Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler
Kevyn Aucoin Curler open Shu Uemura 24K and Kevyn Aucoin curlersKevyn Aucoin Curler

4.3

on 12/31/2017 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I find this eyelash culrler performs better than a drugstore curler but I prefer other brands.

The curl with the Kevyn Aucoin is not very attractive looking on my eyes. I much prefer the Shiseido curler and the Shu Uemura over this.

I have had my Shu Uemura one last over 7 years and my Shiseido over 5 . Both give a very lifted doll look to my lashes . I slightly prefer the Shiseido for slight more lift but really those two curlers are about the same in quality and performance.

I really dislike how you can not buy replacement pads for the Kevyn Aucoin curler. I replace my pads every 4-6 months and this would mean this curler would be thrown out in a year.

I can buy replacements pads from Shiseido and they are reasonably priced. I like to keep my expensive lash curlers far longer than a year so not only poor curl performance but also not a long term product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is basically my first eyelash curler (I can remember buying a cheap drugstore curler years ago, having it crimp and pinch my lashes, I got rid of it not long after that) so I can't compare it to the other popular ones like the Shu, Shideido or Surratt. I purchased this one because it was the best reviewed eyelash curler on Sephora and many people seemed to prefer it to some of the other popular ones I mentioned. I really like this curler and I think it does the job. I have large, deep set hooded eyes, and this curler grabs all my lashes and doesn't pinch at all unless I position it the wrong way. I do several pumps for about 10 seconds and have curled lashes. The curl seems to last for the day although I do think this would depend on the mascara you use. I like the red curling pad as I can see my black lashes against it easily. I would recommend this curler.

on 1/7/2017 1:52:00 PM

I recently noticed that the pad on my trusty Revlon red curler was split in two. Having been down that road before and having no desire to accidentally snip off my eyelashes again, I quickly went on the hunt for a new eyelash curler. After doing minimal research and reading reviews, I picked up a Shiseido curler at Ulta. While it gave a great curl, it was too flat for my eye shape and didn't reach my lashes the way the Revlon did and the way I want it to, especially for a higher end curler. I went back to the Internet and scoured reviews and read Reddit tutorials. I decided to try the Kevyn Aucoin curler based on my rudimentary eye measurements and the fact that it has similar measurements to the Revlon curler, which worked very well for me in the past. (I couldn't find the Revlon curler and figured I'd try higher end anyway.) I'm very happy with the decision. The KA curler fits my eye shape beautifully (for the most part because apparently my eyes have subtle shape differences) and gives a fantastic curl that can almost be TOO much curl if I'm not careful. It's a bit expensive; however, it's easy to find at Sephora or other higher end retailers. The mechanism is very basic and smooth and does exactly what I want it to do. I'm a bit disappointed that replacement pads aren't available after the extra one provided with the curler is gone, but I understand the company recommends replacing the whole curler at that point. I like the actual pad better than the Revlon pad and find it to be firmer, hence giving a better curl with less effort. I definitely plan to repurchase.

on 9/8/2016 12:06:00 PM

I was a die hard shu uemura curler user for YEARS. This year, I decided it wasn't worth the effort of trying to get another one since they are harder to buy in the US. Kevyn Aucoin is a fantastic replacement. I honestly think it grabs more of my lashes than shu. Great curl. Only complaint is that the replacement pad doesn't come in plastic but oh well.

on 8/20/2012 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've been using the Shu Uemura curler for so many years but after I had Lasik several months ago I found myself struggling to curl my lashes. The shape of the curler no longer fit flush against my eye, so the center area of my lashes would curl but not the inner and outer areas. I was always having to curl my lashes in sections to try and get everything curled. It never occurred to me that my eye might not be fitting with the curve of the Shu curler anymore. So I tried several different curlers (Giorgio Armani, Lancome, Le Metier, Shiseido) until I finally found this one.

The curve is more pronounced than the curve of the Shu and fits against my eye perfectly. I can get all the way to the base of my lashes without any pinching or discomfort. Usually I curl the base and the middle and hold for about ten seconds each and the pinching mechanism moves smoothly without sticking. The pad is a little wider and feels thicker than the traditional pad and it seems to help create a more consistent curl. I love that it's red too. It's kind of retro looking and pretty, and I can see my lashes against it more easily. I think my favorite detail about this curler is how wide it opens up (about twice as wide as any of my other curlers) so I don't have to pull any crazy maneuvers to get all my lashes inside of it.

The replacement pad isn't wrapped in the little sealed plastic square like most replacement pads are (Shu, Armani). It's just thrown in the box along with the curler, which means I usually end up keeping the box just to house the replacement pad, or I have to put it in a tiny ziploc to keep it sanitary. Not a big deal but if I'm using something on my eye area everyday I want it to be as clean as possible. Other than that it's a great curler and I'm relieved that I finally found a replacement for my Shu.

on 7/25/2011 3:23:00 PM

Love Love Love my KA.I felt lost when I tried to buy another(mine was stolen from gym bag grrr) from Sephora n was told they no longer carry the brand boy was i disappointed,I found a new store that carries my fav eyelash curler of all curlers.Big plus no shipping YAY!!!Can't wait

Shu was THE Standard for eyelash curlers for years - until this one came out. Kevyn (RIP) had his team develop this one... based on the Japanese model, and this surpasses..... Maybe it's the red pad, I don't know. :-) But this curler never pinches, and I don't even have particularly large eyes.

on 3/20/2008 9:01:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a really good curler. Curls the lashes brilliantly and it lasts. I like it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have had this eyelash curler for years...I love it and as soon as I got it, it replaced my Shu curler...I just love it...only problem...how do I know when I need to replace the liners and they look brand new years later? I have no idea if another curler is better...in highschool and college I use Revlon, then Shu, then this for 15 years and am only on my second pad....wonderful curler in my opinion...worth every penny.

on 5/18/2007 9:10:00 AM

I really love the way this curls and the red pad makes it easier to see your lashes but, after using this curler for a couple of weeks it started causing some of my lashes to fall out. This curler wasn't cheap so I probably wouldn't purchase it again. I think next time I might try the shisiedo.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools