NUXE Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils

NUXE Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils
Nuxe Reve de MielNuxe Reve de Miel

4.1

Beeswax, Vegetable Oil, Lecithin, Behenoxy Dimethicone, Sweet Almond Oil, Shea Butter Extract, Mel/Honey, Shea Butter, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Grapefruit Peel Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Soybean Oil, Rosa Moschata Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Lemon Peel Oil, Euphorbia Cerifolia Wax, Candelilla Wax, Allantoin, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, BHT, Citric Acid, Citral, Limonene, Linalool

on 11/16/2018 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Because of the rave reviews, I bought one on sale at the Shoppers (12$CAD, regular price around 17$ for 15g). The texture is thick and almost gritty, pleasant smell (slightly lemony). I enjoy this product but having tried Aquaphor and Blistex Medex, 2 best lip balms of all time according to me (Carmex, Rosebud Salve did nothing for me), this one comes across as alright. I do feel that it is just a little less moisturizing than Aquaphor or Blistex, it does slightly dry up my lips after few hours. I will not repurchase because of the packaging (dipping my finger in the pot is simply annoying).

on 10/6/2018 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wonderful product! I got this in France after reading the reviews and I’m so happy for its multiple use! First the non-slippery lip balm makes the lip products go on beautifully. And my lips feel moisturized for a long time. Other uses I happen to find are (I was out of products and thought I’d try it instead) mosquito bites and chafing (like sand burns my son gets in his swimming trunks). It maybe the propolis or the beeswax ingredient but keeps the area totally waterproofed. My friends are also hooked now. I love this product and will never be without it.

on 9/20/2018 3:08:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I’ve loved Nuxe oil for a long time and recently received a gift set which included the Nuxe lip balm. I’m of the opinion that you can never have enough lip balm. This one is truly indulgent, very rich consistency with a fantastic smell and very moisturising. I can see this becoming a real favourite!

on 8/20/2018 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

In the minority here - I just don't get the love for this stuff. It's exceedingly average to me. Doesn't moisturize all that well, and doesn't last on me. I much prefer straight out lanolin. It works like a balm is supposed to work, imo. This is just... average, but overpriced average. I'll use it during these warmer months when I can get away with it, but come October or thereabouts, it's going to retire til spring. Don't hate it; just don't love it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I think I may have found my new HG lip balm! Not only does this moisturize and help keep chapping at bay, it also leaves my lips looking more naturally pink then usual (possibly due to the lemon oil in it I'm guessing?). As a person very much into natural products this is right up my street with its fab ingredients list. Love the light orange-y/honey fragrance and the cute, elegant jar it comes in, also the fact that despite its thickness it leaves my lips nice and matte, and not oily looking.

I use a small spatula to scoop it out, as I do with any facial care products that come in a jar, because I don't find jar packaging's all that sanitary. I can't vouch for how effective it is in colder climates as not tried there yet, but for the south U.S where I live, this is suiting me just perfectly.

When purchasing this be sure to check for expiry date as these don't have such a long shelf life. Also best to use them up soon as you can as I find the balm tends to turn slightly gritty after a few months and therefore a bit trickier to apply as have to wipe the 'bits' off with a tissue.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~
(As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 8/11/2018 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This balm is a bit strange to me. It's on the waxy side, it doesn't have much slip to it. It feels okay. Really not all that emollient which I had never felt in a balm before. I found it didn't necessarily dry out my lips, but aside from some light hydration it didn't adequately provide any moisturization either. I think I could feel the very top layers of my lips begin to peel/flake the next morning after wearing it overnight.

I guess from this balm I have learned that waxy balms do not do anything for me, and I ended up throwing this way after using less than a third of it. By no means is this the worst balm I've ever used, but it did feel like a rather useless one, especially for the price. I did think it made a nice base for lipstick as it did give some light hydration and lip products going on over top would kind of stick to it.

If you are someone like me who has extremely dry, flaky, and cracked lips who more often than not feels as though lip balms are drying out their lips further, I would give this one a pass.

on 6/25/2018 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is the best lip balm I have ever used because its waxy, balmy texture acts like a barrier for my lips, and it still moisturizes from within. I used to go for petroleum laced lip balms before but found they didn't actually heal my dry, cracked lips. Here in Canada, our winters are very drying and NUXE has really helped me keep my lips soft. It is pricey so I justify it by the large amount of product you get. The balm is very thick, stays on after drinking, eating, sleeping etc. and has a lovely light orange scent. Oh and the packaging is elegantly beautiful.
I've tried burts bees, nivea's macadamia & vanilla tin, RoC enydrial, and straight up vaseline, but personally those never fixed my lips, rather they acted as barriers from the wind-still helpful, but not what I need.

on 6/8/2018 9:28:00 AM

The best lip balm ever! As a lip balm junkie, I have tried many of them -and still trying- this is the best lip product I have ever used. It is different from other lip balms, its very thick and not greasy or sticky at all. It provides a matte finish, no shine like all others, so its comfortable to use with lip pencils and matte lipsticks. It hydrates the lips almost all day long, and makes them really soft and plumped. It has a very good light orange smell. and the packaging is also very elegant. I buy this product over and over again. Never disappoints me!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I’m so disappointed in this product- I feel like part of my disappointment might be because I was expecting so much more, but it still is just such a ‘standard’ product, or worse.

The packaging is nice if you don’t mind pots (sturdy, heavy, frosted glass), and it has a somewhat potent orange scent. Texture-wise, it’s a very thick, heavy product.

In terms of what it actually did for my lips, it worked fine as a kind of barrier, but I don’t feel it did anything at all in terms of hydrating or moisturising my lips. It also left what felt like an almost powdery residue. It’s by no means a horrendous product, and I’ll use it all up, but I really wouldn’t buy it again. It cost £10, and I’ve had lip balms I far prefer from Yes To for £4

on 5/11/2018 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have a new favourite lip balm. This stuff is gorgeous - great smell, texture and leaves lips super soft and plump

Popular Lip Treatments