Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler
Kevyn Aucoin Curler open Shu Uemura 24K and Kevyn Aucoin curlersKevyn Aucoin Curler

4.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is basically my first eyelash curler (I can remember buying a cheap drugstore curler years ago, having it crimp and pinch my lashes, I got rid of it not long after that) so I can't compare it to the other popular ones like the Shu, Shideido or Surratt. I purchased this one because it was the best reviewed eyelash curler on Sephora and many people seemed to prefer it to some of the other popular ones I mentioned. I really like this curler and I think it does the job. I have large, deep set hooded eyes, and this curler grabs all my lashes and doesn't pinch at all unless I position it the wrong way. I do several pumps for about 10 seconds and have curled lashes. The curl seems to last for the day although I do think this would depend on the mascara you use. I like the red curling pad as I can see my black lashes against it easily. I would recommend this curler.

on 1/6/2017 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I am blessed with long lashes and rely on eyelash curlers to keep them .... curled! These did absolutely nothing. They felt like there was no "Spring" attachment and they simply clamped down. They felt really cheap and nasty tbh. My 2 favourites are Mr Mascara and Tarte eyelash curlers and both are cheaper. An expensive bin product.

on 1/5/2017 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Kicking myself for waiting so long to venture into pricey eyelash curlers. I've owned/tried most drugstore curlers over the past 30+ years. Please don't make my mistake! Splurge on a HE curler and you won't regret it. This curler creates a curl that will last all day. I tried the Shiseido first but it didn't work with the shape of my eye. (I tried to be careful, but it still pinched my eyelid. Ouch!) The KA curler has a pronounced curve compared to Shiseido's curler. By far, this is my best beauty buy of 2016!

on 9/8/2016 12:06:00 PM

I was a die hard shu uemura curler user for YEARS. This year, I decided it wasn't worth the effort of trying to get another one since they are harder to buy in the US. Kevyn Aucoin is a fantastic replacement. I honestly think it grabs more of my lashes than shu. Great curl. Only complaint is that the replacement pad doesn't come in plastic but oh well.

on 6/20/2015 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Best eyelash curler I have ever used! I used the Shu Uemura eyelash curler for years, but it got old and eventually was just crimping my eyelashes and making them look horrible. This is so much better! It never crimps my eyelashes or pinches my eyes, and gives me a perfect curl every time. This eyelash curler opens extra wide so it gives you more control. I would recommend this to everyone!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This is a very nice curler. It fits the shape of my eyes very well. I have deep set, heavy-lidded almond shaped eyes. With the Shu curler, I wasn't able to get the outer edges of my lashes, but I can pretty much get my entire lashline with this curler. It takes about 10 seconds of clamping for me to get a nice curl. I also love the red strip - it looks great and makes it easier to see my black lashes. I also think $21 is a very reasonable price for this curler.

on 11/28/2014 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

For me this is better than my old Shu one. Somehow the shape of this allows me to get all of my eyelashes in comfortably - it opens more - and it makes the lashes look more lifted and longer. The Shu one was a bit crimpy for me, even though everyone swears by it. This one has a larger, more rounded pad, and I prefer the result. The lashes are actually curled as opposed to bent.

on 8/20/2012 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've been using the Shu Uemura curler for so many years but after I had Lasik several months ago I found myself struggling to curl my lashes. The shape of the curler no longer fit flush against my eye, so the center area of my lashes would curl but not the inner and outer areas. I was always having to curl my lashes in sections to try and get everything curled. It never occurred to me that my eye might not be fitting with the curve of the Shu curler anymore. So I tried several different curlers (Giorgio Armani, Lancome, Le Metier, Shiseido) until I finally found this one.

The curve is more pronounced than the curve of the Shu and fits against my eye perfectly. I can get all the way to the base of my lashes without any pinching or discomfort. Usually I curl the base and the middle and hold for about ten seconds each and the pinching mechanism moves smoothly without sticking. The pad is a little wider and feels thicker than the traditional pad and it seems to help create a more consistent curl. I love that it's red too. It's kind of retro looking and pretty, and I can see my lashes against it more easily. I think my favorite detail about this curler is how wide it opens up (about twice as wide as any of my other curlers) so I don't have to pull any crazy maneuvers to get all my lashes inside of it.

The replacement pad isn't wrapped in the little sealed plastic square like most replacement pads are (Shu, Armani). It's just thrown in the box along with the curler, which means I usually end up keeping the box just to house the replacement pad, or I have to put it in a tiny ziploc to keep it sanitary. Not a big deal but if I'm using something on my eye area everyday I want it to be as clean as possible. Other than that it's a great curler and I'm relieved that I finally found a replacement for my Shu.

This is a nice curler. I like that it opens wider than most curlers.

I've had this for four years, and it is definitely a staple. I have used my friend's shu eumera curler and didn't notice any difference.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools