Nuxe Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils

Nuxe Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils
Nuxe Reve de MielNuxe Reve de Miel

4.2

Beeswax, Vegetable Oil, Lecithin, Behenoxy Dimethicone, Sweet Almond Oil, Shea Butter Extract, Mel/Honey, Shea Butter, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Grapefruit Peel Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Soybean Oil, Rosa Moschata Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Lemon Peel Oil, Euphorbia Cerifolia Wax, Candelilla Wax, Allantoin, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, BHT, Citric Acid, Citral, Limonene, Linalool

on 3/1/2017 4:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is simply "all that." I get that some folks can't seem to get past the slight grainy feeling *initially.* However, if you slide your finger back-forth on your lips, like you do with any finger-applied gloss or balm, it loses any sense of graininess.

I'm a serious lip product junkie; I own 'em all, from Smith's Rosebud Salve to By Terry Baum de Rose. All. And to me, this is IT, the HG of having extraordinary, soft lips. I use this along with an occasional dab of Argan oil, which I'll swipe on, allow to penetrate the lips, and then use the Balm. Not every time--so it's not the argan that's doing the job on its own. (Now, I refuse to use this for my cuticles; they don't need a product at this price. They're happy with the Smith's Rosebud salve, or Coconut oil, or Argan. But my lips? Oh, you betcha, good stuff for them.)

I'm surprised to see so many folks complain about the price--this is hundreds less than By Terry, for example. I bought mine for under $20 on Amazon--including shipping.

I put this on at night, and when I wake, there's still a light layer of the balm on them, and when I remove it, I have baby-bottom-soft lips, to come up with an analogy that's a bit weird. Velvet soft, that's better. :-) I wouldn't trade my Reve de Miele for anything, really. I love my By Terry, and my Smith's--different products for different uses--but the RdM is, simply, the best for overnight glorious lips. It's also a terrific lipstick base, if you need one.

If you experience an unsatisfactory result, first try smoothing it in a bit more--that removes any grainy/gritty feel. Secondly, you may need a bit more. For those worried about hygiene, do what I do--use an inexpensive lipstick brush to apply it. Works a treat.

Love, love, love my RdM. If you can get a sample, give it a go.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Only lip balm that has worked for me coming off acne drugs. Amazing product, wish it was easier to get in my country.

I really wanted to love this product cause my lips are always so dry and because everyone was raving about this but...It didn't work for me unfortunately. I used it as a night treatment and it was matte which was a weird to me and didn't feel instantly moisturizing but I figured I'd give it a chance. I woke up to it still sitting on top of my lips but when I wiped it off, my lips felt even more chapped than before! I tried it the whole week thinking it would work after a few tries but no...Left my lips in worse condition than before. Even tried it during the daytime but still no good. It was blistex to the rescue. Quite expensive and a waste for me. Wish it could have worked for me as well as other people.

on 2/2/2017 4:46:00 PM

Overpriced but lovely lip balm. It goes on very matte and has no slip, but hours later my lips still feel moist and happy. I find I need to really slap it on in order for it to have an effect, but the effect is quite good--moisturized, healthy lips.

I thought it would smell of honey, but really it's quite lemony. Nice heavy glass packaging.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My HG product for night-time! I usually struggle with keeping my lips moisturized during the night, leaving me with broken, flaky lips when I wake up - but this has been a total game-changer! I put it on before going to bed, and although it feels quite thick and granulated at first, it feels great as soon as I work it in. It stays on all night without feeling greasy or sticky whatsoever and I wake up with soft lips! I've even tried using it when I've managed to break my lips, and for some reason this always manages to leave my lips feeling healed and comfortable the morning after.
The packaging is great, I don't mind the jar as I always wash my hands/shower before bedtime anyways. The glass-jar gives it a nice expensive look and the cap closes tightly so it doesn't dry out. My only issue is the price - I only buy it when on sale as I can't justify that price-point for a lip-balm.

Pros:
- Long lasting
- No smell
- Comfortable on the lips
- Great for healing broken lips

Cons:
- Very pricey!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Like usual, I bought into the hype of this being one of "the best" lip balms out there. The smell is like wax and a bit sweet. I found that it did not apply smooth at all, it feels pasty and a bit gritty at times until I rub it in between my fingers first. There is no shine at all, which I wasn't expecting. I felt like it just sat on top of my lips instead of absorbing so my lips were never nourished and moisturizer from it. And lastly, as we all know, any jar/pot form in skincare is unhygienic.
I can moisturize and heal my lips with Aquaphor for a fraction of the price

on 12/31/2016 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

It is a waxy "matte" lip balm as it doesn't have any shine.

I use it under my lipsticks. With retro mattes (MAC) or vice mega matte (UD) lipsticks, it can also be applied over the lipstick to reduce their dryness without interfering with the color.

I recommend it.

on 12/30/2016 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think this is a good lip balm to use before going to bed. I was expecting it to be like an apricot scrub bc of the reviews of it being gritty, but it's a very fine powder grittieness that i can deal with.

It makes for a really good cuticle moisturizer and I am putting it over a scar to soften and moisturize it. Though I think it moisturizes better than petroleum jelly, I'm still on the fence. I think i'll only use this as a night treatment.

on 12/24/2016 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I cant jump on the bandwagon with this product. I don't actually find it moisturizing for more than the first couple minutes that I put it on. More often than not I find myself wiping it off after those couple minutes. I also don't enjoy the grittiness of the product as well as the smell. I also believe that it is overpriced for what you get. Overall I definitely would not repurchase.

on 12/23/2016 6:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am so not getting the hype on this. For starters, trying to find one that wasn't tampered with in store was frustrating, but that isn't the product's fault. I expected miracles from this the way people were talking about it, but I found none. When it goes on smooth, you think, yes, this would be lovely under a lipstick and it feels nice. But once you get through the first few swipes, there is this grit that comes off. It is very uncomfortable and you clearly can not wear this under a lipstick. So I think, ok, that was a bust, I will use this as an overnight treatment. But the problem was that when I woke up in the morning, the edges of my lips felt more dried out than when went to bed. I thought it must be a fluke, I would take a break and try it again once my lips felt better. But nope...same situation. I guess maybe I will use the rest as a cuticle cream, but that is one expensive cuticle cream.