Avon Ultra Luxury Eye Liner

Avon Ultra Luxury Eye Liner

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

ETHYLHEXYL ISOSTEARATE POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE NEOPENTYL GLYCOL DIETHYLHEXANOATE COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX/CIRE DE CARNAUBA EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX/CIRE DE CANDELILLA BORON NITRIDE CERESIN PARAFFIN SILICA TOCOPHEROL ASCORBYL PALMITATE MAY CONTAIN: IRON OXIDES TITANIUM DIOXIDE MICA MANGANESE VIOLET ULTRAMARINES CARMINE CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS BLACK 2 FERRIC FERROCYANIDE YELLOW 5 LAKE ALUMINUM POWDER BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE BLUE 1 LAKE CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN RED 40 LAKE ZINC OXIDE

on 10/24/2014 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

What a shame. I used to have this eyeliner years ago and recently repurchased it, in the black shade. I don't know if the quality has gone down since years ago or if I simply don't remember having any issues with it, but this pencil is made with very poor quality wood that sharpens horribly! The pencil is creamy and nicely pigmented, but whenever I need to sharpen it, I end up wasting a lot of the pencil because I can't get a good point, and I have a pretty good eye/lip pencil sharpener! Also, it smudges a lot under my eyes and doesn't stay put on my waterline, but that's with any other pencil eyeliner I've ever used.

I would not repurchase, because even if it did stay on very well, the waste involved during sharpening makes it not worth it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Eyes: Violet

My friend who worked for several years as a waitress swears by these, so I thought I'd give them a try. (How she gets them to last for 10+ hours, I have no idea.) They were on a crazy sale and I just couldn't pass them up. I have every current color except Khaki, which I think they were out of. First, Charcoal and Eggplant are shimmer shades, and are pretty much unusable for the water line. (They just don't transfer, I tried.) I do, however, often use both of them for lash lines. They're very similar to the Glimmersticks line in texture and aren't as powdery as the matte/satin shades. The other three colors I have (Black, Dark Brown, Midnight Blue) work fine on the water line. However, they last about 2 hours before I either have the color everywhere around my eyes, or I have no color at all. When I wear them, I make sure to bring my concealer palette and the appropriate pencil to fix any issues. I have several kohl pencils and these are pretty comparable to those. Black is just your basic, simple, cool-toned black color. Dark Brown is a warm, slightly red-toned earth. Midnight Blue is amazing, just lighter than navy, and really makes violet, blue, and grey eyes pop. Charcoal is a medium, silver-grey with some shimmer. Eggplant is a warm-toned purple, not quite plum, with slight shimmer. All except Charcoal and Eggplant are pretty smudgable, in my experience, which I like.

on 2/22/2012 1:03:00 AM

I got these in a swap but they were colored eyeliners so I was actually kind of thrilled to use them. However, I'm not quite sure if the eyeliners I was swapped were old or what their storage conditioners were prior to me receiving them, but on application they were a little powdery and appeared to apply unevenly. I sharpened them to see if it was just the surface of the pencil that was possibly just dried, but it continued to apply unusually powdery and dithered compared to other pencil eyeliners I've tried.

