Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler
Kevyn Aucoin Curler open Shu Uemura 24K and Kevyn Aucoin curlersKevyn Aucoin Curler

on 10/28/2016 4:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Ladies and gentlemen, I do believe I have found a Holy Grail for eyelash curlers...

Insider tip: I snap a few of these bad boys up for $12 each at the Makeup Show. My first one lasted for a year (I used both pads) and would gladly pay full price ($21) if I was pressed to do so. Thankfully, I don't have to.

My eye shape can be seen if you check out my pictures on this makeupalley account. I'm Asian with double lids and my eyelashes are pin straight, so curling my lashes before applying waterproof mascara is a must for me if I decide to wear makeup. My eyes are asymmetrical but this eyelash curler works well with both.

I've never ripped out eyelashes with this curler, even on the very very rare day when I decide to curl my eyelashes /after/ mascara application. It doesn't pinch my lids either.

Curlers I have tried in the past: Koji No. 73, Revlon, e.l.f. , Shiseido, New York Color.

Kevyn Aucoin beats all of them hands down in terms of ease, results, and comfort. Holy Grail.

This eyelash curler is great. i bought this because i needed a new curler to replace my shu uemera one. I thought that because Kevyn worked under Shu Uemera that the eyelash curlers would be just as good as each other. I was wrong. Yes, it .gives a far more natural curl but it really doesn't compare to the Shu one. Shu curls far more and if the curl is too harsh then applying a coat of mascara usually makes the curl more natural and eye opening. I was really disappointing with this, not worth it compared to Shu Uemera

on 11/17/2011 10:38:00 AM

Effective and pinch-free curlers for my short, spare, straight Asian lashes. These fit perfectly against my face, allowing the curlers to grip the base of my lashes for a full doll-like curl, without pinching (which happens with my Shiseidos). Shu does a great curler, of course, but the Kevin Aucoin is just as effective for me and much easier to buy here in New York. My lashes don't hold any curl whatsoever without mascara, so using these curlers alone (or any curler in the world) isn't enough. But these curl my lashes quickly and painlessly, holding gently for 5-4-3-2-1 and I slap a coat of Lashblash Length and voila, curled, black lashes for 8-hours.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I purchase this the other day, I finally snapped at my cheap eyelash curler for always making me cry everytime I use it, and decided that it was time to invest in something a little pricey just to see if it worked any better.
I had in my mind the Shu Uemura, Utowa and this one Kevyn Aucoin. I decided to go for this one first. At $48AUD it wasn't cheap, as soon as I got back to work I use it to curl my lashes, to my suprise there was hardly to no pinching at all, so it was pain free curling. There was no snagging or pulling of my lashes which I was soo happy about, the packaging was different with the red pad. Usually with my cheap curler, everytime I took it off my eyes, some of my lashes get pulled off as well.This one actually get almost every single one of my lashes and the thing that impress me was that it never bundle my lashes together like the cheaper ones do, it actually fans them out as it is curling.
I will be looking at investing in the Utowa and most definitely the Shu Uemura one, but for now this one is excellent.
For those of you that dont see the difference between this a cheap curler, trust me just at least invest in one and you will see the difference. I put up with the pinching for 2 years from cheaper curlers because I couldn't see the difference between this and a normal one. Now that I got this I really regretted putting up with all that pain from the last 2 years.

on 1/12/2010 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I purchased this to replace the cheap brands I'd been using and not having good results with. Only time will tell if it's worth the extra money. One of it's attributes is that it's extremely sturdy compared to curlers I've had in the past. I don't know that it curls any better but it does curl w/o crimping. I had a cheap ELF curler I used for years then it broke. I bought a new ELF curler and it just wasn't the same, so I moved on to a Revlon Gold and then a La Crosse which happened to be the exact same style as the Revlon but a different color (silver). I still have them, but both are flimsy compared to this one.

on 3/14/2006 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have seriously straight lashes that are very difficult to curl. I have been content with my Shiseido but tried this hoping to get a better result. It was no better than my Shiseido. If I am rushing at all when I use this, I get an awful crimp. I don't have a local place to buy KA so this was not worth paying shipping for-will stick with Shiseido.

on 6/21/2005 3:00:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Since my Shiseido eye lash curler was getting worn out, I thought I would try something different. Kevyn Aucoin's eyelash curler (made in Japan) uses a red padding with round edges which makes it much easier to see your lashes! Also it came with 1 replacement red pad as well.

It probably takes me about 2 pumps to curl them & feels just like the Shiseido kind. Works great since I have short eyelashes.

Purchased it online at drugstore.com for ~$18.

on 11/24/2004 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have curlers from Shiseido, Shu, Benefit and Japonesque. Although for overall shape, I like Benefits, the Kevyn Aucoin has a nice red pad that provides contrast for the lashes so you can see what you're doing. It also allows for more usage, I find the technique for 'walking' the lashes is much easier with the Kevyn Aucoin than the other brands.

on 3/6/2003 7:07:00 PM

I think this is a nice eyelash curler but the price is ridiculous. After shipping I payed 24$ for this curler. It's a little awkward to use but that is my fault, I've been using a cheap, beat down eyelash curler from the drugstore for the past 5 years and I've grown acustomed to that one. It does curl the lashes better than my old one but I still cannot get over the price. It's very cute with the red pad but I think I should have went with the Shu Umera one. I definitely won't repurchase b/c I plan on it lasting me the rest of my life.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools