Avon Ultra Luxury Eye Liner

Avon Ultra Luxury Eye Liner

2.8

Price: $

Price: $

ETHYLHEXYL ISOSTEARATE POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE NEOPENTYL GLYCOL DIETHYLHEXANOATE COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX/CIRE DE CARNAUBA EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX/CIRE DE CANDELILLA BORON NITRIDE CERESIN PARAFFIN SILICA TOCOPHEROL ASCORBYL PALMITATE MAY CONTAIN: IRON OXIDES TITANIUM DIOXIDE MICA MANGANESE VIOLET ULTRAMARINES CARMINE CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS BLACK 2 FERRIC FERROCYANIDE YELLOW 5 LAKE ALUMINUM POWDER BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE BLUE 1 LAKE CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN RED 40 LAKE ZINC OXIDE

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have this in black, and I've never been impressed by its performance the handful of times I've tried to work with it. I don't have hooded or oily eyelids (far from it, my eyelids are easily the driest part of my face) so I expect products to stay put.

This never sets and continues to smudge throughout the day giving me an unwanted heroin chic look. It's not the blackest black out there, and it doesn't glide on my skin either (although I know some people prefer slightly harder eyeliners).

However, the worst part about this product is that the wood is of very poor quality and I lost so much product ((at least .5") while sharpening it because the wood would keep splintering. It was a miracle that I ever got to use this product at all as I honestly thought I was going to sharpen it down to nothing without ever using it.

Due to the issues I had with sharpening it, I would not recommend this product to anyone.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

They end up everwhere. Worst!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I tried this b/c my coworker's makeup always looks nice and she said it's the blackest black she's ever used.

The product got on my eyes: great.
No tugging: great.
Stay power: BAD.

I have yet to find a pencil eyeliner that stays put...or a product to keep them in place!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I usually hate black eye liners because they make me look like I got punched in the face, but this eyeliner changed that. It's a very dark black and goes on smoothly and easily. It has staying power and didn't smudge. The only thing I don't like about this is sometimes it irritates my eyes when I use it on my waterline. So I usually use this on top and my CG eyeliner on the bottom.

on 9/4/2010 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I keep going back to this eyeliner in black for my daily office eye make up. The texture is creamy, does not pull the eye lids, never dries on me, does not smudges into my eye lids, stay all day. The only drawback is it needs to be sharpened so to ensure smooth application. The black is a rich black, and it also comes in many other lovely shades. Very affordable eye liner!

on 5/3/2010 5:05:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Out of all the Avon Liners I've tried, this one was my favorite. It was very creamy, i really liked the consistency. Its creamy but still holds its shape so the perfect medium. However, I do not like liners that I have to sharpen, so I do not use this much and I do not think I'll repurchase.

When I first got this, I was excited, since purple (I got this in Eggplant) is so "in" lately and the pencil looked luxe. Oh I was so fooled! It is impossible to put on my lids, and I usually don't have a problem with eyeliner. I have to apply really hard to "glide" it across my lids and let's not even get started on the bottom lash line..the purple shows up, but barely, and only after several painful draws across my delicate eye area. Ultra Luxury? Yea right.

I would never buy this product again i bought it in midnight blue and eggplnat first off the pencil breaks all the time and is a pain in the ass to sharpne wasting products. the pigment is good but the colors i bought looked dull and bruise like. When i try to appy to my lids the pencil tugs and brakes.....what a waste!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Midnight Blue

I don't understand why everyone else thinks it's that great. I have this in midnight blue. It smudges within minutes on my eyelids. The color is dull on me and honestly, it looks like bruise color. It also tugs on my lids. I have to drag it backan forth to prevent the bruise color. At the same time it's very hard to sharpen and breaks very easily, wasting a lot of product. Argh. How disappointing and I will not repurchase. This color at least, is garbage.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

While I hate Avon's Glimmersticks, I love these pencils. They're as good as many that cost more and are among the few I've used down to a stub. The only reason I took off a lippie is that in order to get an easy, no-waste tip I had to buy Avon's sharpener. It was inexpensive too, but with countless sharpeners already on hand, some the right size, it annoyed me that I had to add another to the arsenal. Still, a wonderful, long-lasting liner.