Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler
Kevyn Aucoin Curler open Shu Uemura 24K and Kevyn Aucoin curlersKevyn Aucoin Curler

on 2/1/2018 3:25:00 PM

Goodbye Shu Uemura, Hello Kevyn Aucoin! I used Shu Uemura for years, but decided to give the Kevyn Aucoin product a try. The first thing I noticed about this eyelash curler is how snug you can get it to the entire lashline. My lashes from end to end fit beautifully in this curler. The length and curvature of this curler closely parallels the human eye. Most other eyelash curlers are a little shorter and have a more severe curve, so you curl the middle lashes fine, but end up pinching both ends of your eyelids. Not so with this one! The Kevyn Aucoin curler has a smooth gliding motion, and the pad itself is excellent! The pad in the Kevyn Aucoin curler also doesn't collapse like a foam rubber pillow when used, which leaves your lashes stuck in it, so when the curler is removed, lashes come out with it. It curls your lashes with very little pressure, so you look fresh, bright-eyed, and ready for the day! I couldn't be happier, and I hope this product is never discontinued!!

on 4/6/2017 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a solid eyelash curler and was my first foray into the high end lash curlers. Prior to buying this one I always used Revlon, ELF or whatever brand caught my eye at the drugstore or grocery store. While I wouldn't call this a game changing curler, I will say it's better than drugstore brands. I find it helpful to follow Wayne Goss' technique for lash curling by holding and pressing it for 30-60 seconds and lifting it a bit. My problem is that my lashes initially curl really well but a couple of hours later, not so much. This curler didn't really make a difference on that score.

on 1/6/2017 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I am blessed with long lashes and rely on eyelash curlers to keep them .... curled! These did absolutely nothing. They felt like there was no "Spring" attachment and they simply clamped down. They felt really cheap and nasty tbh. My 2 favourites are Mr Mascara and Tarte eyelash curlers and both are cheaper. An expensive bin product.

on 2/14/2015 4:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I couldn't agree with more artbabe's review. This curler's performance is inconsistent, one eye can indeed look better than the other, it does need to be at just the right angle and it is just not good enough. Not awful, but I don't think it does the job.
Will go back to my trusted Shu asap!

EDIT: not only is it not great at its job, it gave my lid an allergy, I had to use cortisone to sort it out. I had heard of nickel allergy, but never imagined I'd get it :-(

on 7/8/2008 5:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

I have both the Shu Uemura and the Kevyn aucoin eyelash curler -- and for me, the Shu Uemeura just worked a bit better -- my lashes stayed up longer. Although I would recommend both to anyone looking for a great curlers :)

When I first tried this curler I was blown away!!! 5 seconds later I had to own it! This eyelash curler creates a flirty curly lash!
Kevyn admired Shu's design, however he wanted to improve on it and he did!

on 7/26/2006 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This worked very well...no crimping, no pinching, good shape, pretty red pad (I'm a sucker for red). Seemed about identical to the Shu curler IMO, but I swapped my Shu when I got this (mainly because of the red pad). So for about 6 months I was very pro KA eyelash curler until all of the sudden one day it wasn't working anymore...it didn't "break", but the top piece that comes down and presses into the pad seemed to have slowly moved forward so when it comes down the top part presses in front of the pad instead of in the middle of it...hope that makes sense. The pad was still in good shape, it was the metal part that was the problem. Anyway...it did not curl anymore and I couldn't fix it. I took good care of it, so it wasn't that it got squished or bent or anything. Maybe I just got a bum one, but I won't purchase again because of this. Works well when it works though.

This is my favorite curler. I've tried Shu, which I used for years, Mac, which I like better than Shu and now KA. I like the KA the best. It never pinches my eyelid, like I got with Shu sometimes and of course, the red is cute.

on 6/21/2005 3:00:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Since my Shiseido eye lash curler was getting worn out, I thought I would try something different. Kevyn Aucoin's eyelash curler (made in Japan) uses a red padding with round edges which makes it much easier to see your lashes! Also it came with 1 replacement red pad as well.

It probably takes me about 2 pumps to curl them & feels just like the Shiseido kind. Works great since I have short eyelashes.

Purchased it online at drugstore.com for ~$18.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools