no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

10 years ago

I use this as a day moisturizer underneath my lancome sunscreen. As I am easily prone to breakouts, i wanted to use something basic, ie, just to moisturize. This is wonderful, not sticky, and is absorbed in my skin faily quickly. I expected better reviews but not sure why it isnt working for most pple here. Worth trying as a day moisturizer for those who use sunscreen. Not sure if the price warrants the product though, but i'll repurchase until I find a cheaper alternative.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair

11 years ago

I've gone through about 3 or 4 bottles of this (on and off). I usually try something different after I finish a bottle because I love trying out new things. I always seem to come back to this though. I hated the daytime moisturizer as it felt really greasy on me, but this made me feel like my face was getting moisturized. Although I don't especially like how it does feel a little "heavy", i love how my face feels in the morning. It's so smooth - maybe it's just my skin regenerating. I'll still keep on looking for an HG nightime moisturizer, but in the meantime, this will be my default.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

HairBlack

2.0

12 years ago

Unfortunately I have to agree with the negative reviews on this: it doesn't absorb/sink into my skin properly, and it even seems to irritate my skin a little (seems to turn a bit red after applying). It has a really lovely scent and a nice texture as all shiseido products though. I've tried the regular night moisturizer from the skin care line before, and it seemed to absorb much better and wasn't as irritating....not sure why there's such a difference between the "light" and "Regular" formulations....

About reviewer (37 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

12 years ago

It's non-greasy moisturizer and it's very light and maybe too light, it does decent job as night moisturizer, but I just don't like the texture, it's so watery and it's expensive

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinNormal

from

12 years ago

This is my best ever moisturizer,my nr.1.I recommend it to anyone who has oily t-zone like mine. It has beautiful smell,it is not greasy at all,leaves my skin pure and matte.I am on my second bottle of this moisturizer.Price is good because it has 75 ml and you really need a drop for the whole face area.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age30-35

HairBrunette

1.0

12 years ago

I totally hate this product! The smell is overwhelming and strong, it gives me headache. I choose ‘Light’ but the moisture is thick, left my face all oily and stinky. I had to blot my face. I thought since the Hydro-Balancing Softener is so wonderful maybe the moisturizer will work well but I was wrong. I felt so heartache because it’s so freaking expensive and now I had to finish it before I get to purchase my next target, Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. I hope it works for me. The only good thing I can say about it is the texture. It’s not creamy, it’s like water + gel but I’m really surprise texture like that can be so oily. So guys, if your skin is dry type, maybe you’d wanna give this a go but I think, you can get much better than this.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

2.0

13 years ago

I ve been wanting to like Shiseido skincare for a longtime. I am a sucker for elegant packaging. That being said, the Night Essential Moisturizer (Light) did not fare so well for me, along will all of the other Shiseido skincare products I ve tried. I absolutely despise the consitency/texture of this moisturizer. It is too light (very watery) but at the same time unusually sticky. I ll go so far as to say, it feels gross on my skin. The last straw really was the fact that my forehead broke up in tiny little bumps throughout. I hardly ever break out on my forehead. In short, I was sold by the elegant bottle and lovely scent. The product itself did nothing, I didn't feel like it moisturized my skin adequately, it just felt like a thin layer of glue on my face and it broke me out to boot.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other

13 years ago

LOVE this night moisturizers... the only one I use.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinDry

HairBlond

3.0

14 years ago

First off, i really like the packaging, the glass bottle is really pretty and easy to use. the price is pretty good for the amount too. i won't repurchase though, just because the light consistency is just too thin for a night cream and it does sort of feel like i'm applying moisturiser to wet skin (when my skin is actually dry) so it feels like it isn't being absorbed at all, which isn't great. it lasts quite a while though, which is a positive

About reviewer (115 reviews)

HairBrunette

14 years ago

I bought this moisturizing as the previous moisturizer (shiseido pureness gel creme) was not moisturizing enough for my skin. It's a great moisturizer...my face is so smooth and supple now and I dun experience redness...my acne has calm down alot too...I dun have breakouts now..and I'm really happy with it. I have combination and oily t zone and this is just nice for me perfectly. Not too heavy, not too light. Great stuff! Plus, one big bottle lasts a long way. Though it's a bit pricey but can used for quite some time.

About reviewer (116 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone