Avon Ultra Luxury Eye Liner

Avon Ultra Luxury Eye Liner

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

ETHYLHEXYL ISOSTEARATE POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE NEOPENTYL GLYCOL DIETHYLHEXANOATE COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX/CIRE DE CARNAUBA EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX/CIRE DE CANDELILLA BORON NITRIDE CERESIN PARAFFIN SILICA TOCOPHEROL ASCORBYL PALMITATE MAY CONTAIN: IRON OXIDES TITANIUM DIOXIDE MICA MANGANESE VIOLET ULTRAMARINES CARMINE CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS BLACK 2 FERRIC FERROCYANIDE YELLOW 5 LAKE ALUMINUM POWDER BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE BLUE 1 LAKE CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN RED 40 LAKE ZINC OXIDE

on 5/21/2012 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I don't think Avon gets much love or attention because for some its hard to find a representative. Luckily for me on the way to Westfield, this lovely mum handed me a brochure and a starter pack if I ever decided to become a rep myself.

As a child I used to envy my neighbours for having Avon catalogues and products because I used to think it was exclusive. Now that I've grown up, I still like their products, the 'exclusivity'. I think ALL of their cosmetics are great value for money.

ANYWAY getting to the actual product itself - GREAT, HG FOR ME, CHEAP AND SMOOTH. I like it better than Lancome eyeliners. It is the smoothest eyeliner I've ever used. I don't use this on my waterline because the dark brown is too dark for me and ends up looking like black eyeliner so I don't know how this wears on the lower lashes but it does not crease or smear on my eyelids. It stays on forever and is a dream to remove. I will be repurchasing this again and again and it is CHEAPER than the cheapest 'drugstore' eyeliners.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Avon Ultra Luxury Eyeliner is a product I've used in almost all of my tutorials. I've used at least 6 of them all the way through. I keep one in my purse, in the car, and one with my every time I do my makeup. Yet I haave a really hard time trying to review it. I've tried twice and failed. I think its because of how basic of a product it is, I feel like I'm stating the obvious. But I will try for a third and hopefully final time.
Avon's Ultra Luxury Eyeliner is a basic eyeliner pencil. They retail for $6 but are usually available with some sort of deal, by one get one, 2 for $4, .99 with a purchase of another item, etc. I'm not sure how much I paid for mine.
Packaging is a standard wood pencil with black coating and a plastic black cap. The cap is doesn't slit like some eyeliner caps do. I rarely have trouble with the wood splintering, unless the blades on my sharpener are dull.
The liner its self is a really good texture, soft and smooth without being gel-like or overly creamy. I'd describe it as feeling velvety.
It applies wonderfully to the waterline and lower lash line, but takes a little more work to apply to the upper lash line. It doesn't tug or pull, but might need two or three strokes to get a full, opaque line without skipping. I hardly ever apply pencil liner up there, so its not a problem I encounter with this pencil anyway.
Wear time on the lids is 8+ hours with minimal fading and smudging. On the waterline I get 2-4 hours of wear before needing to reapply. I counteract the short wear time by setting it with a matte black eyeshadow, after which I get about 6 hours of wear.
Pigmentation is good. It's very dark, but not the darkest black eyeliner I've used. NYX's Black Bean Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil is darker. Swatches can be seen here.
I highly recommend this eyeliner, especially if you can get it at sale price. This is excellent for lining the waterline and tighlining. This has been my go-to black eyeliner for years and will continue to be for quite a while.

on 7/21/2011 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

These are the best pencils you can buy anywhere, better than all the big brands (I personally find Estee lauder and Mac pencils far lower quality than Avon Ultra Luxury pencils), these never drag, are well pigmented (Black: a true black, Dark Brown: and a beautiful dark-grey brown, Midnight blue: a most gorgeous smoky almost indigo-tinged navy black, and Charcoal: a smooth gunmetal grey - the only one I havent tried is the bronze). Fantastic price $3 NZ when on sale and always sharpen beautifully without any splinters or wasted product. Definitely a must buy.

Smooth and one of the only eyeliners I can use on my water line.

on 3/8/2011 10:39:00 PM

I've been using Avon's Ultra Luxury Eye Liners for years now and I love them. I find the wear is durable and the color stays right where you put it, I never end up with smudges underneath my eyes even after a long day. These apply easily without tugging at your eyelids and blend easily as well. Plus you just can't beat the price, I usually pay just $2 or $3 for these because they're usually on sale.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was very impressed with this product.

For my birthday my sister & a friend ordered me some stuff form Avon. Included was the "Eye Want It" set for brown eyes, which included the Purple Haze Quad, Black Ultra Luxury Eye Liner, Black Super Shock Mascara & the Round Crease Brush - it is rare that I get sets like this and lover every bit of it, but that's the story here.

I typically like the auto-sharpening/retractable type pencils because I am so lazy or in a hurry the messing with sharpening pencils is pretty unappealing to me. I really like Revlon Color stay and the Avon Waterproof glimmersticks, and so I really didn't think much of this pencil, but I followed the directions that dame with the kit to the T to see how it would turn out (because the ad/instruction picture were just stunning) and I was pleasantly surprise.

These are so creamy and glide on effortlessly. Yes, they are a little smudgy, but that is just the nature of kohl pencils - I, for one, like a soft, smudged look and these are perfect. It does not tug, or pull on the skin, and I don't need to pull my eyelid taught to apply it, either. It is a lot like the Rimmel Kohl pencil, but I actually like this one better. The color is nice a dark and pigmented as well, without being to harsh. It is really perfect for a smudgy look.

As others have said, they are not the longest lasting on the waterline, but honestly, nothing ever is for me. I usually only ear liner on my top line anyways, so it doesn't deter me at all. I don't have any issues with is smearing, smudging or giving me raccoon eyes through out the day. If it do wear it on the lower lash line, I just like to set it with a powder so that is doesn't smear (I've been using L'oreal's Lush Raven for this), and pop this little pencil in my bag to touch up mid day, but usually I never do touch up because when it fades, it doesn't look bad. I do actually prefer this method for putting liner on my lash line because some pencil, especially the waterproof ones, either don't transfer onto my water line at all, or they bother my sensitive eyes and cause them to water. This pencil glides onto the water liner effortlessly with full pigmentation and not pushing/irritating my eyes. I can achieve both a smoky or a precise line on my lower lash line depending on how I apply it.

I love to just work it between my lashes quickly, then put on eyeshadow and mascara and I get a soft, defined eye. It makes my lashes look thick, rather then a heavy eyeliner look which is perfect for everyday wear for me.

I liked it so much I new I needed more, and I was quite pleased with the price as well! Regular retail is $6, but they often are on sale for $1.99 - which is a total steal! I am for sure going to try the other colors. I highly recommend them, and I will be stocking up soon!

on 11/1/2010 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I love this pencil liner because it doesn't smudge on my oily lids and goes on so smooth and buttery. I finally repurchased a black pencil and one eggplant and am very happy with my purchases. When catching a sale, I got them for $1.99 which is super cheap compared to other brands.

on 10/13/2010 5:55:00 PM

Absolutely love this product. Glides on smooth and flatters the eyes. Very easy to get up close to the lash line. I will be purchasing in other colors.

on 9/4/2010 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I keep going back to this eyeliner in black for my daily office eye make up. The texture is creamy, does not pull the eye lids, never dries on me, does not smudges into my eye lids, stay all day. The only drawback is it needs to be sharpened so to ensure smooth application. The black is a rich black, and it also comes in many other lovely shades. Very affordable eye liner!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I love the fact that My eyes can drool and this will not bleed all over my face. Im in a sorority and we party our asses off and this eyeliner will stay wherever i put it. This out beat my covergirl eyeliner but 10 folds.