4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

9 years ago

SP40 is a good match for NC25 and the powder foundation looks good when first applied but on me there is NO OIL CONTROL whatsoever. I look shiny within 20 minutes and that's not what I expected from powder foundation so I will be returning this to Nordies. For me, Merle Norman Luxiva powder foundation works 1 times better, and even NYX Twin Cake has better oil control. Still waiting to receive my Mark Powder Buff in the mail for comparison but other then the awesome SPF, this did not cut if for me. By they way, I put the NYX twin cake in the Shiseido case and it fits perfectly so at least the case is a keeper.

About reviewer (78 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrunette

9 years ago

I had never purchased anything from Shiseido until this. I'm really impressed with this foundation/face powder. It gives light/medium coverage (you can build it up if you want), has SPF and doesn't make me break out. Match made in heaven. I LOVE it.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Medium

HairBrown

from

10 years ago

i absolutely love this. been using this for about a month now, and i can honestly say that it's perfect for me. so my skin type: EXTREMELY oily t-zone and normal cheeks. i have found that this is the best foundation for my oily parts, it controls the oil better than my previous powder foundation. the thing i like best, however, is its amazing staying power. it lasts and lasts throughout the entire day, not to mention SPF 30+. although it may look a tad powdery when i first apply it, after half an hour or so (when my skin has produced a little bit of oil), it looks totally natural. excellent coverage, too. HG for sure.

About reviewer (170 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan

HairBlack

EyesBlack

10 years ago

Great compact for the summer time! Ive had my case (the teal and orange) since i was 18 (im 28 now) and it is still in good condition. Ive been getting refills every summer. there a lot of product, and it lasts long compared to my other compacts (i pack on alot), And the color is great if you want that tan look and protection from the sun. The trick is, You have to get the right color. If you dont, youll end up looking darkEr or oompa loompa orange.

About reviewer (47 reviews)

SkinOther, Tan, Cool

HairOther, Wavy, Medium

10 years ago

i've never been in love with a foundation before, none have ever thrilled me, but this one excites me. i've tried many drugstore and mid-range department store brands. Vincent Longo, laura mercier, Prescriptives, Revlon's Age Defying, and Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse all stand out as ones i haven't hated. i was skeptical that a powder could provide good coverage without looking chalky since i have been disappointed by them in the past. i apply this with the NARS #19 brush for the fastest application ever. i use shade 30 and it really seems to disappear into my skin undetectable and be layered for moderate coverage. i can apply it over primer and creme concealers or apply liquid highlighters on top of it without it affecting the color or consistency of the other products. my skin is extremely oily so i use lots of blotting papers (E.L.F. Blotting Sheets are my current fave.) and need touch-ups throughout the day (or evening). it doesn't seem to settle into lines, but i'd recommend diligent exfoliation and moisturizer for drier skins because it magnifies flakes and the dryness i sometimes experience because of glycolics or retinols. i'm very happy with this purchase.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

10 years ago

Right now I'm just commenting on the finish & the color match. I will update accordingly about performance and whether it causes and skin sensitivity or breakouts after trialing it for longer. <br><br> Color: SP20 (SP10 is of the same shade, but with a much pinker tone) is a perfect match for my MAC NC 20 skin. It did highlight my flaky areas at first though it's set in now. It has a natural/matte finish. <br><br> Case: it's $10CND for the case, I bought the Sun Block Compact as I thought it was watertight however upon inspecting it the sides where the sponge sits are open so it's definitely not. I wish I had bought the Powdery Foundation compact now as it's tortoise shell finish is much classier then the teal & orange on this one. Nonetheless, it's a pretty sturdy compact thus far, will update if I note any problems. <br><br>*EDITED TO ADD** I find this tends to oxidize & makes me look a bit like an oompa loompa later in the day.

About reviewer (156 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Other

10 years ago

LOVE LOVE LOVE! Gives me perfect and flawless coverage. Best of all it protects me from the sun!

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinDry

HairBlack

from

10 years ago

This product is discontinued I think. :( Can't find it anywhere.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

11 years ago

I tried this after reading several reviews on this site. I was looking for something with SPF that would even out my skin tone. I can`t stand the feeling of thick foundation, and alot of products with SPF make me break out, so I was thrilled to find this powder. The lady at the Shiseido counter encouraged me to try different shades and go outside with a mirror to find my best match. Together we picked a shade, I brought it home, and have been using ever day since! Does a very good evening out my skin tone, and knowing I have SPF 35 on makes me feel good. My skin is combination, I havent had any breakouts or dryness from this product. This compact seems to be marketed as a summer product, but I will continue to use in the winter, with a thicker moisturizer. I even use it on my eyelids and around my eyes, applied with a cosmetic wedge. ( I need to point out that I don`t have sensitive skin). I find that I get the most natural and long lasting coverage, when I spray a light mist of mineral on face after applying. To sum up: good coverage - for uneven skintone and dark circles et any rate easy to apply and blend nice texture, especially if you don't like the feeling of heavy makeup for longest coverage, spritz with mineral water after applying (probably applies to most makeup!) This is my first makeup review, thanks for your patience!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

11 years ago

I liked the way this went on--very smooth and good coverage. The packaging wasn't too bad. But it was too dark. I have very fair skin (Bobbi Brown Porcelain or Alabaster, MAC NC20). Although it did go on much lighter than appeared in the compact, it was too yellowed toned. This would probably be perfect for fair Asian skin.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm