Nuxe Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils

Nuxe Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils

4.2

Beeswax, Vegetable Oil, Lecithin, Behenoxy Dimethicone, Sweet Almond Oil, Shea Butter Extract, Mel/Honey, Shea Butter, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Grapefruit Peel Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Soybean Oil, Rosa Moschata Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Lemon Peel Oil, Euphorbia Cerifolia Wax, Candelilla Wax, Allantoin, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, BHT, Citric Acid, Citral, Limonene, Linalool

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I rely heavily on my trusty Smith's Rosebud Salve to keep my lips in good shape, but every so often I get a hankering to try something else. Given the great reviews of Nuxe's lip balm I decided to give it a go. I didn't hate it but I was underwhelmed. I love the thick texture and the scent is to die for, but it didn't do that great of a job moisturizing - on the contrary, my lips actually felt slightly dry in the morning after having been slathered in the stuff overnight. I'll be sticking with Smith's for now until another product comes along to tempt me.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

By far the best lip balm I've ever used. I used to have extremely chapped and dry lips and even though I've used many other products nothing has worked as well. It leaves my lips super moisturized with just one use.

To Read all 451 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/18/2016 11:31:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Lip balm is one of the few beauty products I can't live without since I have chronically chapped & peeling lips AND have the great fortune of living in the mountains of Upstate NY where the winters are long, windy and freezing. Yay. Needless to say, I will pay through the nose for a good, effective lip balm and this NUXE balm is my HG. I probably go through 2 pots a year. I use it regularly as an overnight mask, and underneath drying lip products, especially matte lipsticks. It works well for both purposes, leaving my lips moisturized and non-flaky. The balm is thick and smooth with a relatively matte finish--no stickiness or gloopiness here! It smells nice and doesn't have any taste that I can discern. The glass pot is heavy and luxurious feeling, however I agree w/ other reviewers that it isn't the most sanitary and that it doesn't travel well. It really is a product that begs to be left on your nightstand or your vanity table. Also, if you happen to have butterfingers like myself, and drop it on a hard tile floor the glass will chip/crack (oops). In spite of the downsides, I love this balm and will keep repurchasing it unless I find something better on the market.

on 7/1/2016 4:03:00 PM

My HG lip balm to date. In HS I was loyal to the MAC lip butter that came in a tube. Then I switched to a Biotherm lip butter that no longer exists. Then I switched to Fresh lip balm (original in the bronze tube). This is by far better than all of those, though the Fresh balm has the juiciest scent. ;)

It's thick, but emollient, and easy to spread on lips (even red, irritated, dry lips). They lock in moisture. They make your lips so soft and smooth. I like to apply this liberally on my lips (and lip line) before bed and I wake up with baby soft lips. It smells gently like honey, and very fresh. It can get a gritty texture but that's just the natural honey in it. The little gritty bits are easy to wipe away.

It does soak in over time, but not too quickly, so apply a thin layer if you wish to wear lip products. Doesn't let lip liner deposit much colour but allows lipstick to sit nicely on the lips, but it won't make them last longer like a primer. This is definitely just a conditioning, moisturizing, protective lip balm, but it's the best balm I've found to date.

The glass jar it comes in is heavy, frosted (scratch resistant) and hasn't ever been damaged in my purse makeup bag. The lid likes to come off sometimes though so be careful.

Holy grail product! Love the thick texture of this lip balm. I put on a thick layer and a little bit coconut oil on top before I go to bed and it is life changing, my lip used to be dry and flaky everyday I wake up not anymore! It's also a very good base before putting lipstick. Plus point the smell is so lovely too. Love it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Best lipbalm I've ever had! Always apply it before I go to bed. It makes my lips feel super moisturized and plump. Love the smell as well!

on 4/18/2016 12:10:00 AM

Best lip balm I've ever tried.

To be honest I'm not in love with the packaging. It's not sanitary to keep dipping your fingers into it. However, because it's so good I'm willing to let the unsanitary packaging pass.

The smell is amazing. It smells expensive and citrusy. If expensive is a smell. LOL

This product is moisturizing but more importantly plumping. I have used quite a lot of lip balms but none of them have plumped up my lips like this one. I liked nivea vanilla and macadamia lip butter. It hydrated my lips a LOT but also left my lips looking flat. Back then that wasn't an issue because I just needed hydration and I had not gotten my hands on this nuxe product. Now that I have it, I can't be without it. It makes my lips look plump, juicy, and moisturized. It's also not greasy at all. Highly recommend despite the steep price!

on 4/17/2016 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've purchased this product twice. The first time it was of everyone else's recommendation and reviews. This being one of the "it" products you must buy at a French Pharmacy. After I tried it, I seriously did not understand what was so great about it. The grains also bugged me.

However, on a recent travel my lips were extremely cracked and irritated. I used aquaphor, homeoplasmine, pawpaw ointment and none of the usual go-to's worked. I finally whipped this product out and I was extremely surprised that it actually really soothed and calmed my irritated and sore lips.

It's from this recent travel that I've changed my mind and now think very highly of this reve de miel and bought another one.

on 4/1/2016 5:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I DON'T GET THE HYPE.

Seriously, I don't.

Price isn't an issue. Actually I thought the price was pretty decent considering that I got about nine month's worth heavy usage of this, and I would use this 5 times out of a week at night. The jar packaging is not a problem with me either and I was satisfied with the amount.

But I would apply it for the night and after I woke up in the morning it was like nothing was left on my lips. And as I lived in a mostly dry environment, this was a problem.

In the morning this wouldn't help my lips feel moisturized, either. And it has granules of... sugar, I assume? that would render putting on lipstick sort of useless since the texture would make my lips look rough and unappealing. I feel like this balm was better for exfoliating the lips than actually moisturizing them.

I guess I prefer the petroleum-based lip balms like the Lucas Papaw Ointment or Smith's Rosebud Salve. I like slick smooth textures for lip products.

I truly do not understand the Holy Grail reviews with this lip balm but I suppose in lipbalm world it is just as subjective as mascara. I do recommend trying it out since it seems to be a hit or miss but don't be surprised if you're not thrilled with it either.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Unlike the oil, this does smell amazing! Aaand ... it is the most moisturizing balm I ever tried! Plus, 75.9 % of the ingredients are natural. No parabens. It is a mat one, so if you want a sheen on your lips you might want to try Dior Colour Reviver Balm. To summarize: all I ever wanted in a lip balm -- except SPF, but that is not a problem.

Popular Lip Treatments