Avon Ultra Luxury Eye Liner

Avon Ultra Luxury Eye Liner

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

ETHYLHEXYL ISOSTEARATE POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE NEOPENTYL GLYCOL DIETHYLHEXANOATE COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX/CIRE DE CARNAUBA EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX/CIRE DE CANDELILLA BORON NITRIDE CERESIN PARAFFIN SILICA TOCOPHEROL ASCORBYL PALMITATE MAY CONTAIN: IRON OXIDES TITANIUM DIOXIDE MICA MANGANESE VIOLET ULTRAMARINES CARMINE CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS BLACK 2 FERRIC FERROCYANIDE YELLOW 5 LAKE ALUMINUM POWDER BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE BLUE 1 LAKE CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN RED 40 LAKE ZINC OXIDE

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I own this in dark brown. It is much softer than the brow pencil (fairly standard) but it is so soft and never sets so it gets everywhere. It is very similar in shade and even works in tone as a brow pencil on my black brows (but is too soft and messy to work with there). The color IS very nice, it's a dark, rich brown without red undertones.

This pencil disappears/smudges to the point of not recognizing it on my bottom lids within two hours. It does stay on my top lid longer, but just fades/smears out as the day goes on, losing any crispness to the line.

Because the formula IS very soft, the tip wears down quickly, and as other reviewers have noted - the wood sucks to be sharpened. It sort of chips/splinters away instead of leaving smoothly.

The contents are standard size - 1.14 g, but in a short pencil format, so it will get stubby and hard to use a lot faster than a longer pencil like NYC or WnW (both of which have better wood).

I'm going to try Avon Glimmersticks once this one is finished (get the wood out of the picture at least!) but I won't rebuy in the luxury eyeliner line.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Avon has a few good products, such as their makeup brushes, and the eye shadow single in brown/black. But this liner is just not going to make the cut. It is not the absolute worst liner I have ever used, but it comes close, and I have noticed the quality of the Ultra Luxury liners has gone down since I last bought it a few years ago. I would not repurchase for a few reasons:

It smudges/smears, and I have dry lids, so that is not due to oily skin. If you line the top of the lid, it quickly ends up in the crease, even before I can get any shadow on.

You have to sharpen frequently because it will not keep a point for more than one use and the wood is not the easiest to sharpen, and I have a good sharpener that has worked with other liners.

The application seems to be a bit greasy, and you do not get a nice smooth line. I do not have to have a totally crisp, sharp line, but it should apply more smoothly.

The only good thing is that is was on sale for $1.99, and the shade itself is a true black, not too charcoal or gray.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was very impressed with this product.

For my birthday my sister & a friend ordered me some stuff form Avon. Included was the "Eye Want It" set for brown eyes, which included the Purple Haze Quad, Black Ultra Luxury Eye Liner, Black Super Shock Mascara & the Round Crease Brush - it is rare that I get sets like this and lover every bit of it, but that's the story here.

I typically like the auto-sharpening/retractable type pencils because I am so lazy or in a hurry the messing with sharpening pencils is pretty unappealing to me. I really like Revlon Color stay and the Avon Waterproof glimmersticks, and so I really didn't think much of this pencil, but I followed the directions that dame with the kit to the T to see how it would turn out (because the ad/instruction picture were just stunning) and I was pleasantly surprise.

These are so creamy and glide on effortlessly. Yes, they are a little smudgy, but that is just the nature of kohl pencils - I, for one, like a soft, smudged look and these are perfect. It does not tug, or pull on the skin, and I don't need to pull my eyelid taught to apply it, either. It is a lot like the Rimmel Kohl pencil, but I actually like this one better. The color is nice a dark and pigmented as well, without being to harsh. It is really perfect for a smudgy look.

As others have said, they are not the longest lasting on the waterline, but honestly, nothing ever is for me. I usually only ear liner on my top line anyways, so it doesn't deter me at all. I don't have any issues with is smearing, smudging or giving me raccoon eyes through out the day. If it do wear it on the lower lash line, I just like to set it with a powder so that is doesn't smear (I've been using L'oreal's Lush Raven for this), and pop this little pencil in my bag to touch up mid day, but usually I never do touch up because when it fades, it doesn't look bad. I do actually prefer this method for putting liner on my lash line because some pencil, especially the waterproof ones, either don't transfer onto my water line at all, or they bother my sensitive eyes and cause them to water. This pencil glides onto the water liner effortlessly with full pigmentation and not pushing/irritating my eyes. I can achieve both a smoky or a precise line on my lower lash line depending on how I apply it.

I love to just work it between my lashes quickly, then put on eyeshadow and mascara and I get a soft, defined eye. It makes my lashes look thick, rather then a heavy eyeliner look which is perfect for everyday wear for me.

I liked it so much I new I needed more, and I was quite pleased with the price as well! Regular retail is $6, but they often are on sale for $1.99 - which is a total steal! I am for sure going to try the other colors. I highly recommend them, and I will be stocking up soon!

on 11/17/2010 4:00:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

A long time ago (like 15 years) I used to sell Avon and used these pencils and loved them, but didn't think they lasted on my eyes long enough. I decided to try them again after doing a lot of internet researching about pencil and kohl eyeliners. Well, this eyeliner goes on very smoothly and has rich color. BUT it doesn't last if you want a very defined line; if you do, you probably need a liquid or mechanical-type liner. However, I decided to try using it and smudging it for a softer look. It worked very well and lasted for about seven hours before I noticed it fading, then I just reapplied it and smudged again (only because I'm going out tonight) for a deeper look.
I used the midnight blue; it's beautiful for my fair skin, blue eyes, dk blonde hair. I think I'll try the charcoal and dk brown, too. And for $1.99 on sale, it's a steal!

on 11/1/2010 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I love this pencil liner because it doesn't smudge on my oily lids and goes on so smooth and buttery. I finally repurchased a black pencil and one eggplant and am very happy with my purchases. When catching a sale, I got them for $1.99 which is super cheap compared to other brands.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

My sister sells Avon products, so I decided to pick this up. I like this eye liner pencil because the color shows up really well and its very well pigmented. (I have the color in black). I apply it on my waterline and it shows up really well there too.
My one gripe on this product is that everytime I put this stuff on my lower waterline my eyes water up so badly..its crazy. Overall, I dont think I would buy this again because it makes my eyes water...I think I am allergic to something in this eye liner because my eyes have never watered before when I used other eye liners. Oh well, back to my Stila Smudge Pot I go...lol

on 5/8/2005 2:44:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a really good eyeliner. They have a good range of colours, and stay on really well. What more can you ask of an eyeliner..save your money on the more expensive ones, and give these a go.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The only black eye liner I've used for the last three years. I love it, and I buy it a couple at a time, because I'm a black eyeliner type of girl. *hearts* I love this!!