Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler
Kevyn Aucoin Curler open Shu Uemura 24K and Kevyn Aucoin curlersKevyn Aucoin Curler

3.3

on 10/28/2016 4:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Ladies and gentlemen, I do believe I have found a Holy Grail for eyelash curlers...

Insider tip: I snap a few of these bad boys up for $12 each at the Makeup Show. My first one lasted for a year (I used both pads) and would gladly pay full price ($21) if I was pressed to do so. Thankfully, I don't have to.

My eye shape can be seen if you check out my pictures on this makeupalley account. I'm Asian with double lids and my eyelashes are pin straight, so curling my lashes before applying waterproof mascara is a must for me if I decide to wear makeup. My eyes are asymmetrical but this eyelash curler works well with both.

I've never ripped out eyelashes with this curler, even on the very very rare day when I decide to curl my eyelashes /after/ mascara application. It doesn't pinch my lids either.

Curlers I have tried in the past: Koji No. 73, Revlon, e.l.f. , Shiseido, New York Color.

Kevyn Aucoin beats all of them hands down in terms of ease, results, and comfort. Holy Grail.

on 1/16/2006 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I don't know why it seems to work for others, but this was the worst eyelash curler I've ever had. The finger grips are awkward and the red rubber pad is so firm that my lashes will barely curl. It takes me way too much effort/time to use this curler. I'll see if I can take it back to Neiman Marcus and exchange it for a Shu Uemura. I had that previously & loved it. The only reason I bought a Kevin Aucoin one this time was b/c it was in a beauty magazine, I can't remember which one though. Allure?

on 12/20/2005 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I think the best indicator of a good eyelash curler is its shape in relationship to the shape of an eyelid. For me with large Asian eyes and long lashes, Kevyn's curler is wonderful. I like the little red pad, the color is useless to me but a nice touch anyway. I still don't get the little lashes in the corners but it's the best I've found so far.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools