Maybelline Wet Shine Diamonds - Marquise Peach

Maybelline Wet Shine Diamonds - Marquise Peach

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Recently discontinued, I found it at the Dollar tree a few weeks ago (I liked it so much I bought a second).
While it is bright peachy-orange in the tube, on my lightly pigmented lips, it looks very good. A slightly coral peach color (see my above photo) that is a bit glittery/shimmery.
It is a little gritty, as mentioned, but not noticable after a few minutes.
There isn't as much gloss in the tube as I'm used to, but the price was just right, and it is a great product. The packaging feels and looks a little cheap however (thin plastic, which is why I marked it off one). Very beautiful color when applied by itself, but over lipstick, it may be overpowered.
It is a little tacky/sticky. It lasted almost 3 hours with drinking, not eating. I'm so glad I listened to my fellow MUA reviewers. It is one of my favorite lipglosses! Go get it if you can.

on 6/28/2009 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Discontinued...This is a sheer peach with tons of peach shimmer in it..love it! Packaged in a Pink tube .13oz

Great colour, goes well with the smokey eye look :-)

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I recieved this as an extra from a very generous swapper. I like Wet Shine Diamonds and have already reviewed another shade from this line, and it shares the same qualities and weaknesses and the first. The color is marvelous, a medium peach which goes on very sheer and has very fine glitter which makes it look more "glimmery" than "glittery". Since the color is sheer, it only disperses a hint of peach color which is very flattering. It seems to be quite the summer shade, it's fall already and I lost my tan months ago, but I can see this lipstick being tucked into my bag very nicely waiting for late next spring, when it will pop up and surely do a little dance for me :D It seems to have no apparent smell or taste, which I found alright - I'm rather fond of lipsticks with a nice scent. I'm bumping off a lippy for the rougher feel of the lipstick, although this is to be expected from any lipstick with glitter particles. Overall very lovely lipstick, and will purchase again when it finally comes to Germany.

on 3/10/2005 5:02:00 PM

This is such a pretty peach lippie! It looks like a light, peachy gloss but the glitter in it just makes my lips look so pretty. I can't say this about all of the wetShine l/s, but this shade in particular is a keeper for me. Wears off quickly, but no sooner than any gloss would which is what I view these as.

on 11/26/2004 2:31:00 PM

I don't know if I would buy this again. It is similar to Wetshine Sunstreak but a more balanced version of pink and peach and also infused with glitter. Very subtle and glamorous at the same time.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

A very light glimmery peach very bare on the lips, and it brings out my golden skin! Very audrey hepburn peach to my lips Think. Breakfast at Tiffanys :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I received this lipstick from a wonderful swapper. I like the formula of the Wet Shine's but this one feels gritty because of the glitter, which is uncomfortable to me. Beautiful color, though.

on 12/30/2003 1:50:00 PM

Lovely colour, nice balance of pink and peach. It goes on kind of sheer, so it looks not too made up, and it's just glittery enough to make my lips very kissable!

on 1/30/2003 9:29:00 PM

not as bright as the Wet Shine Diamonds Liquid version. on me it a peachy pink shade with glitter. very sheer. glitter/shimmer is noticeable, but not too big. luv the texture of this lippie. i really dont like the bubblegum pink packaging though.