Nuxe Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils

Nuxe Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils
Nuxe Reve de MielNuxe Reve de Miel

4.2

Beeswax, Vegetable Oil, Lecithin, Behenoxy Dimethicone, Sweet Almond Oil, Shea Butter Extract, Mel/Honey, Shea Butter, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Grapefruit Peel Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Soybean Oil, Rosa Moschata Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Lemon Peel Oil, Euphorbia Cerifolia Wax, Candelilla Wax, Allantoin, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, BHT, Citric Acid, Citral, Limonene, Linalool

Now I hate jar lip balms because of the hygiene issue. BUT this is life changing product. After going on roaccutane for severe acne I ended up with incredibly dry peeling lips (common side effect) which continue to be a problem on and off years later. This is the only product that hands down HEALS chapped lips. Every other product provides temporary relief or just a moist coating. Something in this is a miracle worker. I do one coat before bed and next day wake up with healed lips. It's amazing and i pray to god they never discontinue this. Also it lasts FOREVER. You only need the smallest amount. One thing to note is that the lipstick/chapstick version of this is NOT the same formulation as the jar and it is pretty average - I guess putting it in stick form meant they had to add other ingredients,

on 4/13/2017 8:44:00 PM

I contemplated purchasing this as there were reviews that said it did nothing, but I gave it the benefit of a doubt and yanked some (a lot of) bucks out of my tiny purse.

After about 4 months, I can safely say... I think beeswax-based products don't work on me. Like many other reviewers have mentioned, this tend to sit on the lips, neither getting absorbed not protecting from more moisture loss. I use this at night and I wake up with moist but dry lips... Like it's moist enough to smack your lips together, but in the process, you feel the dry cracks.

My friend makes lip balms with the beeswax from her own bee farm gave me some samples, and sad to say, the texture was exactly the same as Nuxe, which made me come to the conclusion that beeswax do not work (on me). Similar to petroleum-based (Vaseline, my skin doesn't know how to deal with you), and coconut oil.

on 3/28/2017 2:11:00 PM

I bought this on a total whim because of all the hype surrounding it and truly didn't think that I would care for it, I found it expensive at nearly £10 a tub but I was feeling frivolous so I threw it in my basket.

That was several months ago, and I must say that this balm has sat on my bedside table ever since. I wouldn't really wear this during the day because it is almost like a matte grainy type of paste if that makes any sense? It sounds awful but it's got a kind of honey/orange smell to it and it is really quite satisfying and smooth to dig out of the jar and apply.

I find that this leaves my lips really nice and soft if I wear it overnight and very often there is still balm on my lips the next day - for me this is a perfect overnight lip treatment that doesn't feel claggy, sticky or have an overpowering smell. I can quite happily apply it and fall asleep without it bothering me at all - it trumps By Terry Baume de Rose in terms of both effectiveness and formula so I will definitely be rebuying it again. It really is worth the hype!

on 3/20/2017 3:49:00 AM

I overpriced balm.
It doesn't penetrate my lips and leavesee a layer apon layer of silicone type product on top of the lips. I found if anything it dried my lips out the more I used it. Sorry to burst the love for nuxe bubble.

on 3/14/2017 6:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Finally a lip balm that actually does good for your lips instead of just sitting on top and not doing much.

I bought this about 2 months ago and haven't used anything else since.

It's everything a lip balm should be and it actually has a *balm* texture - not the waxy or gooey stuff that you find in some products, but a soft balm texture that's not too soft if that makes sense. Perfect texture really!

It smells (and tastes) like honeyed orange without it being overpowering.

It sinks into your lips and used overnight especially it fixes dryness. During the day especially in winter it protects your lips from the wind and the cold. I wish they come out with a good SPF version for the summer.

I've tried so many lip balms over the years and I'm kicking myself for not trying this sooner. There were a few I liked but none I really loved and none that really fixed my dry lips like this.

It may not work for people with sensitivity/allergies to shea butter, citrus oils (grapefruit and lemon peel are both present on the ingredients list). As always - if you can, try it before you buy it.

on 3/7/2017 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

love it

on 3/6/2017 9:53:00 PM

Have been using this for several years after trying so many other lip balms I've lost count! Nothing compares to this product for me. It is a bit pricey but lasts a long time and is just the best.

on 3/6/2017 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I absolutely adore this lip balm! If you have dry lips you need this balm. So much better then the overhyped by terry balm.

on 3/1/2017 4:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is simply "all that." I get that some folks can't seem to get past the slight grainy feeling *initially.* However, if you slide your finger back-forth on your lips, like you do with any finger-applied gloss or balm, it loses any sense of graininess.

I'm a serious lip product junkie; I own 'em all, from Smith's Rosebud Salve to By Terry Baum de Rose. All. And to me, this is IT, the HG of having extraordinary, soft lips. I use this along with an occasional dab of Argan oil, which I'll swipe on, allow to penetrate the lips, and then use the Balm. Not every time--so it's not the argan that's doing the job on its own. (Now, I refuse to use this for my cuticles; they don't need a product at this price. They're happy with the Smith's Rosebud salve, or Coconut oil, or Argan. But my lips? Oh, you betcha, good stuff for them.)

I'm surprised to see so many folks complain about the price--this is hundreds less than By Terry, for example. I bought mine for under $20 on Amazon--including shipping.

I put this on at night, and when I wake, there's still a light layer of the balm on them, and when I remove it, I have baby-bottom-soft lips, to come up with an analogy that's a bit weird. Velvet soft, that's better. :-) I wouldn't trade my Reve de Miele for anything, really. I love my By Terry, and my Smith's--different products for different uses--but the RdM is, simply, the best for overnight glorious lips. It's also a terrific lipstick base, if you need one.

If you experience an unsatisfactory result, first try smoothing it in a bit more--that removes any grainy/gritty feel. Secondly, you may need a bit more. For those worried about hygiene, do what I do--use an inexpensive lipstick brush to apply it. Works a treat.

Love, love, love my RdM. If you can get a sample, give it a go.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Only lip balm that has worked for me coming off acne drugs. Amazing product, wish it was easier to get in my country.