Orly Nail Polish

Orly Nail Polish

3.9

on 5/12/2016 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I actually love this nail polish, it goes on smooth and opaque (I have the color Vintage), it dries fast, and it doesn't do that annoying thing every nail polish seems to do where it smudges if you so much as try to grab something once they feel dry to the touch. However, I don't know if it's because of the topcoat (I used the Orly topcoat with it) or the polish, but every time I've used it, every bit of polish will peel off in one piece if I move my hand the wrong way. I'll experiment with it some more with some different topcoats and I'll definitely finish the bottle because I love the color but I probably wouldn't repurchase it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I have mixed reviews on this nail polish. The light ones apply very patchy but the more opaque ones apply wonderfully. So I suggest just buying the opaque colors and look for other brands for the lighter nail polish colors

To Read all 125 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/17/2016 11:38:00 AM

Not the best, but not the worst either. Orly is definitely not my favorite brand, but there are a handful of Orlys that I think are really great. I own and love Hot Shot, Glowstick, Mirrorball, and Glitterbomb. But that's it for now. My nail polish collection is 200+ and I have actually swapped or given away most of the Orlys I've tried.

As a brand, it has been very hit-or-miss for me. Mostly misses. I prefer OPI, Essie, Zoya, and Butter London in terms of color and formula. Also, their brush is too thin and I don't like their unwieldy jumbo bottles. Not great for storage.

I don't gravitate toward the Orly display when I go shopping for nail polish, but if the right Orly came along I would definitely snap it up.

Overall, would buy it again.

on 1/15/2016 11:38:00 PM

orly has an amazing range of shades. i find them more long lasting than opi.

on 6/7/2015 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

The Bonder Rubber basecoat is the best on the market IMO

Their colors and formulas are fantastic! I came on just to sing the praises of Confetti

Confetti, like Essie's 'Ballet Slippers', is the go-to color for a Clean Nail look. One coat for clean polished nails. Two coats for hint of color pink. Three coats for the color as it appears in the bottle.

Highly recommended for beachy Summer mani/pedis

on 6/4/2015 6:41:00 PM

Wow, seriously this is the worst nail polish i have ever used that was not like 20 years old. I was so disappointed because the color is great, I bought "Thrill Seeker" just today and it is super bright and wonderful, but the awesome color doesn't matter when it looks like crap. It was so goopy and impossible to apply in an even coat. I'm not wasting my money on this brand again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I bought this nail polish today for only $2 at Sally's Beauty Supply. I got it in the color Goth, a shiny black color with tiny specks of gold all over.
The things I really love about this polish:
1) The fact the formula is super liquidy and also very opaque in color. With two coats I obtain full color opacity on my nails.
2) The brush of the applicator is very thin and small, which makes it very easy for me to paint my nails with a few strokes and almost no mess at all.
3) It dries super fast, so I didn't have to wait much in between coats!

Amazing quality for price, so easy to use. Will definitely repurchase

on 5/18/2015 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Orly Nail Polishes are sold in a variety of places (online, Sally Beauty, CVS, Ulta to name a few) and have a very wide range of colors and finishes. Price-wise I have seen them in the $5+ range online all the way up to $7.99 for core colors. I've tried several shades and finishes from shimmer to pearl to foil to glitter and have had application problems with most. In some cases the consistency of the polish was very thin and in other cases very gloopy and sticky. I've had drying time issues with quite a few where, even with Seche Vite, the polish is dentable several hours later. As to the application process, with most I have tried there has been tip pulling, streaking, bald patches, and cuticle pooling. I think I've tried one so far that has applied well. Also, I have noticed that while the finish is very shiny on day #1, by a couple of days later it has dulled significantly even with SV. The Orly brush seems to be a little on the thin side but the rubberized handle is the best thing about this polish. All in all, for the price of these, I would expect a better application and formula so I doubt that I will be adding too many Orlys to my stash.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This is one of the few nail polishes that doesn't chip on me. It literally last 10+ days until I remove it. The colors I have are not streaky,apply opaque with one coat.I usually purchase at Sallys or Walmart. Love the comfort of the handle & the ease of the brush. I usually use Dior, OPI,Marc Jacobs.I had started using Nars but the quality is not even on the level of some Sinful polishes. Orly has a lot of higher end/price polishes beat.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I own just a few shades (Au Champagne, Rage, Passion Fruit, Shine On Crazy Diamond), but Orly really makes the easiest-to-apply polish due to the combination of brush, bottle top/brush handle, and formula. Au Champagne, especially, is the only white polish I've ever used that isn't a horrible, streaky pain in the butt. Quite cheap for the quality, too.

Popular Polishes