Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler
Kevyn Aucoin Curler open Shu Uemura 24K and Kevyn Aucoin curlersKevyn Aucoin Curler

4.3

on 1/5/2017 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Kicking myself for waiting so long to venture into pricey eyelash curlers. I've owned/tried most drugstore curlers over the past 30+ years. Please don't make my mistake! Splurge on a HE curler and you won't regret it. This curler creates a curl that will last all day. I tried the Shiseido first but it didn't work with the shape of my eye. (I tried to be careful, but it still pinched my eyelid. Ouch!) The KA curler has a pronounced curve compared to Shiseido's curler. By far, this is my best beauty buy of 2016!

on 10/28/2016 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This curler is slick to use and the price is reasonable for me. One thing I need to mention is that its outline is a little too big for me. Anyway, if you need it. It will be a good choice.

on 10/28/2016 4:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Ladies and gentlemen, I do believe I have found a Holy Grail for eyelash curlers...

Insider tip: I snap a few of these bad boys up for $12 each at the Makeup Show. My first one lasted for a year (I used both pads) and would gladly pay full price ($21) if I was pressed to do so. Thankfully, I don't have to.

My eye shape can be seen if you check out my pictures on this makeupalley account. I'm Asian with double lids and my eyelashes are pin straight, so curling my lashes before applying waterproof mascara is a must for me if I decide to wear makeup. My eyes are asymmetrical but this eyelash curler works well with both.

I've never ripped out eyelashes with this curler, even on the very very rare day when I decide to curl my eyelashes /after/ mascara application. It doesn't pinch my lids either.

Curlers I have tried in the past: Koji No. 73, Revlon, e.l.f. , Shiseido, New York Color.

Kevyn Aucoin beats all of them hands down in terms of ease, results, and comfort. Holy Grail.

on 2/14/2015 4:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I couldn't agree with more artbabe's review. This curler's performance is inconsistent, one eye can indeed look better than the other, it does need to be at just the right angle and it is just not good enough. Not awful, but I don't think it does the job.
Will go back to my trusted Shu asap!

EDIT: not only is it not great at its job, it gave my lid an allergy, I had to use cortisone to sort it out. I had heard of nickel allergy, but never imagined I'd get it :-(

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This is a very nice curler. It fits the shape of my eyes very well. I have deep set, heavy-lidded almond shaped eyes. With the Shu curler, I wasn't able to get the outer edges of my lashes, but I can pretty much get my entire lashline with this curler. It takes about 10 seconds of clamping for me to get a nice curl. I also love the red strip - it looks great and makes it easier to see my black lashes. I also think $21 is a very reasonable price for this curler.

This eyelash curler is great. i bought this because i needed a new curler to replace my shu uemera one. I thought that because Kevyn worked under Shu Uemera that the eyelash curlers would be just as good as each other. I was wrong. Yes, it .gives a far more natural curl but it really doesn't compare to the Shu one. Shu curls far more and if the curl is too harsh then applying a coat of mascara usually makes the curl more natural and eye opening. I was really disappointing with this, not worth it compared to Shu Uemera

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I saw this on one of my favorite makeup blogs (Lisa Eldridge) and I decided to order this online. This fits against my eyes in a very natural way. It does a great job curling my lashes. I don't know why Sephora doesn't carry this, it's fabulous.

on 11/17/2011 10:38:00 AM

Effective and pinch-free curlers for my short, spare, straight Asian lashes. These fit perfectly against my face, allowing the curlers to grip the base of my lashes for a full doll-like curl, without pinching (which happens with my Shiseidos). Shu does a great curler, of course, but the Kevin Aucoin is just as effective for me and much easier to buy here in New York. My lashes don't hold any curl whatsoever without mascara, so using these curlers alone (or any curler in the world) isn't enough. But these curl my lashes quickly and painlessly, holding gently for 5-4-3-2-1 and I slap a coat of Lashblash Length and voila, curled, black lashes for 8-hours.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I purchase this the other day, I finally snapped at my cheap eyelash curler for always making me cry everytime I use it, and decided that it was time to invest in something a little pricey just to see if it worked any better.
I had in my mind the Shu Uemura, Utowa and this one Kevyn Aucoin. I decided to go for this one first. At $48AUD it wasn't cheap, as soon as I got back to work I use it to curl my lashes, to my suprise there was hardly to no pinching at all, so it was pain free curling. There was no snagging or pulling of my lashes which I was soo happy about, the packaging was different with the red pad. Usually with my cheap curler, everytime I took it off my eyes, some of my lashes get pulled off as well.This one actually get almost every single one of my lashes and the thing that impress me was that it never bundle my lashes together like the cheaper ones do, it actually fans them out as it is curling.
I will be looking at investing in the Utowa and most definitely the Shu Uemura one, but for now this one is excellent.
For those of you that dont see the difference between this a cheap curler, trust me just at least invest in one and you will see the difference. I put up with the pinching for 2 years from cheaper curlers because I couldn't see the difference between this and a normal one. Now that I got this I really regretted putting up with all that pain from the last 2 years.

on 4/22/2009 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

This is the best curler I've used to-date although not HG and is much preferred over my Shu and Shiseido curlers. It captures more of my lashes than any other curler and gives them a beautiful curl without crimping them. It also fits my eye shape better so that I get minimal pinching even though my eyes are on the small side. I can also get the curler quite close to the base of my lashes to give them a higher lift. The red rubber pad is a lovely touch. I'm really disappointed though that they don't make replacement pads for this and make you buy an entirely new curler.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools