Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray

Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray

3.4

Water, Hydrofluorocarbon 152a, Alcohol Denat., Vp/Va Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Acrylates Copolymer, Sea Salt\Maris Sal\Sel Marin, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Water, Hypnea Musciformis (Algae) Extract, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Gellidiela Acerosa (Algae) Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum Extract, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Aleurites Moluccana (Kukui) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Sorbitol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dimethicone PEG-8 Meadowfoamate, Hydrated Silica, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Aminomethyl Propanol, Fragrance (Parfum), Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol, Limonene, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol

on 6/13/2018 11:12:00 PM

I dont know but mine stinks it might of went bad. The nossle also sucks. It makes my hair crunchy and weird. I do not like any bumble and bumble. Never tried anything that works for my hair. Good thing i got this in a travel set, id never get the full size. Hard pass on this brand.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

If you have dry, curly and color treated hair stay away from this. It will leave your hair looking 10x dryer and more tangled not sexy beach hair at all.

on 12/17/2017 1:40:00 PM

This is the answer I've been looking for! I moved to a house with a well, so the water goes through a water softener. Sure, my hair is soft and shiny but WILL NOT hold a style. At all. I've always had a problem with styles sliding out after a few hours, but after I moved the problem got so bad I kid you not 10-15 minutes after styling my hair lost the style and hung like a limp dishrag. I tried all sorts of styling products to give grip, but nothing seemed to work to hold the style and give me volume and usually ended up making me look even worse because my hair is so fine and doesn't tolerate a lot of products. I stayed away from the surf spray-type products because I read so many reviews that they are drying, but I finally tried this one and VIOLA! Problem solved!! I *finally* can wear my hair down in a pretty style (I wore my hair in a ponytail for close to a year, it was THAT BAD), and even when the waves finally slide out I'm left with volume and it still looks pretty decent; with this product, my waves stay in for most of the day, which is really great, better than when I had city water. I don't find the product too drying, but I do use a lightweight conditioner in the shower, non-drying mousse, and a tiny bit of Aveda Smoothing Fluid Lotion toward the ends before using my flat iron to wave. I also use Bumble & Bumble Sunday Shampoo once or twice a week to get any mineral buildup out (it has ingredients that chelate the minerals and get them out of your hair); this product has magnesium sulfate not salt/sea salt but I would think the mag sulfate still can build up and make your hair look dry. The Sunday Shampoo might be the answer for those who think this is too drying, you may actually have mineral buildup. Anyway, yes I absolutely positively will buy this again, it is a miracle product for the hair woes that water softeners cause!

on 11/28/2017 3:33:00 PM

Well as a beauty blogger I buy all hype products! and this was like you really mean it? yes, it does give volume and this beachy messy, salty, sticky look of hair like you just came out of your bungaloo house in Tahiti island...but hello...it takes away all the shine of hair, agree with other reviews it dries out hair so badly and it is impossible to comb my hair even I wash my hair after. For me, I prefer to be blonde island beauty with perfectly clean wavy hair rather than an island girl of 3 weeks non washed hair look. But...you choose:) Sometimes we all need to get messy:)

I love it. I have stick straight hair. I use this with my diffuser or with a curling iron. And the curl and body last. My husband said whatever have been doing with your hair. Keep doing it!

on 10/12/2016 8:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I tried this in a travel size as I think it's always a good idea to try a smaller size before committing to a new product. Especially with products which are on the pricier side!

My hair is curly-wurly and thick and I normally straighten it after washing and letting it air dry.
It usually behaves well and I don't really have issues with it (probably the result of having a good routine down).

This was a disaster. I was interested what this would do to my hair in terms of texture and styling and I was left not only disappointed but annoyed.
It left greasy streaks in my hair, did nothing for texture, volume or style.

Was not expecting what is essentially a salt spray to be greasy.

In fact, it was so greasy and yucky that I had to wash it again and do an oil treatment to counteract the fact I had to wash it twice in one day.

It's possible it may work on other hair types but if you have hair like mine, best to stay away. Or if you must try it, get the small size first or ask a friend to let you use theirs once or twice!

Will definitely not repurchase!

on 10/7/2016 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This product just made my hair look & feel greasy

I love this product! I used it in conjunction with the surf shampoo and conditioner, towel dried and 80% dried my hair with my hair dryer. I then sprayed this through my hair and combed through before slinging it into a bun yesterday morning. Slept all night with it in and then removed this morning.

I just ran my hands through, sprayed a little more as a scrunched and then sprayed with some hairspray and I can honestly say it looks like I've spent an afternoon at the beach!

I have straight hair that looks fine but my hairdresser says I have loads of it so maybe that makes the difference? Will definitely repurchase once I run out!

on 5/10/2016 11:12:00 PM

Made my hair look dry and crusty,

HAVE FINE, THIN, VOLUME-CHALLENGED HAIR? SOMETIMES WORRIED THAT YOU'RE BALDING???? (or, if you're REALLY lucky, you have alopecia areata like me and are *actually* balding...)

This product is a game-changer for me! I simply work several pumps of this product through towel-dried hair from roots to ends, put my hair up in a big bun when it's 80-90% dry, sleep, and when I wake up in the morning....I have HAIR! And VOLUME! I then like to use a texturizing spray (Garnier, Umberto, and Oribe are ones I've tried and liked) both under my roots for extra volume and on the length for light hold.

This is seriously the best volumizer/thickener I've ever used, even though it's not marketed as one. I've found that as a fine-hair, oily-scalp gal, most volumizing and thickening products tend to weigh my hair down and sometimes even contribute to the oily scalp. Since salt is naturally drying, it works in favor of my hair type. I've even used it to blow dry my hair straight and it's worked beautifully.

This is the first sea salt spray that I've used, so I can't say that it outperforms others. It does feel a little ridiculous to pay $27 for little more than Epsom salt and water but honestly, if I can't find a comparable product, I'm happy to pony up the money. When your strands are jumping ship for autoimmune or other reasons, it seems a small amount to pay to regain self-esteem and for your "crown" to be restored to its former glory.

Hope this helped!