Avon Ultra Luxury Eye Liner

Avon Ultra Luxury Eye Liner

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

ETHYLHEXYL ISOSTEARATE POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE NEOPENTYL GLYCOL DIETHYLHEXANOATE COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX/CIRE DE CARNAUBA EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX/CIRE DE CANDELILLA BORON NITRIDE CERESIN PARAFFIN SILICA TOCOPHEROL ASCORBYL PALMITATE MAY CONTAIN: IRON OXIDES TITANIUM DIOXIDE MICA MANGANESE VIOLET ULTRAMARINES CARMINE CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS BLACK 2 FERRIC FERROCYANIDE YELLOW 5 LAKE ALUMINUM POWDER BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE BLUE 1 LAKE CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN RED 40 LAKE ZINC OXIDE

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Avon has a few good products, such as their makeup brushes, and the eye shadow single in brown/black. But this liner is just not going to make the cut. It is not the absolute worst liner I have ever used, but it comes close, and I have noticed the quality of the Ultra Luxury liners has gone down since I last bought it a few years ago. I would not repurchase for a few reasons:

It smudges/smears, and I have dry lids, so that is not due to oily skin. If you line the top of the lid, it quickly ends up in the crease, even before I can get any shadow on.

You have to sharpen frequently because it will not keep a point for more than one use and the wood is not the easiest to sharpen, and I have a good sharpener that has worked with other liners.

The application seems to be a bit greasy, and you do not get a nice smooth line. I do not have to have a totally crisp, sharp line, but it should apply more smoothly.

The only good thing is that is was on sale for $1.99, and the shade itself is a true black, not too charcoal or gray.

Poor staying-power. Midnight Blue is a nice shade though

on 2/22/2012 1:03:00 AM

I got these in a swap but they were colored eyeliners so I was actually kind of thrilled to use them. However, I'm not quite sure if the eyeliners I was swapped were old or what their storage conditioners were prior to me receiving them, but on application they were a little powdery and appeared to apply unevenly. I sharpened them to see if it was just the surface of the pencil that was possibly just dried, but it continued to apply unusually powdery and dithered compared to other pencil eyeliners I've tried.

I was swapped another eyeliner from Avon under their Smooth Mineral line and this one was indeed much smoother on application than both of the Ultra Luxury Eyeliners that I tried. I may end up just throwing them out, which is a pity since I do like colored eyeliners and heard lots of good things about Avon.

Smooth and one of the only eyeliners I can use on my water line.

on 3/8/2011 10:39:00 PM

I've been using Avon's Ultra Luxury Eye Liners for years now and I love them. I find the wear is durable and the color stays right where you put it, I never end up with smudges underneath my eyes even after a long day. These apply easily without tugging at your eyelids and blend easily as well. Plus you just can't beat the price, I usually pay just $2 or $3 for these because they're usually on sale.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was very impressed with this product.

For my birthday my sister & a friend ordered me some stuff form Avon. Included was the "Eye Want It" set for brown eyes, which included the Purple Haze Quad, Black Ultra Luxury Eye Liner, Black Super Shock Mascara & the Round Crease Brush - it is rare that I get sets like this and lover every bit of it, but that's the story here.

I typically like the auto-sharpening/retractable type pencils because I am so lazy or in a hurry the messing with sharpening pencils is pretty unappealing to me. I really like Revlon Color stay and the Avon Waterproof glimmersticks, and so I really didn't think much of this pencil, but I followed the directions that dame with the kit to the T to see how it would turn out (because the ad/instruction picture were just stunning) and I was pleasantly surprise.

These are so creamy and glide on effortlessly. Yes, they are a little smudgy, but that is just the nature of kohl pencils - I, for one, like a soft, smudged look and these are perfect. It does not tug, or pull on the skin, and I don't need to pull my eyelid taught to apply it, either. It is a lot like the Rimmel Kohl pencil, but I actually like this one better. The color is nice a dark and pigmented as well, without being to harsh. It is really perfect for a smudgy look.

As others have said, they are not the longest lasting on the waterline, but honestly, nothing ever is for me. I usually only ear liner on my top line anyways, so it doesn't deter me at all. I don't have any issues with is smearing, smudging or giving me raccoon eyes through out the day. If it do wear it on the lower lash line, I just like to set it with a powder so that is doesn't smear (I've been using L'oreal's Lush Raven for this), and pop this little pencil in my bag to touch up mid day, but usually I never do touch up because when it fades, it doesn't look bad. I do actually prefer this method for putting liner on my lash line because some pencil, especially the waterproof ones, either don't transfer onto my water line at all, or they bother my sensitive eyes and cause them to water. This pencil glides onto the water liner effortlessly with full pigmentation and not pushing/irritating my eyes. I can achieve both a smoky or a precise line on my lower lash line depending on how I apply it.

I love to just work it between my lashes quickly, then put on eyeshadow and mascara and I get a soft, defined eye. It makes my lashes look thick, rather then a heavy eyeliner look which is perfect for everyday wear for me.

I liked it so much I new I needed more, and I was quite pleased with the price as well! Regular retail is $6, but they often are on sale for $1.99 - which is a total steal! I am for sure going to try the other colors. I highly recommend them, and I will be stocking up soon!

on 9/4/2010 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I keep going back to this eyeliner in black for my daily office eye make up. The texture is creamy, does not pull the eye lids, never dries on me, does not smudges into my eye lids, stay all day. The only drawback is it needs to be sharpened so to ensure smooth application. The black is a rich black, and it also comes in many other lovely shades. Very affordable eye liner!

on 6/28/2010 6:56:00 PM

My boyfriend said, "I don't know why I have this, but here - you could have it" I didn't think much of it - I just thought it would be like every other eyeliner and smudge after 15 minutes of being in hot weather or humidity. BUT - last night, I went out to run, jog, basically work out. I came home took a long, hot shower. i got out looked in the mirror and my eye-liner was still ON MY LID. It It didn't look completley fresh, but it was still on my lid. I've never had an eyeliner do that. I'm so happy to have this - It works amazing. I would recommend this to ANYBODY. Serioulsy. Oh, and it goes on soooo smoothly. It's so creamy and nice. There's no pulling - all I do is wipe my tear-duct with my clean finger and apply. Def a 5/5

on 5/3/2010 5:05:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Out of all the Avon Liners I've tried, this one was my favorite. It was very creamy, i really liked the consistency. Its creamy but still holds its shape so the perfect medium. However, I do not like liners that I have to sharpen, so I do not use this much and I do not think I'll repurchase.

on 6/12/2009 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

almost the perfect consistency for a pencil if anything could be a little smoother going on, easy to sharpen to a point so you can get alot of control on the width of your line, went on full color. I applied UD primer first. edited 5 to 4 stars ..after 4 hours it had faded in areas which made it look spotty 8 hours later some of the color was in my crease...will try again before deciding not to buy again..edited: color doesnt go on very pigmented...guess I'm getting used to other liners..color completely gone by end of day