2.9

price range

Reviews

2.0

a year ago

Drys fast, nice and shiny. But it peels and chips horribly after just one day! It's surprising because OPI nail polishes usually stay on really well, but this doesn't at all. I use it just as a clear polish though, but if it chips alone then I don't see why it wouldn't chip over nail polish.

About reviewer (109 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

2 years ago

Well I was very disappointed with this top coat... Dried way to slow ... The shie was ok while it lasted.. I love opi products but this one I'll not purchase again..

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Medium

HairBrunette

3 years ago

I like this top coat a whole lot surprisingly! I had a terrible experience with the original OPI Top Coat and was uninterested in trying any other OPI top coats due to that experience. However, I got this particular top coat for free when buying another OPI polish so decided to give it a try - and I was very surprised and impressed. The formula is great, not too thick or thin and applies easily in one coat. It did not drag the polish on my nails, or cause any bubbling. It dried very quickly and to a very shiny finish, which I love. I also find that my polish does not chip easily when I use this top coat, so my manicures last for a long time. I have used this top coat with OPI and Essie polishes and have had the same good result. I pair it with OPI Natural Base Coat. I am very impressed with it and would repurchase it. It is better quality than my much loved Essence top coat, but is about 5 times the price, so this is a luxurious treat. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a fast drying top coat with a very glossy finish.

About reviewer (724 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

Oh lord this top coat is bad, it is very quick drying but my (OPI) polish did not last 24 hours before chipping. Not only that, it got super think and gloopy after like 4 uses. I love OPI polish but this is the worst top coat!

About reviewer (45 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

3 years ago

I'm very surprised by the negative reviews as I really like this top coat. It has been sitting in my nail drawer and I'm so glad I didn't purge it. I prefer it over the much loved Seche Vite as the OPI top coat doesn't give my polish the 'shrinkage' that SV does. Of course, YMMV. True to its name, OPI RapiDry does dry rather quickly. I do my nails before bed and no issues with polish on my sheets. I have no issues with the application - it's smooth and even. The SV can be a little gloppy at times, especially if I'm almost done with the top coat. My manicures last about 5 days with this top coat which is standard for me. (I don't wear gloves when doing dishes and I'm pretty tough on my nails overall) A definite re-purchase.

About reviewer (681 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairOther, Wavy, Medium

4 years ago

I purchased a mini bottle of this to try it out as OPIs regular top coat dries waaaaay too slowly for me. I had heard good things about this top coat but I haven't found anything good about this product so far! Firstly, and most importantly, this top coat does NOT dry fast. In fact it does the opposite. It takes hours to dry and when it eventually does I don't even think the state it's in could be called dry. I can still make dents in it 12 hours after application and it always seems like there's a layer of polish somewhere permanently wet as I can press on it and leave marks days later. The application is also horrendous. It gets gloppy whilst trying to apply it to nails and it does not self level at all. I found it also tended to drag polish. I found this so weird as I've never come across a top coat which goes gloppy quickly yet takes forever to dry. When I apply it, it bubbles and I have NO IDEA how because there will be no bubbles in the bottle! I've seen it suggested this product be used in conjunction with the Rapidry spray but I won't be purchasing it. I don't think I should have to purchase two products to get a decent top coat. The only good thing I have to say about this top coat is no shrinkage I will not be wasting my money again

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Medium Brown

HairBlack

2.0

5 years ago

Yes, it dries your nails faster. They are dry to the touch after a minute and pretty much dry after 15. It also provides a nice shine. HOWEVER, this makes my nails chip like crazy! A day later, I'll have at least one chip and two days later, I basically have to take everything off and start over. So if you like to change your polish very often, this is a good top coat. Otherwise, stay away!

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

3.0

6 years ago

Just like an ordinary top coat. It doesn't dry faster nor lasts longer. After 3 days my nail polish was already gone.

About reviewer (192 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

3.0

6 years ago

I am on my 2nd bottle now and both bottles got really gunky only 1/2 way through. It got so thick that it was impossible to apply. I called OPI ad they replaced my 1st bottle saying that I should refrigerate it. The refrigerated bottle did the same thing. Because of this I will not buy again. It is too pricey to waste 1/2 of it. It does make my polish last longer. On my hand the polish used to only last about 3 days before chipping, but with OPI Rapid Dry, it lasts almost a week. That is great, but halfway through, the bottle the product becomes useless. Some say that is normal for quick dry formulas, but when I used Orly In a Snap, which I love, that bottle lasted for years. I am going to go back to that and also try Seche vite which seems to be a favorite of many.

About reviewer (43 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

6 years ago

I love this top coat and never do my nails without it!! When I purchased it, it came with a free full size Bubble Bath, so I thought it was a good value. It took me a long time to figure out how to use this top coat effectively, but now it's perfect for me. I think some of the bad reviews are due to the fact that there are some tricks you have to learn. 1) I wait 1-2 minutes after my last polish coat before I use this top coat and I use a fair amount of top coat. If I use it too soon or use too little product, it does streak my polish slightly. Also, if you use a thick thick layer of top coat, you will get bubbles. 2) As your bottle gets older (for me this was 1/4 of the way through the bottle), add a few drops of nail polish thinner. I've done this a few times, and it makes the polish much easier to work with - easier to apply with less bubbles. I polish my nails at night (bonder, 2-3 coats of polish, and this top coat) and I can get in bed 5 minutes after applying this with ZERO sheet marks in the morning, and still shiny 4-5 days later. Winner for me!

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool