Nuxe Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils

Nuxe Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils
Nuxe Reve de MielNuxe Reve de Miel

4.2

Beeswax, Vegetable Oil, Lecithin, Behenoxy Dimethicone, Sweet Almond Oil, Shea Butter Extract, Mel/Honey, Shea Butter, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Grapefruit Peel Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Soybean Oil, Rosa Moschata Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Lemon Peel Oil, Euphorbia Cerifolia Wax, Candelilla Wax, Allantoin, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, BHT, Citric Acid, Citral, Limonene, Linalool

Unfortunately for me, I'm part of the group the lip balm has done nothing for.
My jar is about two applications short of completely finished, used over a period of two months. In this time I have applied it regularly and I would say my lips have perhaps been in the worst condition they've been in. I've given it a fair chance and can safely say it does less for my lips than any cheaper alternative I've used.
The smell isn't to my liking (would overlook this, were the product effect) and the texture is very granular. I find that as a result of the texture, it doesn't give you that soothing sensation you get when your lips are feeling dry and you finally get to apply some balm.
I won't ever repurchase, but the reviews are so good that I would still recommend that others try it as I feel I'm part of the minority.
Good luck!

on 8/10/2017 2:14:00 PM

Love love love . Lasts for hours
No unpleasant scent or taste. Lips are soft not sticky.
I can not find it anywhere to purchase again. Fortunately I still have 1/2 jar which will easily last me 4 months so I've got time to find it.
I hope it's still available to purchase in the states. Ulta and Target no longer carry it.

I don't say I love a product that often. I don't write reviews either, unless I love something. This is the best lip balm I've come across, and I've tried everything~ its expensive for what it is, but I can't live without it now so I'll have to keep buying it, its no longer sold at my local Priceline I've noticed though. I've had not one bout of chapped lips all winter. Apply at night before bed with very clean fingers (jar packaging) and wake up to glorious baby lips that dont dry out even if you wear matt lippie during the day, its even reduced my cold sore frequencies which I get when I get run down.

on 8/5/2017 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is such a satisfying balm... smell amazing, the texture enveloppes entirely your lips, not slipper...became a real stapple!

This truly is a wonderful product! I hate having dry lips, and having used Vaseline for years I really wish I'd found this sooner.

I picked it up off the back of using a few other Nuxe products that I loved and I can honestly say I will never buy another brand of lip balm. It has a lovely smell and the consistency is very luxurious. It is pricey when compared to the likes of Vaseline and Carmex, but I think it's worth every penny, plus it lasts for ages!

It does feel a little grainy when it goes on but bear with it as that soon dissolves away and you're just left with super soft lips. I can put this on when I go to bed and there's still a little left on when I wake up, it's that good!

As a heads up, Nuxe also does a lip balm stick, which isn't the same as the pot. It's still lovely, but pretty standard and half the price.

Now I hate jar lip balms because of the hygiene issue. BUT this is life changing product. After going on roaccutane for severe acne I ended up with incredibly dry peeling lips (common side effect) which continue to be a problem on and off years later. This is the only product that hands down HEALS chapped lips. Every other product provides temporary relief or just a moist coating. Something in this is a miracle worker. I do one coat before bed and next day wake up with healed lips. It's amazing and i pray to god they never discontinue this. Also it lasts FOREVER. You only need the smallest amount. One thing to note is that the lipstick/chapstick version of this is NOT the same formulation as the jar and it is pretty average - I guess putting it in stick form meant they had to add other ingredients,

on 4/13/2017 8:44:00 PM

I contemplated purchasing this as there were reviews that said it did nothing, but I gave it the benefit of a doubt and yanked some (a lot of) bucks out of my tiny purse.

After about 4 months, I can safely say... I think beeswax-based products don't work on me. Like many other reviewers have mentioned, this tend to sit on the lips, neither getting absorbed not protecting from more moisture loss. I use this at night and I wake up with moist but dry lips... Like it's moist enough to smack your lips together, but in the process, you feel the dry cracks.

My friend makes lip balms with the beeswax from her own bee farm gave me some samples, and sad to say, the texture was exactly the same as Nuxe, which made me come to the conclusion that beeswax do not work (on me). Similar to petroleum-based (Vaseline, my skin doesn't know how to deal with you), and coconut oil.

on 3/28/2017 2:11:00 PM

I bought this on a total whim because of all the hype surrounding it and truly didn't think that I would care for it, I found it expensive at nearly £10 a tub but I was feeling frivolous so I threw it in my basket.

That was several months ago, and I must say that this balm has sat on my bedside table ever since. I wouldn't really wear this during the day because it is almost like a matte grainy type of paste if that makes any sense? It sounds awful but it's got a kind of honey/orange smell to it and it is really quite satisfying and smooth to dig out of the jar and apply.

I find that this leaves my lips really nice and soft if I wear it overnight and very often there is still balm on my lips the next day - for me this is a perfect overnight lip treatment that doesn't feel claggy, sticky or have an overpowering smell. I can quite happily apply it and fall asleep without it bothering me at all - it trumps By Terry Baume de Rose in terms of both effectiveness and formula so I will definitely be rebuying it again. It really is worth the hype!

on 3/20/2017 3:49:00 AM

I overpriced balm.
It doesn't penetrate my lips and leavesee a layer apon layer of silicone type product on top of the lips. I found if anything it dried my lips out the more I used it. Sorry to burst the love for nuxe bubble.

on 3/14/2017 6:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Finally a lip balm that actually does good for your lips instead of just sitting on top and not doing much.

I bought this about 2 months ago and haven't used anything else since.

It's everything a lip balm should be and it actually has a *balm* texture - not the waxy or gooey stuff that you find in some products, but a soft balm texture that's not too soft if that makes sense. Perfect texture really!

It smells (and tastes) like honeyed orange without it being overpowering.

It sinks into your lips and used overnight especially it fixes dryness. During the day especially in winter it protects your lips from the wind and the cold. I wish they come out with a good SPF version for the summer.

I've tried so many lip balms over the years and I'm kicking myself for not trying this sooner. There were a few I liked but none I really loved and none that really fixed my dry lips like this.

It may not work for people with sensitivity/allergies to shea butter, citrus oils (grapefruit and lemon peel are both present on the ingredients list). As always - if you can, try it before you buy it.

Popular Lip Treatments