4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

12 years ago

I used this compact for many years. I always hated the feel of liquid foundation on my face and I really liked that this foundation was in pressed powder form that is convenient for carrying around with you (though I didn't love the bright blue colour of the compact), provided great coverage and had high spf. I found a great colour match too. The reason I stopped using it is that I prefer a more natural look now, with sheer coverage and glowy finish that mineral makeup provides. If you like a pressed powder foundation with great matte coverage and high spf, this is a great product to try. Just don't put on too much or else it looks cakey.

About reviewer (52 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair

12 years ago

LOVE it! We recently went to Cancun, and I brought this along. I was worried about the actual protection this would provide, because I burn very easily and do not want to burn. I have VERY fair skin (MAC NC15-20) and decided to give it a shot. So, I wore it only on my forehead, and my regular sunscreen on the rest of my face. I checked out my skin that night, while washing off the powder, and it wasn't burned in the least. The powder actually works to protect against sun! AND it provided great coverage and a soft matte finish. This is probably the greatest powder foundation I've ever used. Foundation and sunscreen in one swift sweep of my brush. I love it! I hate the blue compact, so I stopped at Sephora and bought the brown one instead. Much more discreet and polished looking than the blue one ;p As long as I get Sun Block powder, though, I could care less what kind of compact it come in! Do try!

About reviewer (154 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

from

12 years ago

I've been using this product for 10 years and have not come across anything better. I especially recommend it for skin with yellow undertones. It goes on great (I use a powder brush over the compact instead of the sponge it comes with) and stays on all day and into the evening. I especially love that it includes sun protection, although its not enough to use this in place of a regular sunscreen. Also, I recommend saving some money and just buying the plastic refill. The tacky blue compact case always breaks before I finish up the product.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

SkinOily, Other

13 years ago

What a great powder compact. Would buy again and again. Covers great and looks great over my foundation also.

About reviewer (317 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlond

13 years ago

This stuff does what it claims. Keeps even my oily skin matte. Works great wet or dry. I am going to order more because the color I got is too light, but even it works pretty good. Great product!

About reviewer (61 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone

HairBlond

13 years ago

extremely velvety, finely milled powder. feels like butter! I use SBI (old coloring) and SP30 (new coloring). Instantly mattifies and makes my skin feel so smooth! may be drying, but this will work great with my skin in the summer. I also like the sponge it comes with...I don't really like the sponges that come with the other shiseido compacts ie. the makeup compact foundation. but this one picks up the powder better and doesn't crust. Bought this off ebay with a refill for really cheap and already thinking about buying more! it's just that good!

About reviewer (74 reviews)

SkinNormal

13 years ago

Yes!!!! Finally my HG compact foundation. Clinique superfit used to be my HG compact until I started breaking out of it after my 5th bottle. I still use my clinique on special occasion, but THIS foundation is fantastic!!! I'm currently using SP40 which is quite too light for me, but I'm happily to add bronzer on top of it. I use this daily with wet sponge, it gives you that natural finish. Its sweat and water resistant which is great for going on holiday at the beach and still able to wear this foundation as it gives you that SPF30+ factor in it. After application with wet sponge, i use my big makeup brush and dust benefit "get even in 03" on top of it. I love it!!! Definately recommen it for everyone. Ps: you might consider Shiseido cleansing oil at night time when you remove your makeup.

About reviewer (181 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

EyesBlack

14 years ago

Reading the comments I just have to wonder: who did they intend this product for as it seems like most of us can't find the right shade! Same problem for me. I would imagine that being Asian, and Shiseido an Asian brand, I would easily find the perfect match. Not so, it's either too much pink or too yellow. I love the product itself. I use it mostly for the summer as it is more expensive, but I love the high SPF and the fact that it offers heavy coverage for my freckles with just a thin layer.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinNormal

HairBrown

2.0
from

14 years ago

My sister faithfully uses this product so I gave it a try. As the poster below says, it was difficult to find the one which perfectly matches to my skin tone, too. Then, I had an allergic reaction after 20 minutes of wearing it (I have combo & sensitive skin). I had to return it the next day.

About reviewer (110 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

3.0

14 years ago

Was supposed to get the Lifting Foundation but was dissuaded by the MA and made me try the illluminating powder compact and this. Since this had an ultra-high SPF, I got it instead. It looked okay inside the department store...I got the S10 (?) but now I find, although the texture is good, that I didn't get the exact right shade. Come to think of it, the shades I saw in the display were all too dark for my NC20-30 complexion. I'm a Laura Mercier TM Nude. I layer this under translucent powder or lighter shade to get it right. I wish I listened to my instincts and got a liquid foundation instead. This can be too matte and powdery for my taste. :P Not too happy with this purchase but I'm making do with it. Maybe I'll get a lighter shade next time--if there is one.

About reviewer (134 reviews)

Age30-35