Oxy Oxy 10 Balance Maximum Strength Acne Wash

Oxy Oxy 10 Balance Maximum Strength Acne Wash

4.1

Active Ingredients: Benzoyl Peroxide (10%) (Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Anhydrous Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Water (Purified), Sodium Citrate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Xanthan Gum

if you are suffering from acne especially the cystic ones, this product is the best there is around.

i have had difficult and persistent cystic acne before which i have managed to control for about a year or so by using acid toners and peels. but in the end they are now not so useful anymore and it seemed like their potency decreases once your skin gets too acidic that would require you to pause it for a month or two then come back again but still with the same less ineffective results. i realized i really needed a good moisturizer and acne cleanser instead of just using a gentle cleanser with an acid toner without anymore moisturizer because at some point in my life even if i have managed to control the acne my facial skin has gotten scaly and super dry and i really started looking older than my age.

thanks to this product which has exceeded my expectations along with the clinique dramatically diff moisturizing gel.im a hundred percent clear now without the dryness and scaliness of my face.

here is my routine for my cystic acne:

am
oxy wash
clinique gel moisturizer

pm
bioderma sensibo micellar water for makeup removal
oxy wash
clinique gel moisturizer

as simple as this routine made me clear without the accompanying dryness and redness of skin. i love oxy face wash, it just gets rid of my cystic acne really quick.

definitely my HG.👍🏻

on 9/21/2015 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I get hormonal breakouts and usually the products with salicylic acid don't work on me. Before this, I was using a face wash that contained 2% benzoyl peroxide and it did a pretty decent job on my skin, but when I ran out of product I wanted to try something else since I wasn't completely convinced. I was wandering around the skin care area when I stumbled upon this product, and when I read that this was 10% benzoyl peroxide I decided to give it a try. I bought this for only $5 and wow, it did wonders for my skin! I have clear skin and the occasional hormonal breakouts are minimal! Now I can't go on a day without using it! Finally found my HG face wash!

To Read all 100 Reviews, Login or Join

I used to use this and it helped keep my acne under control without being as drying as other acne washes, but now I use a treatment for my acne (amazonia potent cell renewal) and it works better without drying my skin out so I use a regular cleanser now.

on 2/17/2015 10:09:00 PM

I have been using this product since 2009 and this has helped keep my skin clear. Recently, I have been breaking out like crazy and finally I stopped using this after trying to stop using all my other products ( tea tree oil, witch hazel toner) and determined this was the cause of my breakouts! I noticed there are a lot of ingredient changes and that must be the culprit. I wish they would go back to the old formula!

on 11/13/2014 4:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This has helped my acne and oily skin so much! I work in a restaurant so it is easy to get pimples fast... But this wash helps keep my face acne free! I am ready on like my 5th bottle since i started buying this in June this year. Higjly recommend & my HG.

on 10/29/2014 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Edit: also I forgot to add, this WILL bleach towels bathroom carpets clothes whatever comes in contact with it.

love it and really helps kill acne. it works great!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I can't believe I haven't done a review yet. But I'm in love! I've been using this for almost a year. It's helped my acne so much! But beware, it will bleach towels or anything colored!

on 3/29/2014 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

NO MORE OILY SKIN. EVER. That's what this product has done for me!
I have been using this cleanser for about two years. It worked great before, and ever since they did the recent redesign of the packaging (and the product itself) it has been even better! As another reviewer has noted, it is much thicker and less runny now (which I like) and it also doesn't smell as bad as it used to. It doesn't exactly have a "fragrance" but it just seems to smell less chemical-ish now. The packaging is also easier to work with. Yay for the redesign! The cleanser itself works like nothing I have ever seen. It's absolute magic. It's as if it just takes all the garbage right out of my face and fixes all of my terrible problems (my skin is extremely oily, sensitive, and covered in scars from hormonal acne -- I treat monthly with four-day courses of doxycycline). When I rinse this off my face, my skin just feels smooth and clear.
I'm really happy to have found this because salicylic acid makes my skin terribly red and irritated, but benzoyl peroxide is very calming for me. I don't know how but it has absolutely OBLITERATED my oily problem! About eight to ten months after I first started using this, I noticed my skin becoming less and less oily. I used to have to blot my skin with those Clean & Clear blotting sheets several times a day. Now I haven't even touched one in months. The difference really is that striking. I'm absolutely flabbergasted. (And yes, be patient, because although I saw an instant improvement, the process of oil reduction really did take several months -- but worth the wait!) As other reviewers have said, definitely use a moisturizer with this. My skin definitely did get noticeably drier (obviously, because it became less oily, so…) and so I had to use a larger quantity of my moisturizer with it. My favorite is Trader Joe's anti-oxidant oil-free moisturizer (which I have also reviewed). For extreme winter-style chapping of the skin, I highly recommend Cetaphil Restoraderm.
This cleanser is not good for taking off makeup, so I use a separate one for that (I like Clean & Clear's Morning Burst hydrating cleanser-- the blue one that smells like cucumber melon, it takes off makeup really well and has not irritated my skin at all) and then follow up with this cleanser (and also use it in the morning).
I can honestly say this cleanser has changed my life. If you find yourself saturating three blotting sheets at a time and at your wit's end with oily skin, I cannot recommend this cleanser highly enough!

The best OTC acne wash yet!! 10% BPO. Perfect with a regiment from the dermatologist and works relatively fast. Just follow the directions on the package and use it! And never ever ever scrub your face!!!! It makes the process take longer and the product do it's job.