Bumble and bumble Surf Spray

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Bumble and bumble Surf Spray

3.4

Water, Hydrofluorocarbon 152a, Alcohol Denat., Vp/Va Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Acrylates Copolymer, Sea Salt\Maris Sal\Sel Marin, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Water, Hypnea Musciformis (Algae) Extract, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Gellidiela Acerosa (Algae) Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum Extract, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Aleurites Moluccana (Kukui) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Sorbitol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dimethicone PEG-8 Meadowfoamate, Hydrated Silica, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Aminomethyl Propanol, Fragrance (Parfum), Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol, Limonene, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol

on 11/28/2017 3:33:00 PM

Well as a beauty blogger I buy all hype products! and this was like you really mean it? yes, it does give volume and this beachy messy, salty, sticky look of hair like you just came out of your bungaloo house in Tahiti island...but hello...it takes away all the shine of hair, agree with other reviews it dries out hair so badly and it is impossible to comb my hair even I wash my hair after. For me, I prefer to be blonde island beauty with perfectly clean wavy hair rather than an island girl of 3 weeks non washed hair look. But...you choose:) Sometimes we all need to get messy:)

on 7/20/2013 8:35:00 PM

Dunno what beach the makers were trying to emulate salt water from but certainly not anywhere close to what salt water and salt water air does to a naturally wavy persons hair.
I have naturally wavy hair, it's fine, and the since wavy hairs tend to be more porous and cuticles are open, it can get dry.
I've tried every which way, sleep on it, scrunch it, spray when wet, spray when damp, spray on hand instead of hand and scrunch, diffuser, braid it, bun it, twist it, tie it, use with moisturizing cream, use with Argan oil, use without creams, use without oil. Absolutely zero beach waves the emulate my home in the islands. I see what they are trying to do, but it's a long shot.
Makes my hair more limp, flatter, crusted, dry, frizzy, and odd....
Surf spray is Not for my hair type. I know it's possible because I bottle ocean water back at home (kapolei) and spray it, perfection.

I managed to find this for a good price at a CCO in Birmingham. I really enjoy it! Straight-haired ladies, don't expect a miracle. I only use it for extra texture after styling. I have shoulder-length hair that's somewhere between coarse and fine. But there's a lot of it. It tends to hold whatever style I put it in. It has its issues, but I can't complain. So this product just adds a little something else to it. It's less of a styling spray and more of a finishing spray. I love what it does for my hair!

First off, I can't imagine that this product would create curls on naturally straight hair. You have to go into this with realistic expectations. It cannot replace a curling iron. That being said, I have naturally wavy hair that is fine, but I have a lot of it. I use a tiny drop of gel when my hair is damp, and then I flip my head over and squirt some of this on when my hair is damp and scrunch it a tiny bit. It adds minimal volume and makes my waves look springy and tight. It doesn't weigh down my hair or make it greasy in the slightest, it's also not sticky at all. It doesn't even feel sticky on my hands so I'm wondering why some people are finding that it made thier hair sticky?
The black spray bottle packaging attracts lint to stick to the bottle, if you try to travel with it you will see what I mean. I haven't tried using this soley but I'm thinking about trying it after reading some reviews. Everyone with curly or wavy hair has to find what works for them, I find my hair looks better and retains tighter waves (and curls in some places) when I let it air dry for a bit without any product in it. That could be because my hair is baby fine.
Bottom line is that if you have naturally wavy or curly hair this might add a little volume and help enhance exisiting waves and curls. Its pricey, maybe try to use the sample one at Sephora if you can before buying it. I must admit in all honestly that after wanting to try this for years and finally getting my hands on it, this is not as great as I had hoped for. I can pretty much get the same results from my drugstore gel applied to my naturally wavy hair.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is great...gives volume to my fine/limp hair. It is pretty expensive for the size, but I got it from my mom so I guess it doesn't matter! :)

but seriously, really adds volume which I so need. You can use a lot or a little and it lasts all day.

I love this stuff. It was an impulse buy at Blue Mercury because I was feeling blah about my hair. This works great for a beach, wavy look if you spritz some on and let your hair air dry (I finish it off w/ the dryer for time's sake). You scrunch or twist to encourage waves. If you have very straight or fine hair, this style may be hard to achieve without actuall curling your hair. I have medium thick hair w/ a natural wave and I love how easy it is to get sexy, beach waves.

But, the most surprising thing I found was how well this works to add volume and texture when I do my regualr blowdry and style. It is better than any mousse, gel, styling lotion, etc. that I have tried. I soritz a little and comb it through damp hair and then style as usual w/ my blowdryer and brush. It gives you that texture that you get the day after washing but without the oil. It helps my hair retain the style all day. The added texture also helps my hair stay up when I do ponytails or put it up.

It is pricy as all B&B products are but I would definitely repurchase.

on 12/20/2007 3:39:00 PM

This smells awful and it REALLY dries out your hair.
But, if you have the right texture for it (aka, soft/wavy hair), then it'll work magic for you. I happen to have soft, fine, curly hair, so this is of no use to me on most days. But on days when I want my hair turned into beachy waves, I straighten my hair, apply surf spray, braid it and go to bed. In the morning, I unbraid and style lightly with finishing cream and VOIL└. Amazing, gorgeous beach waves. Unfortunately, this entire procedure, however lovely the result, takes way too much time for me, meaning I never actually do it, which in turn means I basically have no use for this product, thus the mediocre rating.

But the bottle, with it's sleek black coating, and turquoise/yellow lettering, is the hottest thing in my bathroom.

on 12/20/2007 5:13:00 AM

I tried this product several times....also in search of that "out of the sea and air-dried look" with really perfectly defined ringlets of hair. No way! The thing simply glued my hair into mini bird┤s nests that I had to was twice over with a purifying shampoo. I tried many times before I completely gave up. Maybe they should revise the instructions for use?!

on 6/14/2007 8:10:00 PM

This product is awesome. I have thick, naturally wavy hair that tends toward the frizzy and unruly and this stuff does some kind of miracle, taming my waves into a piecey, sexy tousled look. Love it and will re-purchase over and over again.

on 12/4/2006 10:05:00 AM

Great beach hair~ Much better than the surf spray by John Frieda which seems more oily and dilute. A bit crunchy tho

Popular Styling Products