Isadora Quartet Eye Shadow

Isadora Quartet Eye Shadow

3.6

I bought this cheap on a big sale, and looking for purple eye-shadows I was so happy to find these.

But no, they won't last long. Staying power is weak.

on 12/12/2013 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Overall these eyeshadows are really high quality and really affordable. Of course there are some mishaps with crumbling mattes and extreme fall out glitters, but mostly all of them are hits.

Since you get 4 great shadows for under 200 SEK its i great deal, and often you can really change up the looks within the palettes. Its not like one look per palette.

I have about 4-5 of these quartettes and the only thing i would really change is the packaging, it feels and looks cheap. Instead of the see-through plastic lid they could make it all black, a bit heavier and then it would feel like "more" than it does now.

To Read all 33 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/25/2013 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have the Gold Quartet, the 63 Brown Patina. It's a long-wearing, sparkly golden treasure which offers amazing colour combinations, especially for mediterrenean skin tones.

My aunt gave me this as a present, and I love love love it!
I have 37 Crystal Mauve --
I love the frosty light pink, and dark silky mauve, and the silvery grey with glitters, and the dark charcoal grey/black(?) with equally pretty glitters. It's great for smoky eye look! Or for softening really intense black eyeliner. I also often use the dark mauve shade just to line my eyes on regular days, coupled with mascara.

I love the silkiness of these the most~

My favorite eyeshadow palette! The colours are beautiful and blend in together perfectly. But, you do need a primer to make it last all day! I use Make Up Store's high tech lighter platina as a primer and it makes my shadow not only last all day but it also makes the colour more intense! My favorite quartets are "Pearls", "Chrystal Mauve" and "Mauve delight", they all fit my green eyes :)

My best friend, I have been using this eye shadow since... always. I've got 21 Silvery Grey :)

on 12/16/2009 6:38:00 PM

I love love love this product, can't get enough of it. Purchased two quartets today, adding to my other two. LOVES IT. this is gonna be a rather long one because i have got to write my opinion about this wonderful product that not too many people seem to be enchanted with...i think it's not fair these eyeshadows are not more popular. they're fantastic!!
purchased the Gold (i think is number 21 or 23 or so) and 20 Classic Brown. Classic Brown is my forever staple, been looking for something like that since ages...

Basically i only use browns, creams, beiges and golds for my eye makeup. I rarely, like once or twice a year, use blue or green, pink or so, but only if i am wearing a colorful outfit or going to a wedding, ball, stuff like that. I find it amazing the galore of YouTube videos with incredibly talented girls playing with colors, 'smoking up' their eyelids in the most amazing and colorful combinations...but unfortunately i never felt comfortable with a different color than brown (all its ranges), or felt that other color looked as good as brown on me. Maybe it's just my opinion, but that's that.

If you're on a budget and looking for matte eyeshadows, well that's gonna be a hard one and i think everybody knows it. almost all the cheapo eyeshadows, including L'oreal and Max Factor,Maybelline and such (remember my thesis according to which drugstore products are much more expensive in europe than in the US), are shiny/glittery/shimmery. It is super hard to blend them, not to mention the effect, drag queen all the way, not to mention that under no circumstances you can use one of those eyeshadows as eyebrow color, for example, etc. you know what i mean...

so before finding this eyeshadow i never thought a relatively cheap brand can come up with such gorgeous colors, MATTE, but really matte, blendable like crazy, PIGMENTED and everything....

warning: some of my pros and cons might seem a bit...stupid to you, lol, but for me, each point is a big thing because i am a rather clumsy person when it comes to handling things, i am picky and have these weird preferences. this is just my opinion so feel free to make fun of me:)

so here it goes:

PROS:
-the case is NOT the best case ever, it is actually thick and doesn't have a mirror. BUT the quads are big and you'll notice that it's less likely to get a 'hole' inside the pan once you've started hitting it. because the squares are a bit larger than in other cases it is easier to pick the product from all the angles of the pan. maybe that's not a big thing for everyone but for me it's a definite issue since i tend to drop all my makeup stuff a lot, and when it's hitting pan the center of the case gets slimmer thus more prone to breakage.about this...
-they never break, or i dunno, maybe it takes a hammer to break them into pieces lol. i've dropped mine for a hundred times so far, NOTHING, not a single particle got out of the case. the lid also resisted. cool! and even if you drop water or something like that it won't get in, the lid is fantastic.
-the sponge applicators they come with- the little double-edged sponge might seem useless but it is oval, a bit pointy, not rounded like in other sponge applicators, and if you take a close look, you'll notice it's not made of the classic cheapo sponge but of the same material separated applicators are made of- latex. this is what mine are made of at least, and i'm telling you, i'm happy i got myself 4 of those latex applicators now, no need to buy a new one for 50 swedish crowns (5 euros).
- creamy consistency, at the first look. the matte ones look fantastic and ARE creamy actually, an extremely fine powder that only the Chanel eyeshadows have (in my opinion), and the shimmery one are not tacky-shimmery like the other cheapos but have small glitter particles. and i mean really small, blends in very well with every makeup style and complexion tone
- the colors are vibrant, they will transfer on the skin 99% identical to what you see in the case.
-very pigmented. amazingly pigmented for a cheap eyeshadow (sorry for repeating but i am really surprised).
-the colors are very natural. it is very difficult to find a true brown with no red undertones, and when i found it, i fell in love forever. it is the one in the Classic Brown quartet, the darkest, bottom left side of the case. i use it combined with other darker eyeshadows for creating super smokiness, or by itself for a more natural makeup, or even for my eyebrows. it is just perfect.
-extremely buildable, you will have virtually no fall outs on the cheeks because of their creaminess. can add up to 3 layers, even 4.
-doesn't crease for around 5-6 hours without eyeshadow primer and 10-12 with it. tested while clubbing, thus dancing and sweating, and some secsy moments:), when we all ladies know how bad our makeup goes...
-the colors are very easy to work with and their undertones are so similar you can combine the shadows as you please and it will always look fantastic.

CONS:
-does't have a mirror or a pretty case
-it is not cheapo here in sweden (130 crowns i think, 13 euros...)

all in all, it is a fantastic product that i will always consider a staple. can't believe i lived without this product before....the perfect drugstore brown.

sorry for being erratic but I am sorry i haven't written about this before, i think it is truly amazing.

on 9/15/2009 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I was so excited when I bought this in 37 Crystal Mauve... But it's not that pigmented actually, it flakes off..especially the shimmery colors. The colors blend beautifully but it's not enough for me.

on 11/8/2008 6:56:00 AM

I bought this today in Purple deluxe.

It has one shimmery white shadow, one medium-mauve, one more purplish mediumtoned and the last one is a dark mauve. All the shadows are pretty pigmented and also pretty for that matter. :) Especially the white one is very creamy and nice.

It shows up great on me and what more can I say really? Go out and get yourself one! ;)

on 2/24/2008 5:27:00 AM

The Isadora e/s I bought were the envy of my college roomies. Very creamy and highly-pigmented, I found the quality similar to Shiseido e/s. Plus, the color selection is perfect.