4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

17 years ago

Pros: SPF.32 That's great for the summer. The compact is cute--turquoise with a yellow button, a separate compartment for the sponge. And there are refills from neobeauty.com, fyi. Cons: A bit expensive ($28 US and $22 for the refill.) It does last, however. And the colors--there are only 5 shades and they all look a bit "off" --darker in the pan. You need to use a light hand and re-apply if you perspire or swim. The more I use it, however, the more I like it. Takes down that summer shine and keeps the SPF up.

About reviewer (402 reviews)

Age

HairBrown

EyesHazel

17 years ago

After my light and senstive skin got sunburned, I realized that I needed more protection than my moisturizer with SPF 15 could give me, especially on bright, sunny days. I was matched up to the lightest shade, SB1, at the Shiseido counter. The powder looks darker in the pan, but when applied, it is a lot lighter so I strongly suggest that you get colour matched at the counter. I paid $39 Canadian which is pricey but well worth it. I apply it with a dampened sponge and it leaves my skin matte and even.

About reviewer (156 reviews)

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

3.0

17 years ago

I used this product last summer and liked it, but I have decided that I prefer the Neutrogena SBF 30 Healthy Defense Powder in Light. The Shiseido powder is a bit too deep or orangey, and also too cakey for my skin. I find the Neutrogena looks more natural and can be reapplied during the day. If you do use the Shiseido one, I recommend that you ditch the sponge it comes with, and instead use clean cotton balls, which apply it more smoothly.

About reviewer (352 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Other, Cool

HairBlond, Other, Fine

EyesBlue

17 years ago

I used this while I was onm Retin-A, since you need to use sunscreen. This powder has a medium coverage, and wears pretty well. What I didn't like was there were no real color match for me. If they had more colors, I would buy it again for the summer. I think its better than wearing traditional sunscreen since my face is oily and breakout prone.

About reviewer (225 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBrunette

2.0

17 years ago

No, this wasn't a wise buy at all!!! After just one day, my skin reddened and this make up succeeded in what no other has managed before - it made me look greasy, like an oilslick. terrible. unless you have extremely dry skin, stay away. the spf is great and it's very easy to use, but the result is less than mediocre.

About reviewer (94 reviews)

Age25-29

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

17 years ago

I use this on every Sat and Sun for convenience, where I will be running around with my children on swimming classes, etc. in the morning, and then in the afternoon, proceed directly to the golf course for a short 9 hole golf game - without needing to remove my morning makeup and worrying about additional sunblock. Interestinly, when first applied. the powder certainly looks very heavy and the colour doesn't look natural but after about half an hour, probably due to oxidisation, my powdered face looks glowy with a slight sheen! Overall, a very convenient product to use and the best part - giving me sun protection on top of a flawless coverage for sports.

About reviewer (151 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

17 years ago

This is one of my favourite 2 in 1 cake. Compared to the one in Laura Mercier, I love LM much better when talk about texture, but I still love its perfect matching color and its SPF 32. I found that this compact gives me reasonale coverage in summer. (I can only use 2 in 1 cake in summer) It doesn't cause any irritation to my sensitive skin. I even look great in photos in my bad skin day too. Honestly, if I have time, I truly prefer using liquid foundation and press powder. However, if I am in a rush, this 2 in 1 cake still gets the job done decently. I love it and highly recommend to those who have oily skin.

About reviewer (158 reviews)

HairBlack

18 years ago

This stuff is pretty good for $28.00! I bought it because I'm going camping and needed a higher SPF than 15 or 20. I feel super protected since this has an SPF of 32 and I'm going to be wearing it over the Shiseido Translucent sunblock stick. I have very dry skin and had some flakiness around my nose, but this can be prevented by using a moisturizer in the dry areas prior to applying the foundation. It provides excellent matte coverage and the color is not bad though I would prefer a little more yellow in my foundation (I chose the SB2 foundation and normally wear LM Nude or Warm Ivory, BE #2, Becca Camel LSC). All in all it is a very convenient quality product with nice packaging that I would definitely purchase again.

About reviewer (451 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

18 years ago

I love the packaging & the usual colors of this compact - turquoise with orange accent. There's a separate compartment for the applicator so your powder stays clean. I don't like how the sponge works, seems like I'm not really depositing the powder, rather I'm wiping off what's already on my face (I've only tried this dry, & have never used it wet). A little dusting of this with a brush gives good coverage & really evens out my complexion & it's long-lasting. The added spf protection on top of my lotion sunblock is extra insurance. The drawback is that it does emphasize any flakiness you have. Even though there's oil in the ingredients list it hasn't caused any breakouts. It also looks a lot darker than it applies, I'm guessing it's the titanium dioxide. This powder makes my complexion look smooth & polished in an instant! Would highly recommend this if you're not prone to flakiness.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBrown

3.0

18 years ago

Pretty good stuff. The coverage is medium and it can get cakey but only if you use a heavy hand. I like this better than their regular wet/dry formula. Shiseido colors don't seem to work well for me though, it makes me look ashy. It's like Shiseido wants everyone to look like a doll. You can tell by the look of their models, very made-up. It's one of the best I've tried so far though.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

Age30-35