Nuxe Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils

Nuxe Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils
Nuxe Reve de MielNuxe Reve de Miel

4.1

Beeswax, Vegetable Oil, Lecithin, Behenoxy Dimethicone, Sweet Almond Oil, Shea Butter Extract, Mel/Honey, Shea Butter, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Grapefruit Peel Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Soybean Oil, Rosa Moschata Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Lemon Peel Oil, Euphorbia Cerifolia Wax, Candelilla Wax, Allantoin, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, BHT, Citric Acid, Citral, Limonene, Linalool

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I’m so disappointed in this product- I feel like part of my disappointment might be because I was expecting so much more, but it still is just such a ‘standard’ product, or worse.

The packaging is nice if you don’t mind pots (sturdy, heavy, frosted glass), and it has a somewhat potent orange scent. Texture-wise, it’s a very thick, heavy product.

In terms of what it actually did for my lips, it worked fine as a kind of barrier, but I don’t feel it did anything at all in terms of hydrating or moisturising my lips. It also left what felt like an almost powdery residue. It’s by no means a horrendous product, and I’ll use it all up, but I really wouldn’t buy it again. It cost £10, and I’ve had lip balms I far prefer from Yes To for £4

on 5/11/2018 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have a new favourite lip balm. This stuff is gorgeous - great smell, texture and leaves lips super soft and plump

This is actually the worst lip balm ever, it is not moisturizing at all !! It doesn’t penetrate your lips, it just stays on top making them feel sticky and uncomfortable until you drink something and it completely transfers leaving your lips drier than ever, I tried using it as a night lip mask but I woke up in the morning with dry, chapped lips, it’s not good for anything and can we talk about the price ?? A lip balm that expensive should not only do the basic job of moisturizing but also make my lips more plumped and full and get rid of the wrinkles caused by dryness!!! Definitely not gonna purchase it again.

on 3/26/2018 5:29:00 PM

???? Confused as to why this has such amazing reviews. Yes, the packaging is pretty, and it's an fancy french pharmacy brand... but.... sorry to burst anyone's bubble. This kind of sucks. It feels heavy, gritty, and thick... like play-do on my lips or something. It's just not moisturizing at all.. Skip this one.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had the absolute worst experience with this balm. I should have known better. I love Nuxe body oils but this product did not help my chapped lips, in fact it made them worse. The only benefit I can credit this balm with is making me realize I am allergic to beeswax products. I tried and tried to make it work for me but fighting against an allergy/interolance is an uphill battle. It left my lips chapped, raw, and with a bumpy/gritty texture. I spend money on lip fillers to make my lips look beautiful, but this balm made them look like I had a skin disorder.
Needless to say it was in the trash a week later.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I hate to say it, but yeah, this product is all hype. As a lip balm it's fine. I like it for the daytime because it has a matte finish and can go atop lipliner for a comfortable, shine free wear. The staying power is pretty good, but like all lip balms, it does transfer, so don't expect to eat a meal and kiss your spouse and still have anything left on your lips. It's very thick and emollient so it will function well as a lip protectant, but for something protective it ought to have SPF. As an aside, I have also tried the stick version and I actually prefer it - while not as thick and emollient, I find it more hydrating, and it's certainly more travel friendly. It also costs less. Ultimately, it depends on your needs: if you like something thick and waxy to coat your lips and prevent moisture loss, you might really like this. If you're looking for hydration or something to really treat your lips, skip this and get the Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask. I will keep it and continue to use it, but I wouldn't buy it again if I ran out or lost the jar.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I hate to give this a terrible score, given all the reviews and the recommendations for this. I'm unfortunately one of the (rare?) few that the balm did not work for.

I purchased this as an alternative to my old lip mask stores in my area stopped stocking it, hoping that it would at least do something for my dry or chapped lips. First thing I noted was that it was expensive, but the packaging seemed nice enough: frosted glass, and it was nice and weighty. Very elegant.

When I unscrewed the cap, the surface was smooth, although I was a little put off by the artificial citrus-orange smell that was coming from the pot. Never matter - I hadn't used it yet. The first applications in the first week worked, despite the fact that the moment I began using it, it took on a very grainy texture. If I left it overnight, my lips would be somewhat hydrated, and most of the balm would have been absorbed.

However, by the second week, the balm essentially stopped working for me. I would wake up with dry, cracked lips, no matter how much I applied, and by the third week, not only were my lips were in even worse condition, I was better off relying on my Neutrogena lip balm stick and re-applying every few hours than on this. I stopped after three months in, and never looked back.

I've swapped over to using Smith's Rosebud Salve, and regretfully threw this out. I wouldn't repurchase this personally, but it will vary from person to person.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I must be in the minority as I didn't like this at all. It leaves my lips feeling coated in wax and not moisturized. It does not wear well under lipstick. Its gritty. I loved the idea of the ingredients but execution...nay. I'm not a fan of potted products either. The glass feels luxurious but I was afraid to drop it. I have dry lips in the winter and this did nothing to help.

on 1/17/2018 6:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Probably the best lip balm out there. Yes it is pricey, but a pot will last you years. I have had mine for more than 2 years and apply it every night before bed.
We once went on a trip to Switzerland and this is the only lip balm that helped my lips in the dry and cold climate.

on 1/17/2018 5:32:00 AM

Best lip balm ever! I use this as a nightly mask and it's unique thick texture is perfect for long-lasting relief of dry lips. It's expensive but a little goes a long way, each pot lasts many months. Lovely smell too. There is a tube version but beware it's not the same at all!

Top Rated Lip Treatments