Avon Ultra Luxury Eye Liner

Avon Ultra Luxury Eye Liner

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

ETHYLHEXYL ISOSTEARATE POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE NEOPENTYL GLYCOL DIETHYLHEXANOATE COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX/CIRE DE CARNAUBA EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX/CIRE DE CANDELILLA BORON NITRIDE CERESIN PARAFFIN SILICA TOCOPHEROL ASCORBYL PALMITATE MAY CONTAIN: IRON OXIDES TITANIUM DIOXIDE MICA MANGANESE VIOLET ULTRAMARINES CARMINE CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS BLACK 2 FERRIC FERROCYANIDE YELLOW 5 LAKE ALUMINUM POWDER BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE BLUE 1 LAKE CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN RED 40 LAKE ZINC OXIDE

In my opinion, this e/l is one of the bast kept secrets in the m/u industry. Mention the word AVON at some department store cosmetics counters (NOT ALL, but most!!), and they may try to wash your mouth out with some foaming facial cleanser. I've always wondered why, since AVON has some of the most state-of -the -art labs, research teams, and product developers in the world.
I am NOT an Avon rep, and I do not like some of their products, but there are certain Avon products I am loyal to, and these e/l are definetly one of them. I own Lancome's Kohl Pencil, and these are just as good. And, these are SOOOOO cheap! The absolute top dollar you will pay for this e/l is $5.oo each. Sometimes, you can find them in the book for $1.99! Compare that to Lancome's $23.oo, OMG!
I much prefer these Ultra luxury pencils over the self-sharpening, automatic eyeliners in any brand. There is no pulling and tugging to these, the color is always creamy and easy to apply.
They are very pigmented, and the black is a wonderful rich shade.I also love the bark brown. They have lots of shades to chose from.
Lots of cheaper eyeliners go on very waxy and light, but these are very concentrated, and they sharpen to a fine point just like I prefer.
The only thing that make these e/l not high end is the low price. These are cheap enough to keep some at home, one for the office, and one for your purse, etc.
I also like the Ultra Luxury Lip and Brow Pencils, and they are the same price.
****If this e/l is a little too creamy for you (some don't care for an easy to smudge formula) just pop them in your fridge. This will make the formula a little less soft, but still easy to apply.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Avon Ultra Luxury Eyeliner is a product I've used in almost all of my tutorials. I've used at least 6 of them all the way through. I keep one in my purse, in the car, and one with my every time I do my makeup. Yet I haave a really hard time trying to review it. I've tried twice and failed. I think its because of how basic of a product it is, I feel like I'm stating the obvious. But I will try for a third and hopefully final time.
Avon's Ultra Luxury Eyeliner is a basic eyeliner pencil. They retail for $6 but are usually available with some sort of deal, by one get one, 2 for $4, .99 with a purchase of another item, etc. I'm not sure how much I paid for mine.
Packaging is a standard wood pencil with black coating and a plastic black cap. The cap is doesn't slit like some eyeliner caps do. I rarely have trouble with the wood splintering, unless the blades on my sharpener are dull.
The liner its self is a really good texture, soft and smooth without being gel-like or overly creamy. I'd describe it as feeling velvety.
It applies wonderfully to the waterline and lower lash line, but takes a little more work to apply to the upper lash line. It doesn't tug or pull, but might need two or three strokes to get a full, opaque line without skipping. I hardly ever apply pencil liner up there, so its not a problem I encounter with this pencil anyway.
Wear time on the lids is 8+ hours with minimal fading and smudging. On the waterline I get 2-4 hours of wear before needing to reapply. I counteract the short wear time by setting it with a matte black eyeshadow, after which I get about 6 hours of wear.
Pigmentation is good. It's very dark, but not the darkest black eyeliner I've used. NYX's Black Bean Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil is darker. Swatches can be seen here.
I highly recommend this eyeliner, especially if you can get it at sale price. This is excellent for lining the waterline and tighlining. This has been my go-to black eyeliner for years and will continue to be for quite a while.

Wow. This sucks. This is horrible. I bought this in brown for about 1.99 on sale. I was really excited to use it b/c of the good reviews here and also, when I swatched it on my hand, it was creamy and dark enough.
But it's also TOO creamy. Within an hour, I will have dark circles.
Horrible.

on 5/30/2008 11:53:00 PM

I was addicted to Lancome's Kohl liners which were over $20/pencil. Then my friend who sells Avon sent me a catalog. I never thought I would buy anything from Avon, but to amuse her, I bought a few "small" items for fun. To my amazement, this pencil is wonderful. Goes on smoothly and costs a fraction of the others. It lasts all day. And it goes on dark, could also go on light if you don't use as much pressure, smudges for the smokey look, it wears many hats. It doesn't "pull" your sensitive skin around your eye.

Now whenever I see them "on sale" for $1.99 or so, I buy 3 at a time. What a good bargain! Love it.

on 4/21/2008 9:48:00 AM

I am generally not an Avon fan, but purchased this based on the reviews here and am not disappointed. During a recent Chanel makeover, they applied navy eyeliner, I loved the look but after a few hours the Chanel liner had chipped off and looked quite a mess. Purchased Avon in midnight blue, it applies smoothly and effortlessly, smudges well and wears extremely well. So there you go, quality is not always synonymous with a high pricetag.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

They end up everwhere. Worst!

Poor staying-power. Midnight Blue is a nice shade though

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I usually hate black eye liners because they make me look like I got punched in the face, but this eyeliner changed that. It's a very dark black and goes on smoothly and easily. It has staying power and didn't smudge. The only thing I don't like about this is sometimes it irritates my eyes when I use it on my waterline. So I usually use this on top and my CG eyeliner on the bottom.

on 8/18/2009 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

i LOVE this eyeliner! when i first came across it in my mom's makeup drawer, i had no expectations, i just wanted to try it out. i had no idea it would become one of my every day essentials with makeup! it is soooo smooth, all you need really is a gentle tap for the color to show up! you don't have to apply pressure and hurt your eyelids AT ALL. i use it everyday, and it lasts for a really long time. the colors are verry rich too. right now all i have is a stub, so i need to order some new ones asap! <3

on 6/12/2009 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

almost the perfect consistency for a pencil if anything could be a little smoother going on, easy to sharpen to a point so you can get alot of control on the width of your line, went on full color. I applied UD primer first. edited 5 to 4 stars ..after 4 hours it had faded in areas which made it look spotty 8 hours later some of the color was in my crease...will try again before deciding not to buy again..edited: color doesnt go on very pigmented...guess I'm getting used to other liners..color completely gone by end of day