Avon Ultra Luxury Eye Liner

Avon Ultra Luxury Eye Liner

3.3

Price: $

Price: $

ETHYLHEXYL ISOSTEARATE POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE NEOPENTYL GLYCOL DIETHYLHEXANOATE COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX/CIRE DE CARNAUBA EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX/CIRE DE CANDELILLA BORON NITRIDE CERESIN PARAFFIN SILICA TOCOPHEROL ASCORBYL PALMITATE MAY CONTAIN: IRON OXIDES TITANIUM DIOXIDE MICA MANGANESE VIOLET ULTRAMARINES CARMINE CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS BLACK 2 FERRIC FERROCYANIDE YELLOW 5 LAKE ALUMINUM POWDER BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE BLUE 1 LAKE CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN RED 40 LAKE ZINC OXIDE

on 10/24/2014 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

What a shame. I used to have this eyeliner years ago and recently repurchased it, in the black shade. I don't know if the quality has gone down since years ago or if I simply don't remember having any issues with it, but this pencil is made with very poor quality wood that sharpens horribly! The pencil is creamy and nicely pigmented, but whenever I need to sharpen it, I end up wasting a lot of the pencil because I can't get a good point, and I have a pretty good eye/lip pencil sharpener! Also, it smudges a lot under my eyes and doesn't stay put on my waterline, but that's with any other pencil eyeliner I've ever used.

I would not repurchase, because even if it did stay on very well, the waste involved during sharpening makes it not worth it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Eyes: Violet

My friend who worked for several years as a waitress swears by these, so I thought I'd give them a try. (How she gets them to last for 10+ hours, I have no idea.) They were on a crazy sale and I just couldn't pass them up. I have every current color except Khaki, which I think they were out of. First, Charcoal and Eggplant are shimmer shades, and are pretty much unusable for the water line. (They just don't transfer, I tried.) I do, however, often use both of them for lash lines. They're very similar to the Glimmersticks line in texture and aren't as powdery as the matte/satin shades. The other three colors I have (Black, Dark Brown, Midnight Blue) work fine on the water line. However, they last about 2 hours before I either have the color everywhere around my eyes, or I have no color at all. When I wear them, I make sure to bring my concealer palette and the appropriate pencil to fix any issues. I have several kohl pencils and these are pretty comparable to those. Black is just your basic, simple, cool-toned black color. Dark Brown is a warm, slightly red-toned earth. Midnight Blue is amazing, just lighter than navy, and really makes violet, blue, and grey eyes pop. Charcoal is a medium, silver-grey with some shimmer. Eggplant is a warm-toned purple, not quite plum, with slight shimmer. All except Charcoal and Eggplant are pretty smudgable, in my experience, which I like.

on 6/28/2010 6:56:00 PM

My boyfriend said, "I don't know why I have this, but here - you could have it" I didn't think much of it - I just thought it would be like every other eyeliner and smudge after 15 minutes of being in hot weather or humidity. BUT - last night, I went out to run, jog, basically work out. I came home took a long, hot shower. i got out looked in the mirror and my eye-liner was still ON MY LID. It It didn't look completley fresh, but it was still on my lid. I've never had an eyeliner do that. I'm so happy to have this - It works amazing. I would recommend this to ANYBODY. Serioulsy. Oh, and it goes on soooo smoothly. It's so creamy and nice. There's no pulling - all I do is wipe my tear-duct with my clean finger and apply. Def a 5/5

I have this in black and by the end of the day it smudges and I have racoon eyes. Not a cute look:( I got this in a swap so I'm glad I didn't waste money on this. Useless eyeliner IMO. There are way better ones out there that actually stay put.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

My sister sells Avon products, so I decided to pick this up. I like this eye liner pencil because the color shows up really well and its very well pigmented. (I have the color in black). I apply it on my waterline and it shows up really well there too.
My one gripe on this product is that everytime I put this stuff on my lower waterline my eyes water up so badly..its crazy. Overall, I dont think I would buy this again because it makes my eyes water...I think I am allergic to something in this eye liner because my eyes have never watered before when I used other eye liners. Oh well, back to my Stila Smudge Pot I go...lol

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Midnight Blue

I don't understand why everyone else thinks it's that great. I have this in midnight blue. It smudges within minutes on my eyelids. The color is dull on me and honestly, it looks like bruise color. It also tugs on my lids. I have to drag it backan forth to prevent the bruise color. At the same time it's very hard to sharpen and breaks very easily, wasting a lot of product. Argh. How disappointing and I will not repurchase. This color at least, is garbage.

on 1/24/2007 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE these.Charcoal is my favorite, a beautiful pearly dark grey, and Khaki is a close second, olive with a little gold shimmer.These are the pencils I reach for when I am in a hurry and don't have time to think about my makeup because they go on like a dream, look fantastic and stay put very well.I will be buying these as long as they keep making them!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This eyeliner is a close second compared to my Glimmersticks eye liner, and I have it in Bronze. Someone below mentioned that they discontinued this shade; it really sucks since it's a gorgeous color that brings out the blue in my eyes. The only problem I have with it is that for some reason, my pencil is extremely hard to sharpen, and I've ruined a lot of the crayon just trying to get it sharp again. Besides that, it's a really great eyeliner.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This eyeliner glides on smoothly..it works well with the smokey eye effect. I agree with other reviewer about it's durability. The tip breaks off when I sharpen it. To prevent the tip from breaking, I put the eyeliner in the refridgerator a day before i sharpen it.

on 1/21/2005 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is great! I have tried tons of eyeliners and this one is so far the best that I've tried. I have this in black and plan on getting more colors. This eyeliner does not smudge, it is very easy to apply and is dirt cheap! (on sale for 2.00. you can't beat that). I even bought some for my mom and my sister. :) UPDATE: okay..this does smudge a bit when i use it as a liner on my lash line but it's great to line the inner rims of your eyes. It's still a great buy though!