Chantecaille powder brush

No Image

4.5

on 1/2/2011 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

it is really one of the softest brush i have felt ever~ the powder goes on the brush fairly well and evenly and it dispenses it beautifully on the skin, it is, honestly a bit flimsy... but it does its job~ the finish is very natural and it's like barely there!! other than brushing it on, i swirl it on and then pad it to set my foundation. becos of its softness, i can def say it can be used as a blush brush, but it is a bit too big for that for me! i really like how classy it looks with the white wood handle! really glad i got it, though its kinda pricy, but i think its well worth it!

I really like this brush when applying my MUFE HD powder [I use this everyday after my moisturizer and SPF cream]. It is so soft and feels so gentle on my face. It distributes the powder beautifully. I actually want to buy a new one as an alternate brush so that I can wash it everyday :)

on 9/21/2008 6:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Very soft and very fine quality hair. It could be a little fluffier and fuller, but i love how soft it is so its worth the price.

on 8/16/2006 1:52:00 PM

I should have wrote this review last year when I purchased this brush. I thought since Chantecaille, it would be an amazing powder brush. Totally the worst I've ever purchased (used to have all Chanel brushes which were pretty good but not the best). This brush is soft, however, the cut and style of the brush is ALL wrong for applying powder. The brush length (hairs) are too long, the width is too flat and narrow (think pancake flipper) and thus is very flimsy! My powder never applied evenly, but I thought it was me! I recently purchased Trish McEvoy's #5 Powder Brush as I heard it was the best. Trish's brush is a best seller and totally puts this brush in the dust..... Trish's brush is more dense (but not too firm like Chanel's) and is thicker and more rounded so you can push/buff the powder into your face for seamless and flawless application!!

Really really soft, and delivers just the right amount of product....Love it....Highly recommended !

on 4/26/2006 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I was very surprised to find a powder brush that rivals Trish McEvoy's in terms of softness and durability. This is an excellent brush, great for powder but also makes an ideal blush brush. It deposits the perfect amount of color for most blushes (for really pigmented brushes you still may want to use a skunk brush.) It's so soft and hasn't shed at all since I bought it a few months ago, and I've been using it daily. Very pricey but since it's well-made and makes blush look more natural, very worth it.

the only reason i took one lippy off it is that the hair falls! thought it was only my brush but the same thing happened when i tried in department stores. otherwise i cannot say enough good things about this brush. the softest one among all the brands. heard the one from Laura Mercier is good and i got one home and is still not as soft as this Chantecaille one. not even close! im gonna keep this forever. having said that, its big and fluffy and its fantastic for a natural look and if your after a more dense application you probably wanna go for their brush for blush.

on 1/1/2003 8:52:00 AM

This is priced about like Stila Brushes. The powder brush is a large flat sable with rounded edges, and an ivory colored wood handle. It is attractive and sturdy. I've had mine for five years and it looks like new. It's large enough to apply powder, but it's shaped well enough to double as a wide blush brush, which is mostly how I use it.

on 7/22/2002 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I love my Chantecaille powder brush! I have brushes by MAC, Guerlain, and Stila and the Chantecaille is by far the softest. It leaves the other brands sitting in the road. I love to use this brush for applying powder foundations. I also use it for my Guerlain Les Meteorites powder balls.

on 12/5/2001 4:12:00 AM

An excellent large, soft, fluffy brush, ideal for applying loose or pressed powder with a featherlight touch. Too soft for a more concentrated application of color.

Popular Makeup Brushes