Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler
Kevyn Aucoin Curler open Shu Uemura 24K and Kevyn Aucoin curlersKevyn Aucoin Curler

4.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is basically my first eyelash curler (I can remember buying a cheap drugstore curler years ago, having it crimp and pinch my lashes, I got rid of it not long after that) so I can't compare it to the other popular ones like the Shu, Shideido or Surratt. I purchased this one because it was the best reviewed eyelash curler on Sephora and many people seemed to prefer it to some of the other popular ones I mentioned. I really like this curler and I think it does the job. I have large, deep set hooded eyes, and this curler grabs all my lashes and doesn't pinch at all unless I position it the wrong way. I do several pumps for about 10 seconds and have curled lashes. The curl seems to last for the day although I do think this would depend on the mascara you use. I like the red curling pad as I can see my black lashes against it easily. I would recommend this curler.

on 1/7/2017 1:52:00 PM

I recently noticed that the pad on my trusty Revlon red curler was split in two. Having been down that road before and having no desire to accidentally snip off my eyelashes again, I quickly went on the hunt for a new eyelash curler. After doing minimal research and reading reviews, I picked up a Shiseido curler at Ulta. While it gave a great curl, it was too flat for my eye shape and didn't reach my lashes the way the Revlon did and the way I want it to, especially for a higher end curler. I went back to the Internet and scoured reviews and read Reddit tutorials. I decided to try the Kevyn Aucoin curler based on my rudimentary eye measurements and the fact that it has similar measurements to the Revlon curler, which worked very well for me in the past. (I couldn't find the Revlon curler and figured I'd try higher end anyway.) I'm very happy with the decision. The KA curler fits my eye shape beautifully (for the most part because apparently my eyes have subtle shape differences) and gives a fantastic curl that can almost be TOO much curl if I'm not careful. It's a bit expensive; however, it's easy to find at Sephora or other higher end retailers. The mechanism is very basic and smooth and does exactly what I want it to do. I'm a bit disappointed that replacement pads aren't available after the extra one provided with the curler is gone, but I understand the company recommends replacing the whole curler at that point. I like the actual pad better than the Revlon pad and find it to be firmer, hence giving a better curl with less effort. I definitely plan to repurchase.

on 5/18/2016 10:59:00 AM

This curler is definitely not for me. I've only ever used cheap drugstore curlers in the past; it never occurred to me to spend more on one until I started to do some research when the Revlon I've been using for 5-plus years began to wear out. After reading so many glowing reviews for the Kevyn Aucoin, I decided to splurge and see what all the fuss is about. Ouch! No matter how many different angles I tried when using this curler, it never failed to pinch the outer and inner corners of my eyes. And even when I did manage to get a good grip without my eyes watering in pain, I was disappointed in the curl: I mainly just got a crimping effect - my cheap curler gives me much better results. Maybe this curler is not made for someone with small to medium sized eyes like me, because so many others seem to love it. But as for me, I will be returning this curler and picking up another cheap one. And maybe do some more research to see if there's a HG curler out there for small-eyed gals such as myself.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have had this eyelash curler for years...I love it and as soon as I got it, it replaced my Shu curler...I just love it...only problem...how do I know when I need to replace the liners and they look brand new years later? I have no idea if another curler is better...in highschool and college I use Revlon, then Shu, then this for 15 years and am only on my second pad....wonderful curler in my opinion...worth every penny.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This really works great! I have tried alot of curlers and this one is the best. It works best on the first pad though. I had to use the replacement pad and it only worked really good for awhile (does this happen to anyone else but me?). Anyway I have bought two revlons and spent about $12, when I should have bought another of these!

on 3/2/2003 2:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I really like this curler because the pad is much springier and fatter than the one on my shu. I use this in conjunction with my lashpro. While the lashpro refrains from the angled lashes, this one CAN give an angle if you want it to. Sometimes I appreciate that at the base of my Asian lashes, because curling my lashes out often makes them appear shorter in the longrun.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools