Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler
Kevyn Aucoin Curler open Shu Uemura 24K and Kevyn Aucoin curlersKevyn Aucoin Curler

3.2

on 4/6/2017 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a solid eyelash curler and was my first foray into the high end lash curlers. Prior to buying this one I always used Revlon, ELF or whatever brand caught my eye at the drugstore or grocery store. While I wouldn't call this a game changing curler, I will say it's better than drugstore brands. I find it helpful to follow Wayne Goss' technique for lash curling by holding and pressing it for 30-60 seconds and lifting it a bit. My problem is that my lashes initially curl really well but a couple of hours later, not so much. This curler didn't really make a difference on that score.

on 2/14/2015 4:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I couldn't agree with more artbabe's review. This curler's performance is inconsistent, one eye can indeed look better than the other, it does need to be at just the right angle and it is just not good enough. Not awful, but I don't think it does the job.
Will go back to my trusted Shu asap!

EDIT: not only is it not great at its job, it gave my lid an allergy, I had to use cortisone to sort it out. I had heard of nickel allergy, but never imagined I'd get it :-(

on 12/25/2011 10:49:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I've used lots of eyelash curlers over the years-- everything from Revlon and Sonia Kashuk to Shiseido, Tarte, and Shu Uemura. Shu has long been my favorite, but I decided to try out Kevyn Aucoin's after Sephora stopped carrying Shu's.

This curler performs inconsistently for me, at best. Sometimes I need to apply more pressure than others. Often one of my eyes looks good and the other set of lashes comes out crimped. I rarely get great lashes on both eyes with a quick, gentle squeeze (which is the way the Shu Uemura curler performs). Perhaps it's something about the way the Aucoin curler is balanced or the shape of the pad. It's not a terrible curler-- it does the job, and it hasn't ripped my lashes out. But I have to put lots of effort into squeezing the curler at *just* the right angle and for *just* the right amount of time. I'll be ordering a new curler from Shu pretty soon.

on 3/20/2008 9:01:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a really good curler. Curls the lashes brilliantly and it lasts. I like it.

on 7/26/2006 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This worked very well...no crimping, no pinching, good shape, pretty red pad (I'm a sucker for red). Seemed about identical to the Shu curler IMO, but I swapped my Shu when I got this (mainly because of the red pad). So for about 6 months I was very pro KA eyelash curler until all of the sudden one day it wasn't working anymore...it didn't "break", but the top piece that comes down and presses into the pad seemed to have slowly moved forward so when it comes down the top part presses in front of the pad instead of in the middle of it...hope that makes sense. The pad was still in good shape, it was the metal part that was the problem. Anyway...it did not curl anymore and I couldn't fix it. I took good care of it, so it wasn't that it got squished or bent or anything. Maybe I just got a bum one, but I won't purchase again because of this. Works well when it works though.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools