Nuxe Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils

Nuxe Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils
Nuxe Reve de MielNuxe Reve de Miel

4.1

Beeswax, Vegetable Oil, Lecithin, Behenoxy Dimethicone, Sweet Almond Oil, Shea Butter Extract, Mel/Honey, Shea Butter, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Grapefruit Peel Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Soybean Oil, Rosa Moschata Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Lemon Peel Oil, Euphorbia Cerifolia Wax, Candelilla Wax, Allantoin, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, BHT, Citric Acid, Citral, Limonene, Linalool

on 8/11/2018 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This balm is a bit strange to me. It's on the waxy side, it doesn't have much slip to it. It feels okay. Really not all that emollient which I had never felt in a balm before. I found it didn't necessarily dry out my lips, but aside from some light hydration it didn't adequately provide any moisturization either. I think I could feel the very top layers of my lips begin to peel/flake the next morning after wearing it overnight.

I guess from this balm I have learned that waxy balms do not do anything for me, and I ended up throwing this way after using less than a third of it. By no means is this the worst balm I've ever used, but it did feel like a rather useless one, especially for the price. I did think it made a nice base for lipstick as it did give some light hydration and lip products going on over top would kind of stick to it.

If you are someone like me who has extremely dry, flaky, and cracked lips who more often than not feels as though lip balms are drying out their lips further, I would give this one a pass.

on 6/25/2018 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is the best lip balm I have ever used because its waxy, balmy texture acts like a barrier for my lips, and it still moisturizes from within. I used to go for petroleum laced lip balms before but found they didn't actually heal my dry, cracked lips. Here in Canada, our winters are very drying and NUXE has really helped me keep my lips soft. It is pricey so I justify it by the large amount of product you get. The balm is very thick, stays on after drinking, eating, sleeping etc. and has a lovely light orange scent. Oh and the packaging is elegantly beautiful.
I've tried burts bees, nivea's macadamia & vanilla tin, RoC enydrial, and straight up vaseline, but personally those never fixed my lips, rather they acted as barriers from the wind-still helpful, but not what I need.

on 6/8/2018 9:28:00 AM

The best lip balm ever! As a lip balm junkie, I have tried many of them -and still trying- this is the best lip product I have ever used. It is different from other lip balms, its very thick and not greasy or sticky at all. It provides a matte finish, no shine like all others, so its comfortable to use with lip pencils and matte lipsticks. It hydrates the lips almost all day long, and makes them really soft and plumped. It has a very good light orange smell. and the packaging is also very elegant. I buy this product over and over again. Never disappoints me!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I’m so disappointed in this product- I feel like part of my disappointment might be because I was expecting so much more, but it still is just such a ‘standard’ product, or worse.

The packaging is nice if you don’t mind pots (sturdy, heavy, frosted glass), and it has a somewhat potent orange scent. Texture-wise, it’s a very thick, heavy product.

In terms of what it actually did for my lips, it worked fine as a kind of barrier, but I don’t feel it did anything at all in terms of hydrating or moisturising my lips. It also left what felt like an almost powdery residue. It’s by no means a horrendous product, and I’ll use it all up, but I really wouldn’t buy it again. It cost £10, and I’ve had lip balms I far prefer from Yes To for £4

on 5/11/2018 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have a new favourite lip balm. This stuff is gorgeous - great smell, texture and leaves lips super soft and plump

This is actually the worst lip balm ever, it is not moisturizing at all !! It doesn’t penetrate your lips, it just stays on top making them feel sticky and uncomfortable until you drink something and it completely transfers leaving your lips drier than ever, I tried using it as a night lip mask but I woke up in the morning with dry, chapped lips, it’s not good for anything and can we talk about the price ?? A lip balm that expensive should not only do the basic job of moisturizing but also make my lips more plumped and full and get rid of the wrinkles caused by dryness!!! Definitely not gonna purchase it again.

on 3/26/2018 5:29:00 PM

???? Confused as to why this has such amazing reviews. Yes, the packaging is pretty, and it's an fancy french pharmacy brand... but.... sorry to burst anyone's bubble. This kind of sucks. It feels heavy, gritty, and thick... like play-do on my lips or something. It's just not moisturizing at all.. Skip this one.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had the absolute worst experience with this balm. I should have known better. I love Nuxe body oils but this product did not help my chapped lips, in fact it made them worse. The only benefit I can credit this balm with is making me realize I am allergic to beeswax products. I tried and tried to make it work for me but fighting against an allergy/interolance is an uphill battle. It left my lips chapped, raw, and with a bumpy/gritty texture. I spend money on lip fillers to make my lips look beautiful, but this balm made them look like I had a skin disorder.
Needless to say it was in the trash a week later.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I hate to say it, but yeah, this product is all hype. As a lip balm it's fine. I like it for the daytime because it has a matte finish and can go atop lipliner for a comfortable, shine free wear. The staying power is pretty good, but like all lip balms, it does transfer, so don't expect to eat a meal and kiss your spouse and still have anything left on your lips. It's very thick and emollient so it will function well as a lip protectant, but for something protective it ought to have SPF. As an aside, I have also tried the stick version and I actually prefer it - while not as thick and emollient, I find it more hydrating, and it's certainly more travel friendly. It also costs less. Ultimately, it depends on your needs: if you like something thick and waxy to coat your lips and prevent moisture loss, you might really like this. If you're looking for hydration or something to really treat your lips, skip this and get the Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask. I will keep it and continue to use it, but I wouldn't buy it again if I ran out or lost the jar.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I hate to give this a terrible score, given all the reviews and the recommendations for this. I'm unfortunately one of the (rare?) few that the balm did not work for.

I purchased this as an alternative to my old lip mask stores in my area stopped stocking it, hoping that it would at least do something for my dry or chapped lips. First thing I noted was that it was expensive, but the packaging seemed nice enough: frosted glass, and it was nice and weighty. Very elegant.

When I unscrewed the cap, the surface was smooth, although I was a little put off by the artificial citrus-orange smell that was coming from the pot. Never matter - I hadn't used it yet. The first applications in the first week worked, despite the fact that the moment I began using it, it took on a very grainy texture. If I left it overnight, my lips would be somewhat hydrated, and most of the balm would have been absorbed.

However, by the second week, the balm essentially stopped working for me. I would wake up with dry, cracked lips, no matter how much I applied, and by the third week, not only were my lips were in even worse condition, I was better off relying on my Neutrogena lip balm stick and re-applying every few hours than on this. I stopped after three months in, and never looked back.

I've swapped over to using Smith's Rosebud Salve, and regretfully threw this out. I wouldn't repurchase this personally, but it will vary from person to person.

Top Rated Lip Treatments