Avon Ultra Luxury Eye Liner

Avon Ultra Luxury Eye Liner

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

ETHYLHEXYL ISOSTEARATE POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE NEOPENTYL GLYCOL DIETHYLHEXANOATE COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX/CIRE DE CARNAUBA EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX/CIRE DE CANDELILLA BORON NITRIDE CERESIN PARAFFIN SILICA TOCOPHEROL ASCORBYL PALMITATE MAY CONTAIN: IRON OXIDES TITANIUM DIOXIDE MICA MANGANESE VIOLET ULTRAMARINES CARMINE CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS BLACK 2 FERRIC FERROCYANIDE YELLOW 5 LAKE ALUMINUM POWDER BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE BLUE 1 LAKE CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN RED 40 LAKE ZINC OXIDE

on 7/21/2011 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

These are the best pencils you can buy anywhere, better than all the big brands (I personally find Estee lauder and Mac pencils far lower quality than Avon Ultra Luxury pencils), these never drag, are well pigmented (Black: a true black, Dark Brown: and a beautiful dark-grey brown, Midnight blue: a most gorgeous smoky almost indigo-tinged navy black, and Charcoal: a smooth gunmetal grey - the only one I havent tried is the bronze). Fantastic price $3 NZ when on sale and always sharpen beautifully without any splinters or wasted product. Definitely a must buy.

on 3/8/2011 10:39:00 PM

I've been using Avon's Ultra Luxury Eye Liners for years now and I love them. I find the wear is durable and the color stays right where you put it, I never end up with smudges underneath my eyes even after a long day. These apply easily without tugging at your eyelids and blend easily as well. Plus you just can't beat the price, I usually pay just $2 or $3 for these because they're usually on sale.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was very impressed with this product.

For my birthday my sister & a friend ordered me some stuff form Avon. Included was the "Eye Want It" set for brown eyes, which included the Purple Haze Quad, Black Ultra Luxury Eye Liner, Black Super Shock Mascara & the Round Crease Brush - it is rare that I get sets like this and lover every bit of it, but that's the story here.

I typically like the auto-sharpening/retractable type pencils because I am so lazy or in a hurry the messing with sharpening pencils is pretty unappealing to me. I really like Revlon Color stay and the Avon Waterproof glimmersticks, and so I really didn't think much of this pencil, but I followed the directions that dame with the kit to the T to see how it would turn out (because the ad/instruction picture were just stunning) and I was pleasantly surprise.

These are so creamy and glide on effortlessly. Yes, they are a little smudgy, but that is just the nature of kohl pencils - I, for one, like a soft, smudged look and these are perfect. It does not tug, or pull on the skin, and I don't need to pull my eyelid taught to apply it, either. It is a lot like the Rimmel Kohl pencil, but I actually like this one better. The color is nice a dark and pigmented as well, without being to harsh. It is really perfect for a smudgy look.

As others have said, they are not the longest lasting on the waterline, but honestly, nothing ever is for me. I usually only ear liner on my top line anyways, so it doesn't deter me at all. I don't have any issues with is smearing, smudging or giving me raccoon eyes through out the day. If it do wear it on the lower lash line, I just like to set it with a powder so that is doesn't smear (I've been using L'oreal's Lush Raven for this), and pop this little pencil in my bag to touch up mid day, but usually I never do touch up because when it fades, it doesn't look bad. I do actually prefer this method for putting liner on my lash line because some pencil, especially the waterproof ones, either don't transfer onto my water line at all, or they bother my sensitive eyes and cause them to water. This pencil glides onto the water liner effortlessly with full pigmentation and not pushing/irritating my eyes. I can achieve both a smoky or a precise line on my lower lash line depending on how I apply it.

I love to just work it between my lashes quickly, then put on eyeshadow and mascara and I get a soft, defined eye. It makes my lashes look thick, rather then a heavy eyeliner look which is perfect for everyday wear for me.

I liked it so much I new I needed more, and I was quite pleased with the price as well! Regular retail is $6, but they often are on sale for $1.99 - which is a total steal! I am for sure going to try the other colors. I highly recommend them, and I will be stocking up soon!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have pretty high criteria for my eyeliner pencil since an autoimmune condition has caused me to lose all my eyebrow hair and I must draw my brows on my face!

This is the worst eye liner pencil I've tried.

The texture is awful - it doesn't draw on. It rather applies itself like a chalky powdery pencil.

I need a pencil liner that actually DRAWS and this one sort of powders on some colour. I can't get a sharp fine line no matter how many times I sharpen. It's really a useless liner.

The only positive thing I can say is that the liner is a pretty colour (I sampled the Blonde shade).

I think this is the worst eyeliner I have ever bought. I got one in every color, and they all SUCK.
- They don't even go on nice.
- They smudge within 20 minutes.
- They make my eyes water.
- I can't even sharpen them! No matter what sharpener I use, it just won't work.
- The colors aren't pigmented at all, they all seem to have a "smokey grey" effect to them.
I am not a fan of pencils to begin with, but these just turned me away from all Avon eyeliners.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I keep finding myself coming back to Avon's Ultra Luxury Eye Liner pencil in Black. Everything about this eyeliner is fabulous. High pigment color, easy to apply. Goes on smoother than any eyeliner I've ever used. As easily as it applies, it does not smudge. Definitely not waterproof, but it lasts just fine for normal use. The only tradeoff is messy sharpening, but you end up with a nice sharp tip which is impossible with 'self-sharpening' pencils.

on 2/17/2008 2:03:00 PM

This eyeliner is a very good deal for the price. The colors are really nice, and go on with a good amount of pigment. I did find that unless this liner was sharpened right before using, there were a few little clumps of liner that would stick to my eye, but nothing a qtip couldnt fix. One thing that I really like was that the pencils are soft, and dont hurt your eye when applying - even really close to the lash line.

on 2/20/2007 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

These are in my opinion one of the best eyeliner pencils on the market. They go on much smoother than the Glimmersticks and give a much more smudged look also. I have black and brown and the brown is a nice rich color which sometimes is hard to find, some lean towards reddish and others tan. You can't beat the quality for the price! As long as you don't mind having to sharpen your pencils definitely give these a try!!!

on 10/29/2006 6:09:00 PM

I started using Avon pencils back in highschool. While not the best eyeliner I've ever used, I like it quite a bit. I keep buying them over and over because they're so cheap. I love the fact that it doesn't tug my eyelid because it's fairly soft. But as others have stated, because they're soft, they do have a tendency to smudge- also, I hate that black half moon over my eyelid, so I go over it with a dark shadow after applying it. It's a double step, but then it lasts all day! Overall a not bad product at a very good price.

on 5/8/2005 2:44:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a really good eyeliner. They have a good range of colours, and stay on really well. What more can you ask of an eyeliner..save your money on the more expensive ones, and give these a go.