Evian le Brumisateur

Evian  le Brumisateur

Water Nitrogen Composition

I hope that I might save people some money by writing this review. Yes, Evian will give your face a dewy look and smooth out that cakey powder foundation appearance that some of us get. But, so will regular water.

MAC Fix+ at least has the additional ingredient of glycerin but Evian is literally just mineral water you spray on your face. It hardly makes it worth the price and there are no magical ingredients to make your makeup last longer, your skin look better or your complexion to look more glowy. It's just mineral water in a spray can, plain and simple.

Here's a cheap - and equally as effective - way to get the same results without buying the Evian OR the MAC Fix+.

Buy an atomizer - there are lots of places online to purchase one rather inexpensively (you can even get them on Ebay!). Buy a jug of mineral water or purified water at the grocery store (about $1 a gallon). Fill up the atomizer, and spray away.

This is another one of those instances where you are really paying for the brand name more than the product itself. I assure you that doing the "make your own" will work just as well (I use that method all the time, especially in the summer!). For an added boost of summery keep-coolness, keep your atomizer in the fridge! Pull it out after doing your makeup, before bed and anytime you feel like you just need a refresher!

on 6/30/2011 5:21:00 PM

Once upon a time when I was younger I was swayed into purchasing this product due to the stellar reviews and the pretty packaging. I thought it was amazing at the time, but looking back I realize that it was just a placebo effect. After years of science classes I realize that it really is just Evian water in an aerosol can. Even so, the difference between the benefits of using Evian water as opposed to tap water or other brands of water is negligible. In addition, spraying your face with water and allowing it to evaporate will only leave your skin more dry than it was before. However, if you enjoy the sensation/don't use it for hydration purposes, the same effect can be achieved with an atomizer filled with water (as someone previously stated).
And FYI the nitrogen in the can is simply pressurized nitrogen gas which is the same nitrogen gas that makes up 70% of the air we breathe so, unless your skin has never come into contact with air before, it does not negatively affect your skin.

on 7/1/2011 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This product, if you can even call it that, is a complete waste of money. It is water in a can...expensive water in a can. It does absolutely nothing for your face. I rather stick my head out the window while its raining.

on 4/2/2009 4:49:00 AM

"Nitrogen actually IS bad for your skin"....I would like to clear up this is NOT true, it is LIQUID nitrogen that is bad for the skin. This spray uses nitrogen to spray out mineral water (H2O) NOT liquid nitrogen (LN2).

Why this is a great product (even though it is on the pricey side) is because it is free of tap-water chemical, suitable for all skin type and especially handy when one is in low-humidity environment (ex. when traveling on an airplane.) .

Duh it's water in a can. When I was a little girl & went to the department store with my mom, I would grab the giant tester of this and spray and spray my face until my mom found me and/or the lady at the counter gave me the evil eye. Someday I vowed I would have my own can. Well now I do.

I spray it after cleansing morning and night, and on top of makeup to set and refresh. Can't say if it actually does cacka-doodle-doo, but it makes me feel really really happy. Seriously, it seems like my skin looks calmer, so maybe it's rinsing away the tap water somehow.

I spray it on my little daughter's face and she adores it too, maybe another sucker in the making...

