MAC Lip Lacquer Love-In

3.7

This is probably my favorite lipgloss ever. I'm so sad it's discontinued. It's a light gold color, & isn't really concealer-colored for my complexion. I just loved this product & really wish MAC would bring it back. It wouldn't look good on those with darker skin though.

Love-In is definately one of those love it or hate it shades among the masses. LoL, I can definately see some likening it to concealer. It comes out a creamed butterscotch with flecks of gold. Very pale and rich in formula ~ I need to use a separate lip brush to blend and not the brush that comes with it (I dot some on my lips with the lacquer brush then blend with my own). It's proably one of those shades that doesn't fare too well on it's own, but when paired with a liner or lipstick it can be out of this world. I absolutely love this to cream up other colors and make them appear more nude. I agree with the reviewer before me that said if you have redder lips and prefer a less pigmented look, this may work for you. continued >>

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

OK!!!! This lip gloss is only for girls who have VERY PIGMENTED lips. I am NC40 so I am like a medium tan but my lips are BRIGHT RED and I HATE them. Love-in is the PERFECTTTT lip gloss for me. It covers up the redness wonderfully. If you already have light lips and just want a goldish gloss this is not for you. It will look terrible I agree. My friends all love this color on me but when they try it on its doesn't look good because they do have bright red lips like I do.

But MAC has discontinued this product. How GREAT!!? If anyone knows where to get this other that ebay please let me know.

Laysaysns@aol.com

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i thought this was going to be like Cthru but it was worse! i swear, i got concealer lips from this one....i have pigmented lips, btw.... MMM w/ yellow undertones, C5/C40 skintone...this cant beat "tittle tassle" and im still looking for a replacement!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Lacquer is like a liquified lipstick with a glossy finish.

This color is wonderful pale color that works well over a very pale lipliner. I use Eye Kohl in Fascinating with a really light hand as a liner, and with this overtop it's a beautiful plae yellow-gold-white that works well with dramatic eyes (like...VERY dramatic).

The packaging is similar to that of the old Lac Lustre.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Wouldn't reccomend it for a girl (or guy, this is MAC we're talking about) with cooler tones. Perfect for balancing out a dramatic eye, however. My lips are too pigmented to look tasteful next to a smokey/bright eye, so this lacquer is perfect. I knew I had to have it when I saw my friend using it.

THIS IS A TRULY GREAT COLOR. IT IS AMAZING HOW THIS COLOR CAN WORK TO MAKE JUST ABOUT ANY ONE LOOK TANNER BECAUSE IT DROWNS OUT THE COLOR OF THE LIPS TO A PALE TAN. THE GREAT THING IS THAT IS HAS A GOLD TONE TO IT SO YOU DO NOT GET THAT DEADISH LOOK. MY ALL TIME FAV MAC COLOR AND I HAVE BEEN USING THIS FOR YEARS! THIS WAS ACTUALLY MY VERY FIRST MAC PURCHASE EVER.
COULD HAVE A BETTER CONSISTENCY (ITS A LITTLE THICK) AND THE PACKAGING IS NO GOOD BECAUSE WHEN YOU SCREW THE CAP ON AND OFF, THE LACQUER GETS CAUGHT IN BETWEEN THE CAP AND THE BOTTLE AND LEAKS ALL OVER. YOU CONSTANTLY NEED TO WHIPE IT OFF.
IT IS STILL WORTH IT B/C IT IS THE BEST COLOR IF YOU WANT TO LOOK TAN!
E-MAIL ME TO LET ME KNOW IF THEY STILL MAKE THIS! THANKS

This is my favorite gloss and my HG shade for lips!! I really love it and I wear it at least once a week! lol!

Since I'm very fair-skinned, light colors for lips are the most flattering, especially if they're beige. With this one, I can't go wrong!

On my lips it looks like a creamy (& slightly white) beige somewhat goldish. It's pretty and sexy. It's even more gorgeous with a dark e/s or smokey eyes.

You can layer 2-3 coats for a deeper shade or one coat for a sheer & light color.

The lasting power is quite good. Not super long lasting, but eh, it's a gloss! lol!

I prefer to use it with my own lip brush since it's more precise but when I'm in a rush I don't mind using the gloss brush.

The only bad thing is the black cap - it's full of scratches since the first day I put it in my purse.

But if I run out, I will certainly buy another tube!! This is trully my favorite!

continued >>

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I love this intense matte beigey gold color. It's one of my HG colors to do a nude lip. I can do a great nude lip with Love-In! I have pigmented lips so I like to layer this over other matte lipsticks (MAC Siss) to lighten it without loosing coverage. I also like to pair it with Stripdown lipliner and clear lipglass to thin out the intenseness of the color. I have been using it since it's debut. I'm on my 3rd tube.

Once again this is a color better suited to tan complexions and darker with a little liner, you're set! Especially great for a neutral look anytime because of the creamy color with golden shimmers...I pulled it out of my stash again last week...lovin it! It's hard to conceive buyin lacquers again because they give you 8+ grams of product. The only one I've come close to finishing is Tongue and Chic. I hate the black metal tops on all lacquers...it chips off...packaging sucks! Maybe they've changed since the last time I shopped...not sure...no one else seems to comment on this.