Nuxe Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils

Nuxe Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils
Nuxe Reve de MielNuxe Reve de Miel

4.2

Beeswax, Vegetable Oil, Lecithin, Behenoxy Dimethicone, Sweet Almond Oil, Shea Butter Extract, Mel/Honey, Shea Butter, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Grapefruit Peel Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Soybean Oil, Rosa Moschata Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Lemon Peel Oil, Euphorbia Cerifolia Wax, Candelilla Wax, Allantoin, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, BHT, Citric Acid, Citral, Limonene, Linalool

on 1/17/2018 6:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Probably the best lip balm out there. Yes it is pricey, but a pot will last you years. I have had mine for more than 2 years and apply it every night before bed.
We once went on a trip to Switzerland and this is the only lip balm that helped my lips in the dry and cold climate.

on 1/17/2018 5:32:00 AM

Best lip balm ever! I use this as a nightly mask and it's unique thick texture is perfect for long-lasting relief of dry lips. It's expensive but a little goes a long way, each pot lasts many months. Lovely smell too. There is a tube version but beware it's not the same at all!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I got this as a Christmas gift and I love it.

I have very sensitive lips, that get very dry throughout the day. If I'm not wearing lipstick I'm constantly applying a balm. This is unlike any other balm I have used though.

First, it smells gorgeous. You expect the honey, but it's got something else in there - maybe something citrus? I'm not too sure, but I love it. The texture is completely different to anything I have ever used - I agree with a previous reviewer that it feels a bit grainy, but once it's rubbed in I don't think you can feel that at all? it doesn't feel slick like other balms and chapstick types, it just feels like smooth lips with a very subtle, almost matte sheen. I use this before I apply lipstick to give a smooth but moisturised base. I don't use it over the top because tbh, it's expensive to replace and I don't want to lose it by taking it out! I also use it before bed and it's nice, I wouldn't say it makes any magical overnight difference to my lips though.

Overall - yes, I would buy this again. It's another little luxury for me though, a chapstick or similar is fine and does the job. This just feels that little bit more fancy.

on 1/9/2018 12:20:00 AM

This is the only balm that works for me. I put it on overnight and wake up with with smooth, hydrated lips!

on 12/22/2017 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have had this lip balm forever. It lasts a very long time! It also moisturizes dry lips well. That being said, the texture of this is awful. It is very grainy, which doesn't really go away so it is really only suitable for night time. The packaging is also not ideal as it's in pot form.

on 11/19/2017 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I recently purchased this again, even though I tried it a couple of times a few years ago and was not impressed.

It is not easy to find anymore. It seems stores in the US have stopped selling it and Nuxe decdided to pull out out of the US market totally. I found it at escentual.com for around 13.00 + 7.00 shipping. The only reason I ordered it was because it was on 2 of my friends Christmas lists so I figured I would try it again and got one for myself too. I've used it for about 3 weeks now and everything I didn't like about it in the past, are still things I don't like. This just does not work for me, and that's all there is to it. I don't know if it's the beeswax, one or more of the oils in it or something else but my lips just hate it. To be fair, my lips are very fussy about what is on them. This does not irritate them, but instead of moisturizing them, it dries them out. It just kind of sits my lips and never seems to really get absorbed.

It smells nice, hate the unsanitary jar. I use a little mini scoop to get enough out to put on my lips. I know some people swear by this product and love it, but I give up. It just does not moisturize my lips and actually they feel drier when I use it. My favorite is still Jack Black and I've tried tons of lip treatments, balms, etc.. I have a drawer full of lip balms that just didn't really do anything. I loved Laura Mercier Lip Silk and they discontinued it. It was great for keeping my lips smooth and my lips loved it. I also think Lipfusion makes a huge difference on my lips and they drink it in and love it. Does it make them fuller? Some say yes, I say not really but my lips love the collagen formula and they stay moist all day long. I use it every morning, let it soak in then use whatever else I want to. At night I always use Jack Black unless they are very chapped(which is rare since I live in Florida). If they do get chapped in the winter or if I travel, I still use old fashioned Carmex alternated with Petrolatum.

on 11/19/2017 3:34:00 PM

This product is just meh in my opinion. I do like that it’s matte and that it makes a decent treatment for under lipsticks etc. But for the price, it doesn’t do anything magical nor is it long lasting. My lips still feel dry and I need to reapply balm again after an hour or so. Pros - smells good, matte, luxe packaging Cons - price, not moisturizing enough I much prefer my C.O. Bigelow Rose salve. That stuff moisturizes like crazy and so much cheaper.

on 11/8/2017 3:53:00 PM

The best lipbalm hands down!

If your afraid of the price don't be, this is the best lipbalm I have ever tried, so much that I always have a spare just in case. I use it every day and it lasts me on average half a year. Smells like chocolate orange and has a slightly gritty texture when cold which warms up to a paste consistency.

It's so nourishing you don't need to reapply it as often as other balms, plus it has a matte finish so I find it perfect for wearing under lipsticks.

Housed in a heavy glass jar, feels very high end. In my opinion, this is worth every penny.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Incredible lip balm. It’s so creamy and not so shiny which is something I like. It doesn’t have that nasty chemical taste when you apply it (like some cheap balms) and it’s not greasy and oily.

I have lips that can get very dry easily and have to apply lip balm constantly. I normally use Burts Bees balms (not the origial one because it has mint/menthol in it which just dries the lips out furrher) and I continue to do so. This Nuxe balm is more like a night time lip mask for me because it works wonders overnight. I can also go a few hours without needing it because it nourishes so deeply. I’m normally a cheapo and always look for cheap but good value products. So spending £10 on a lip balm was a bit mad for me. But I’ve repurchased and will continue to do so! Get it.

on 10/13/2017 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Once upon a time I checked this product out in the drug store and it didn’t appeal to me at all, it looked gritty and smelled odd. But, after reading many reviews and a timely sale at Shopper’s Drug Mart had me deciding to give it a shot. What I discovered is that although it looks gritty it is not. As sterlingK described in her review, it is a “very thick, matte balm”. I was happy to not have another super slippery, oily feeling lip treatment (yes I got sick of Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask) that actually looks like nothing on the lips but has amazing staying power and truly feels nourishing. The scent is subtle, smelling faintly of oranges and honey. The packaging is very nice - frosted glass pot with a screw on lid - and while I don’t like jar packaging, it is necessary for the thick consistency of this balm. I use a tiny spatula to scoop a small amount out - surprisingly a little goes a long way, you really don’t need to slather your lips with this at all. My favorite time to use this balm is before bed as an overnight treatment and again in the morning before applying my liquid lipstick. It doesn’t change the staying power of the lipstick and protects my lips from potential dryness. I guess the tester in the store was well tried and perhaps past it’s prime. I’m glad I decided to purchase it despite that, it’s worth it, especially since I got it on sale!

Popular Lip Treatments