on 11/29/2016 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

So, yeah, it's awesome. Does anyone NEED Evian in a can..? No, and I'll be first to say it's a pretty first world problem to have, finding the best water in a can. But it's all relative. We also do not NEED twenty eyeshadows, or any eyeshadows actually. Should we be feeding hungry children instead of buying blush..? Maybe so. So don't get hung up on why one beauty product has more right to exist than another. I have REALLY sensitive patches of skin on either side of my nose. To the point where if you saw me when they're firehouse red and raised and getting scales, you'd wonder what was wrong with me. Lots of things set them off, but they're so dry, I need SOMETHING. This helps a great deal. I have tried several other famous Euro brands of water mist, and all made the patches BURN. ( many contain other things, like chamomile). This feels calming. The mist is the finest one I've tried. I see lots of girls saying you could just pour regular Evian in a spray bottle. Yeah, you could, but getting it in the face with a spray bottle is unpleasant. The fine setting isn't THIS fine. Would you say you can save money on spray paint by taking regular paint and pouring it in a spray bottle you had?? Whatever you spray it on is gonna look pretty sad. Trust me, it's a big difference. This is fabulous for cooling down, setting makeup, moisturizing before putting on cream or serum/etc, it's great. I'm now a believer and have it on auto-order. Even my husband uses one in the locker room to cool down and he is NOT the type to look at him that you would think canned Evian would float his boat. But he says people covet it all the time there & it works well. Try a small can. It IS expensive, but again, if it soothes my hateful red patches, I don't care!

Why dafaq am I blown away by fancy water in a can?! Fancy can water?! Why??! I've bought these more than once and I love them! I'm not sure why though, because all it is is fancy water in a spray can!! That's it! But I keep buying them and I love them. I give my face a lil spritz spritz after I wash my face in the morning and night. I have one in my purse to give my face a lil spritz spritz during the day at work. I love this fancy can water and the way it feels. It's like, the most gentle and cooling sea mist feeling in your face. Like little angelic water kisses on your face. There's something oddly soothing about this product when your spraying it in your face. I haven't tried it when it's boiling hot out, but lemme tell you; I have a feeling I'm gonna love it more. I was able to snag this on sale, pretty much everytime I've bought it so far...would I buy this not on sale? God dammit I just might! For what it is, and the sensation you get from it, it might be the most luxurious product I can think of; all it is is water. In a spray can. And for what it is, it's a stupid price. So yes, it ends up being one of those luxury products based on that. But gad damn I'll be buying this again..

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

There are only two ingredients in this product: water and nitrogen and I think that the nitrogen is not good for your face and your paying for something that has only negative effect. I thought about washing my face with only Figi water ect but not spraying water mixed with a chemical. Where are the vitamins,aloe,caffeine(skin plumper) ,or antioxidants? If you need a skin refresher put some spring water or Evian water in a spray bottle or get an atomizer and fill it with Figi,Evain,mineral,or spring water.I used this method this summer! I take it out of the fridge and take it to amusement parks,working out ,after tennis ect More environmentally sound than the aerosol can that will end up in a landfill somewhere. .This is another one of those instances where you are really paying for the brand name more than the product itself! Save your money people and do it natural without the nitrogen.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I purchased this due to the number of overwhelming positive reviews. Is it refreshing? Absolutely. However, so is cold tap water in a spray bottle. I have naturally dry skin and a few sprays still leaves my skin dull, dry, and tight. I've read several of the reviews for this product and I find it very interesting that some people use it to set their make-up, but some people use it to cleanse/refresh their skin at the gym and/or after working out. How does it do both? If it sets your make-up, wouldn't it set your sweat? If it cleanses your skin after a workout, wouldn't it remove your make-up? I wouldn't be surprised if the contents of the container were replaced with a placebo (free tap water), people would still rave about it. I think the portability is nice, I love that the sprayer distributes the water (er, I mean product) more evenly, but all-in-all, I am not convinced this isn't anything more than bottled water in a spray can.

on 3/21/2010 11:16:00 AM

While almost $9 seems expensive for a can of water, there's something special about it. I wear Bare Minerals and once I've applied it, I just spritz my face and don't even look back at the mirror. By the time I get to my car, it's gone and all I'm left with is a dewy, sexy and youthful glow.

I've read here that many are using regular Evian water and putting it into small spray bottles and I just may try that when I've finished this bottle. Nevertheless, for the tiny bit required for a setting (just a touch of the atomizer, barely a full spray) it lasts me for months and even in this recession, I'm not going without it.

As a side secret, if I have the travel size in my bag, before I put on more lip gloss, I'll often spritz my lips first and then put it on. Ultra plump and sexy lips!

Popular Face Skincare Products