NUXE Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey

NUXE Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey
Nuxe Reve de MielNuxe Reve de MielReve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey

4.1

Beeswax, Vegetable Oil, Lecithin, Behenoxy Dimethicone, Sweet Almond Oil, Shea Butter Extract, Mel/Honey, Shea Butter, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Grapefruit Peel Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Soybean Oil, Rosa Moschata Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Lemon Peel Oil, Euphorbia Cerifolia Wax, Candelilla Wax, Allantoin, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, BHT, Citric Acid, Citral, Limonene, Linalool

on 4/21/2019 1:40:00 PM

This is one of the best lip balms I've used and I did try quite a few. The only minus I can think of is the packaging, as it comes in a jar but I mostly use it in the evening, after I am done with my PM routine, hands clean and all :)
It's a lovely product, it had a nice smell, it feels great on the lips ans it does the job, as it is quite thick and hydrating.

on 4/15/2019 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The best lipbalm I ever used. Very tick, I use at night before bed. With this my lips never got hurt again, even in winter.

I can see why this lip balm has become such a cult fave. Not long after getting my first pot, I was buying a second to keep on my desk at work. The texture is pretty unusual for a balm and feels thick without being sticky. It feels a bit like a paste when you initially apply, but it sort of melts on the warmth of your lips. The balm is quite tenacious - it actually feels almost more like a lip mask than a balm. If you put on a good layer just before bed, you can still feel it a little in the morning. I love this quality in a bedside table lip balm because it really works overnight, and during the day I don't have to reapply as frequently. The best way I could describe the feeling is it's like it's hugging your lips.

I've heard it said that people find this balm plumps their lips, and I'd have to agree. This is what convinces me above all that it's working hard, if my lips are so moisturized by regular use that they plump up.

The packaging is quite nice, too. I like the pleasantly heavy (for a lip balm) glass container and brown top. It makes it convenient for the nightstand and desk, and when I toss it in my bag, it's easy to feel around for.

Nuxe, you would simply knock it out of the park if you made a lightly tinted pink or red version of this.

on 2/27/2019 6:57:00 PM

This lip balm is very unique. It isnt glossy or have any shine but so moisturizing its insane. Ive never come across a lip conditioner like this. I put this on after i cleanse my face, basically my moisturizing step followed by face cream. It preps my lips for whatever lip products i am about to use and its the perfect base. It has a light smell, nothing offensive. i noticed my streakier lip products go on very smooth and non patchy when i use this. I got this on a website where they had 15% off so it was around 11 dollars usd. For such a big pot, i think its so worth it! also ive heard the stick form isnt the same so get the pot.

Edit- been putting this on and using a qtip to rub it off to exfoliate my lips. It is a drier formula so if your lips are already chapped itd be a bit dry. I wouldnt repurchase. I much prefer Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask!

on 2/24/2019 11:25:00 PM

This is one product thats got me keep coming back. However, having gone through about 4 of these, every single time the lid has broken because I had dropped it. I thought great, my bad. I recently purchased a new one (with the new packaging) and was excited cause it looked like plastic. The next day, I dropped it in my washroom (from the bottom cabinet less than 10cm to the floor) and it had broke. Seeing how it's a $20 lip balm I want to salvage as much as I can but it's just ridiculous since it dries out and just gets dirty. I won't be repurchasing anymore.

Please, just make the lid plastic or something more durable.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Another classic product it took me years to get around to trying! This lip balm is lovely. It smells like honey and sweet oranges and is super thick and moisturizing. There is a slight graininess due to the beeswax, but this disappears as the balm melts with your body heat. Because of the jar packaging, I kept it on my nightstand to use with clean hands right before bed. I know some people like this under lipstick because it's not too shiny/slippery, and I get that, but I like it best as a nighttime barrier anyway. Used that way, the jar lasted me quite a while. I got mine in Europe, where it's easier to find as well as cheaper, and will repurchase on my next trip.

on 1/27/2019 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I enjoy this lip balm. It has a waxy formula so it can be applied under lipstick. I wouldn’t wear this balm at night as I prefer a more pretoleum based balm before bed. I won’t need to repurchase anytime soon as a little goes a long way!

i honestly bought this because of the cute glass jar but the product itself is the absolute worst lip balm i have ever used. it's too thick and actually makes lips even more dry and chapped. I really wanted it to work because it was expensive for a lip balm but every time i apply my lips end up looking much worse as soon as it wears off. even when it's freshly applied it still makes lips look weird and not at all soft and hydrated. literally any other lip balm that i have ever had has worked better than this

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This is The Best lip balm of all time in my opinion! My lips get so dry so quickly, despite me drinking tons of water and refrain from licking them. I have tried a lot of lip balms, some were really good, some made the problem worse. I decided to give this a try because of the rave reviews. The price put me off a little bit but the first time I got it 30% off. It has a very luxurious packaging, very elegant, it's a heavy glass gar that you have to be careful when you carry it around.
The smell is amazing, it smells of oranges, very sweet oranges and a bit of honey. The first time I got the old formulation. The texture was thick and a bit grainy so you had to warm it up on your finger a little bit. Now, the new formulation smells even more orangey, has a slightly thinner texture and I personally like the dark brown lid more, it's much more elegant.
The result though is exactly the same. It deeply moisturizes my lips and it's amazing at healing them when they're chapped. With this, I don't need to reapply every 15 minutes, I can go for hours without having anything on my lips because my dearest Reve de Miel had nourished them before, therefore my lips are nice and soft.
If you find the texture hard to work with, and it is in the winter, what I like to do is put it in the pocket of my robe and while I do my skincare routine this warms up nicely and turns into a more oily texture. I then apply it to my lips more easily. Also, the old formula gave you a matte result, the new one is more shiny.
Be careful because I accidentally dropped my first jar and the lid broke.

on 1/10/2019 8:22:00 PM

I’ve been using this lip balm religiously for almost 10 years, it’s never let me down. Have a jar in my purse that I dip into once or twice throughout the day, and a jar on my nightstand, it’s my last ritual of the evening before bedtime, and always ensure I wake up with soft hydrated lips. After using it for so many years it thrills me that it’s still as effective as it was the first time I used it.