NUXE Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils

NUXE Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils
Nuxe Reve de MielNuxe Reve de Miel

4.1

Beeswax, Vegetable Oil, Lecithin, Behenoxy Dimethicone, Sweet Almond Oil, Shea Butter Extract, Mel/Honey, Shea Butter, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Grapefruit Peel Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Soybean Oil, Rosa Moschata Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Lemon Peel Oil, Euphorbia Cerifolia Wax, Candelilla Wax, Allantoin, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, BHT, Citric Acid, Citral, Limonene, Linalool

on 1/10/2019 8:22:00 PM

I’ve been using this lip balm religiously for almost 10 years, it’s never let me down. Have a jar in my purse that I dip into once or twice throughout the day, and a jar on my nightstand, it’s my last ritual of the evening before bedtime, and always ensure I wake up with soft hydrated lips. After using it for so many years it thrills me that it’s still as effective as it was the first time I used it.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

eh. i’d be happy to find it since it was exorbitantly expensive and looks v classy on my nightstand. but i have an arsenal of chapsticks that are better suited to actually work, not just look cute.

on 12/24/2018 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

My lips have always been dry even I live in the humid tropics. I drink plenty of water. Always. Water is my go to beverage. Vaseline,Badger,SebaMed, EMC, papaw, squalene, HA, nothing works like this one. Everything has to be oily and just sits on top of my lips. Never really absorps into my lips unless I put it on right after I shower. Which is hard to do because that's skincare's spot.

So after a long time of desperation and being on Retinoid and AHA, my lips start drying out like crazy. I had to do something, and a friend recommended me this. A while later, whilst strolling in the drugstore an SA showed me this. I obliged and what a great decission I made.

It is soft and balmy, lives up to the name. It *absorps* into my lips and doesnt make me look like I just gobble a pound of cooking oil. It leaves my lips matte and yet soft. The dry parts/layer fall off gently, and is substituted with a soft, plump lips. This happens within 4 hours; and after that, i had to reapply but it lasts longer.

Of course i had to reapply after that but I dont mind at all. Glad i picked this one instead of the stick variant. This lip balm does the job. It's quite pricey for its kind but i dont mind as long as it gets the job done.

on 11/20/2018 5:00:00 AM

This lip balm is amazing! I love using it, especially during winter when my lips are dry and chapped.

There are plenty of cheaper lip balms made with beeswax, but none that I have found which provide enough moisture. This one has got quite a thick, waxy texture so I usually use it at night. However, I haven't had any issues when using it and applying lipstick over the top.

My only concern is that it does not contain SPF; I prefer to use the Piz Buin Moisturising Sun Lipstick SPF 30 during the day. This also allows me to save on the Nuxe, as it's quite pricey.

on 11/16/2018 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Because of the rave reviews, I bought one on sale at the Shoppers (12$CAD, regular price around 17$ for 15g). The texture is thick and almost gritty, pleasant smell (slightly lemony). I enjoy this product but having tried Aquaphor and Blistex Medex, 2 best lip balms of all time according to me (Carmex, Rosebud Salve did nothing for me), this one comes across as alright. I do feel that it is just a little less moisturizing than Aquaphor or Blistex, it does slightly dry up my lips after few hours. I will not repurchase because of the packaging (dipping my finger in the pot is simply annoying).

on 10/6/2018 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wonderful product! I got this in France after reading the reviews and I’m so happy for its multiple use! First the non-slippery lip balm makes the lip products go on beautifully. And my lips feel moisturized for a long time. Other uses I happen to find are (I was out of products and thought I’d try it instead) mosquito bites and chafing (like sand burns my son gets in his swimming trunks). It maybe the propolis or the beeswax ingredient but keeps the area totally waterproofed. My friends are also hooked now. I love this product and will never be without it.

on 9/20/2018 3:08:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I’ve loved Nuxe oil for a long time and recently received a gift set which included the Nuxe lip balm. I’m of the opinion that you can never have enough lip balm. This one is truly indulgent, very rich consistency with a fantastic smell and very moisturising. I can see this becoming a real favourite!

on 8/20/2018 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

In the minority here - I just don't get the love for this stuff. It's exceedingly average to me. Doesn't moisturize all that well, and doesn't last on me. I much prefer straight out lanolin. It works like a balm is supposed to work, imo. This is just... average, but overpriced average. I'll use it during these warmer months when I can get away with it, but come October or thereabouts, it's going to retire til spring. Don't hate it; just don't love it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I think I may have found my new HG lip balm! Not only does this moisturize and help keep chapping at bay, it also leaves my lips looking more naturally pink then usual (possibly due to the lemon oil in it I'm guessing?). As a person very much into natural products this is right up my street with its fab ingredients list. Love the light orange-y/honey fragrance and the cute, elegant jar it comes in, also the fact that despite its thickness it leaves my lips nice and matte, and not oily looking.

I use a small spatula to scoop it out, as I do with any facial care products that come in a jar, because I don't find jar packaging's all that sanitary. I can't vouch for how effective it is in colder climates as not tried there yet, but for the south U.S where I live, this is suiting me just perfectly.

When purchasing this be sure to check for expiry date as these don't have such a long shelf life. Also best to use them up soon as you can as I find the balm tends to turn slightly gritty after a few months and therefore a bit trickier to apply as have to wipe the 'bits' off with a tissue.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~
(As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 8/11/2018 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This balm is a bit strange to me. It's on the waxy side, it doesn't have much slip to it. It feels okay. Really not all that emollient which I had never felt in a balm before. I found it didn't necessarily dry out my lips, but aside from some light hydration it didn't adequately provide any moisturization either. I think I could feel the very top layers of my lips begin to peel/flake the next morning after wearing it overnight.

I guess from this balm I have learned that waxy balms do not do anything for me, and I ended up throwing this way after using less than a third of it. By no means is this the worst balm I've ever used, but it did feel like a rather useless one, especially for the price. I did think it made a nice base for lipstick as it did give some light hydration and lip products going on over top would kind of stick to it.

If you are someone like me who has extremely dry, flaky, and cracked lips who more often than not feels as though lip balms are drying out their lips further, I would give this one a pass.