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is probably the best self tanner I've ever used. It goes on very easily and smoothly, and doesn't streak at all. The color isn't orange or obvious. The color is noticeably darker after just 1 use (but not ridiculous looking) A little bit of product goes a looong way so the price is justified.

This is the best self-tanner I've tried so far and at my school ball I got asked if I had gotten a spray tan!

Pros:
-Really smooth application, much better than lotions or spray from my past experience
-Pleasant smell
-Good colour, quite natural. With one coat, noone can even tell that I faked it!
-Dries relatively fast. I usually apply it overnight and it shows up wonderfully by the time I wake up.
-Fades nicely also, not patchy like other tanners.
-Incredibly moisturising. My skin feels like velvet afterwards, this is actually one of my favourite part.

Cons:
-Price. I don't know how much it usually retails for but I bought it at about 2x the price of a l'oreal tanner of the same type as it was on sale. I probably wouldn't have gotten it at it's normal price.

All in all, I'd highly recommend this product.

on 4/22/2006 11:16:00 PM

this one works pretty good but i guess i over-expected when paying that $30 something dollars. i found natural glow from jergens works just as good.