I was swapped another eyeliner from Avon under their Smooth Mineral line and this one was indeed much smoother on application than both of the Ultra Luxury Eyeliners that I tried. I may end up just throwing them out, which is a pity since I do like colored eyeliners and heard lots of good things about Avon.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Avon Ultra Luxury Eyeliner is a product I've used in almost all of my tutorials. I've used at least 6 of them all the way through. I keep one in my purse, in the car, and one with my every time I do my makeup. Yet I haave a really hard time trying to review it. I've tried twice and failed. I think its because of how basic of a product it is, I feel like I'm stating the obvious. But I will try for a third and hopefully final time.
Avon's Ultra Luxury Eyeliner is a basic eyeliner pencil. They retail for $6 but are usually available with some sort of deal, by one get one, 2 for $4, .99 with a purchase of another item, etc. I'm not sure how much I paid for mine.
Packaging is a standard wood pencil with black coating and a plastic black cap. The cap is doesn't slit like some eyeliner caps do. I rarely have trouble with the wood splintering, unless the blades on my sharpener are dull.
The liner its self is a really good texture, soft and smooth without being gel-like or overly creamy. I'd describe it as feeling velvety.
It applies wonderfully to the waterline and lower lash line, but takes a little more work to apply to the upper lash line. It doesn't tug or pull, but might need two or three strokes to get a full, opaque line without skipping. I hardly ever apply pencil liner up there, so its not a problem I encounter with this pencil anyway.
Wear time on the lids is 8+ hours with minimal fading and smudging. On the waterline I get 2-4 hours of wear before needing to reapply. I counteract the short wear time by setting it with a matte black eyeshadow, after which I get about 6 hours of wear.
Pigmentation is good. It's very dark, but not the darkest black eyeliner I've used. NYX's Black Bean Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil is darker. Swatches can be seen here.
I highly recommend this eyeliner, especially if you can get it at sale price. This is excellent for lining the waterline and tighlining. This has been my go-to black eyeliner for years and will continue to be for quite a while.

on 7/21/2011 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

These are the best pencils you can buy anywhere, better than all the big brands (I personally find Estee lauder and Mac pencils far lower quality than Avon Ultra Luxury pencils), these never drag, are well pigmented (Black: a true black, Dark Brown: and a beautiful dark-grey brown, Midnight blue: a most gorgeous smoky almost indigo-tinged navy black, and Charcoal: a smooth gunmetal grey - the only one I havent tried is the bronze). Fantastic price $3 NZ when on sale and always sharpen beautifully without any splinters or wasted product. Definitely a must buy.

on 8/31/2010 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My mom just gave this to me because she bought 2 of this product. One for herself and for me. I don't like this product. It smudges easily, i like the color but it's not enough for me. It is not long lasting. I'm actually disappointed with this product because i expected that this one will pass my expectation as it is named ULTRA LUXURY eye liner. :(

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have been using this product for a while but no more. I do love the fact it goes on so dark, it glides on easy along my waterline, but the deal breaker which cancels all the good things out is it smudges. The smudging is ridiculous, within an hour it has already worn off a fair bit and smudged underneath my eye which makes me look horrible. My mum has the same problems with it. The amount of times you have to reapply is unbeliveable!! I apply my eyeliner 10 minutes before i go to work, by the time i get there its been another 12 minutes, i look in the car mirror it is already starting to wear off my waterline. If i put it on my lower lash line, whether it's the whole way or just on the outter part, it's even worse.I'm not going to try another avon eyeliner product, i've learnt my lesson.

on 6/12/2009 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

almost the perfect consistency for a pencil if anything could be a little smoother going on, easy to sharpen to a point so you can get alot of control on the width of your line, went on full color. I applied UD primer first. edited 5 to 4 stars ..after 4 hours it had faded in areas which made it look spotty 8 hours later some of the color was in my crease...will try again before deciding not to buy again..edited: color doesnt go on very pigmented...guess I'm getting used to other liners..color completely gone by end of day

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Unfortunately while I think this is a great eyeliner- it goes on soft and smooth, no tugging, great color deposit, doesn't smudge to bad. However every single time I try to use it it makes my eyes cloudy, It feels like I have something in them and my daughter has the same problem.- I suppose if I didn't use it on my waterlines it would be fine but I line my waterlines so this is a no go.

on 6/19/2008 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Pleasantly surprised with this liner!
I'm always trying new eye pencils to see what works best - this one is definitely in my top 5.
Nicely pigmented, soft and blendable, good for tight lining, but melts off the waterline within a few hours.
Overall, not bad for the price!
Personally wouldn't repurchase because I have better liners.