Avon Ultra Luxury Eye Liner

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Avon Ultra Luxury Eye Liner

3.5

ETHYLHEXYL ISOSTEARATE POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE NEOPENTYL GLYCOL DIETHYLHEXANOATE COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX/CIRE DE CARNAUBA EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX/CIRE DE CANDELILLA BORON NITRIDE CERESIN PARAFFIN SILICA TOCOPHEROL ASCORBYL PALMITATE MAY CONTAIN: IRON OXIDES TITANIUM DIOXIDE MICA MANGANESE VIOLET ULTRAMARINES CARMINE CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS BLACK 2 FERRIC FERROCYANIDE YELLOW 5 LAKE ALUMINUM POWDER BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE BLUE 1 LAKE CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN RED 40 LAKE ZINC OXIDE

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Avon has a few good products, such as their makeup brushes, and the eye shadow single in brown/black. But this liner is just not going to make the cut. It is not the absolute worst liner I have ever used, but it comes close, and I have noticed the quality of the Ultra Luxury liners has gone down since I last bought it a few years ago. I would not repurchase for a few reasons:

It smudges/smears, and I have dry lids, so that is not due to oily skin. If you line the top of the lid, it quickly ends up in the crease, even before I can get any shadow on.

You have to sharpen frequently because it will not keep a point for more than one use and the wood is not the easiest to sharpen, and I have a good sharpener that has worked with other liners.

The application seems to be a bit greasy, and you do not get a nice smooth line. I do not have to have a totally crisp, sharp line, but it should apply more smoothly.

The only good thing is that is was on sale for $1.99, and the shade itself is a true black, not too charcoal or gray.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have this in black, and I've never been impressed by its performance the handful of times I've tried to work with it. I don't have hooded or oily eyelids (far from it, my eyelids are easily the driest part of my face) so I expect products to stay put.

This never sets and continues to smudge throughout the day giving me an unwanted heroin chic look. It's not the blackest black out there, and it doesn't glide on my skin either (although I know some people prefer slightly harder eyeliners).

However, the worst part about this product is that the wood is of very poor quality and I lost so much product ((at least .5") while sharpening it because the wood would keep splintering. It was a miracle that I ever got to use this product at all as I honestly thought I was going to sharpen it down to nothing without ever using it.

Due to the issues I had with sharpening it, I would not recommend this product to anyone.

on 5/21/2012 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I don't think Avon gets much love or attention because for some its hard to find a representative. Luckily for me on the way to Westfield, this lovely mum handed me a brochure and a starter pack if I ever decided to become a rep myself.

As a child I used to envy my neighbours for having Avon catalogues and products because I used to think it was exclusive. Now that I've grown up, I still like their products, the 'exclusivity'. I think ALL of their cosmetics are great value for money.

ANYWAY getting to the actual product itself - GREAT, HG FOR ME, CHEAP AND SMOOTH. I like it better than Lancome eyeliners. It is the smoothest eyeliner I've ever used. I don't use this on my waterline because the dark brown is too dark for me and ends up looking like black eyeliner so I don't know how this wears on the lower lashes but it does not crease or smear on my eyelids. It stays on forever and is a dream to remove. I will be repurchasing this again and again and it is CHEAPER than the cheapest 'drugstore' eyeliners.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I like this product because its eaasy to apply, it was very smooth. It does smudge a little but i can always set the liner. Overall i would buy this again because the colour is great.:)

on 9/4/2010 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I keep going back to this eyeliner in black for my daily office eye make up. The texture is creamy, does not pull the eye lids, never dries on me, does not smudges into my eye lids, stay all day. The only drawback is it needs to be sharpened so to ensure smooth application. The black is a rich black, and it also comes in many other lovely shades. Very affordable eye liner!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I love the fact that My eyes can drool and this will not bleed all over my face. Im in a sorority and we party our asses off and this eyeliner will stay wherever i put it. This out beat my covergirl eyeliner but 10 folds.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have been using this product for a while but no more. I do love the fact it goes on so dark, it glides on easy along my waterline, but the deal breaker which cancels all the good things out is it smudges. The smudging is ridiculous, within an hour it has already worn off a fair bit and smudged underneath my eye which makes me look horrible. My mum has the same problems with it. The amount of times you have to reapply is unbeliveable!! I apply my eyeliner 10 minutes before i go to work, by the time i get there its been another 12 minutes, i look in the car mirror it is already starting to wear off my waterline. If i put it on my lower lash line, whether it's the whole way or just on the outter part, it's even worse.I'm not going to try another avon eyeliner product, i've learnt my lesson.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have pretty high criteria for my eyeliner pencil since an autoimmune condition has caused me to lose all my eyebrow hair and I must draw my brows on my face!

This is the worst eye liner pencil I've tried.

The texture is awful - it doesn't draw on. It rather applies itself like a chalky powdery pencil.

I need a pencil liner that actually DRAWS and this one sort of powders on some colour. I can't get a sharp fine line no matter how many times I sharpen. It's really a useless liner.

The only positive thing I can say is that the liner is a pretty colour (I sampled the Blonde shade).

The eyeliner is okay. It has a creamy texture to it. However it has a tendency to smudge all over the place. When placed on the waterline, it glides on somewhat smoothly, but it doesnt stay on your waterline for long. It is great for smudging out in a smoky eye sort of way and is, in a sense, easy to remove. One thing that annoyed me about the eyeliner was that you had to constantly sharpen the pencil to maintain a point. All in all, it was a decent eyeliner but i probably would not buy it again just because it doesnt stay on the waterline.

on 2/7/2009 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Omgsh this is sooo creamy and easy to put on! It glids soo eaily on your lids!!

the only con for me is it does smudge abit but thats after I wore it for 4-5 hours in a super hot day so that's awesome!!

Will defo buy again since is not that expensive either! Yay