Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler
Kevyn Aucoin Curler open Shu Uemura 24K and Kevyn Aucoin curlersKevyn Aucoin Curler

4.2

on 2/14/2015 4:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I couldn't agree with more artbabe's review. This curler's performance is inconsistent, one eye can indeed look better than the other, it does need to be at just the right angle and it is just not good enough. Not awful, but I don't think it does the job.
Will go back to my trusted Shu asap!

EDIT: not only is it not great at its job, it gave my lid an allergy, I had to use cortisone to sort it out. I had heard of nickel allergy, but never imagined I'd get it :-(

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This is a very nice curler. It fits the shape of my eyes very well. I have deep set, heavy-lidded almond shaped eyes. With the Shu curler, I wasn't able to get the outer edges of my lashes, but I can pretty much get my entire lashline with this curler. It takes about 10 seconds of clamping for me to get a nice curl. I also love the red strip - it looks great and makes it easier to see my black lashes. I also think $21 is a very reasonable price for this curler.

on 11/28/2014 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

For me this is better than my old Shu one. Somehow the shape of this allows me to get all of my eyelashes in comfortably - it opens more - and it makes the lashes look more lifted and longer. The Shu one was a bit crimpy for me, even though everyone swears by it. This one has a larger, more rounded pad, and I prefer the result. The lashes are actually curled as opposed to bent.

Shu was THE Standard for eyelash curlers for years - until this one came out. Kevyn (RIP) had his team develop this one... based on the Japanese model, and this surpasses..... Maybe it's the red pad, I don't know. :-) But this curler never pinches, and I don't even have particularly large eyes.

on 3/14/2006 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have seriously straight lashes that are very difficult to curl. I have been content with my Shiseido but tried this hoping to get a better result. It was no better than my Shiseido. If I am rushing at all when I use this, I get an awful crimp. I don't have a local place to buy KA so this was not worth paying shipping for-will stick with Shiseido.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools